Open Source (with some exceptions)

I thought that Free and Open Source Software could not have these kinds of restrictions. Is this the future of a new license?

Attached: 6D78BF82-214C-4422-9261-BA6330B81174.jpg (680x423, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/lerna/lerna/pull/1616
mobile.twitter.com/jamiebuilds/status/1034594832876879872
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

From a strictly libre point of view, such changes do not harm users (the whole point of FOSS). Individuals are still free to use, modify, and distribute the software, even those that work at these corporations. All that this clause ensures is that the software will not be used officially by the corporations listed.

Source: github.com/lerna/lerna/pull/1616

Dev’s Twitter: mobile.twitter.com/jamiebuilds/status/1034594832876879872

Very interested to see the implications and discussion of this. It’s incredible to see developers attempting to fight political enemies by bringing politics into software licensing.

Although it seems the ones who licensed it this way were not on the project of the start, they have taken ownership in a way that much of the software written by the last generations will need in the near future.

Just thought you guys would like this.

that's the fag license from yesterday's thread.
nice try larping faggot.

>bringing politics into software licensing
Licensing is always political.

I would argue that it is on the “legal” side of the fence.

Add jews to the list

What license are we talking about right now, GGPL, Revised BSD License..?

That would be discriminating on racial grounds, the United States law would never enforce that. I for one would stage a “software sit-in” where the oppressed people effected by a license very visibly use the software until removed.

Modified MIT license. You can find the details in the repo

luckily this won't affect the NCSA Open Source License, which is similar to the MIT and BSD license but more concise

It can't. These programs are no longer truly open source, thats all.

Are licenses like this legally enforceable?

I'd assume any license that has political agendas against a US agency should expect some investigation at minimum. But MIT is a pretty prestigous college.

Short answer hell no
It would get tossed out since license can only discrib how you can and can use it, name dropping doesn't work since it can get crazy messy and isn't enforceable

Where can I read about why they chose these specific companies? Seems like kind of a random assortment of large companies. Not sure what they mean by 'collaboration'.

its unenforceable söy nonsense. it is the exact same thing as when cücks virtue signal on twitter.

how would you define jews legally? (((lawyers))) would tear that contract to pieces

>how would you define jews legally?
Are you genetically jewish enough to be eligible for Israeli citizenship, or do you attend Synagogue regularly? You're a jew.

>Now, it's not news to me that people can use open source for evil. That's part of the whole deal.

If that isn't hypocritical I dont know what is. Also, is Lerna really the crucial repo thats going to topple all these companies? I doubt it.

yes but how would you prove a person is jewish without access to their family history? one can prove he is jewish to israel by using private information, but he will just lie that he's not jewish and you won't be able to prove otherwise

if anything you'd have to use proxy characteristics, such as certain education which features predominately that ethnicity(harvard) or place of residence, last name etc.

Attached: memri-tv-we-can-smell-if-someone-is-a-jew-21779003.png (500x303, 63K)

>nice try larping
How is me posting this as a topic for discussion a LARP? Take your meds and go back to whatever containment thread you came from.

It is so funny how Americans draw the line morally. Weapons contractors using your code to turn brown school kids in shitholeistan into a fine pink mist: OK, Israel using your code to do what Israel does: OK, MS giving the fucking code to Windows to China and Russia for audit, China being a country genociding 1M muslims and Russia """hacking""" the election: OK, some fucking bottom of the heap gov agency enforcing the border against foreign invaders, NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT OK HOLY FUCK MOMMY HOLD MEEEE

There are proud free licenses, and there are cuck free licenses. Corporations love the cuck licenses because they can use the whole thing without paying a dime, as well as hold any changes as proprietary. Put simply, they leech off of someone else's work, they don't care about open source at all. The proud licenses therefore must put restrictions to prevent leeching. The irony, of all people who are most capable to drive the whole thing, they are the least willing to do it.

DNA testing spaz

Need include ... government agains human rigths like China,North Korea,Arabia Saudi,Israel, ....

I don't know why people seem to think open source projects are built by some dude over the weekends and then some corporation makes billions off of it without paying a dime. Most of the important open source projects are in fact kept alive by corporations, both in terms of code and financial contributions.

Just look who's the big donors to the Linux Foundation or the Apache Foundation. See who's active on the mailing lists.

Somebody please RT this to @techworkersco.

How is VSC on the list?
They're massive commies and their campuses are full of students and faculty alike bitching about how much we need illegals and it's fascism to not want poor kids to stick heroin needles in their arms until they OD or get gangrene.