How far is mozilla's dick up your ass, Jow Forums?

how far is mozilla's dick up your ass, Jow Forums?
>about:telemetry

Attached: file.png (1670x935, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2017/08/24/mozilla_considers_move_to_opt_out_telemetry_for_firefox/
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2018/08/07/firefox-offers-recommendations-with-latest-test-pilot-experiment-advance/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

about:telemetry
>oooh scary.

Attached: 1512585483594.jpg (651x768, 94K)

He's concerned about privacy, but uses windows.

Attached: 1512585483598.gif (500x375, 980K)

Oy vey

Just fine

Attached: 2018-08-29-115032_689x318_scrot.png (689x318, 20K)

>not having a linux distro that offers firefox without telemetry
enjoy being cucked

Attached: 1510807595011.png (396x102, 6K)

Wow....really makes you think

Attached: UIDStQW.png (1538x367, 29K)

why does a web browser need to collect all that info?

>they think "disabled" does anything
L A D S

Attached: goober.jpg (450x399, 62K)

Can you show me the specific parts of firefox's code that uploads telemetry data without respecting the settings disabling it?

why don't you show me the code where they do? because you know the code top to bottom, right?

burden of proof is on you

Using firefox because I forget the name of the only other browser prism-break recommends.

Attached: CopyQ.L10265.png (710x110, 9K)

why collecting what they are not sending, lad? why not disabling the module entirely?
is it possible that they do it on install until you disable it?
what a crazy idea
forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2017/08/24/mozilla_considers_move_to_opt_out_telemetry_for_firefox/

>le mozilla le botnet gaiz!
>os.name Windows_NT
You don't belong here, and you never will.

Attached: 1521644189204.jpg (1200x859, 265K)

Isn't the telemetry shit just anonymous data?
Anyways, be it on Windows or Linux, I just don't give a fuck about security/privacy anymore.

i didnt have to disable it because i dont use a shit operating system. it came disabled when i installed it

>moving goalposts

That doesn't prove they're still sending it.

>using windows while bitching about any other botnet

it is enabled by default
what more proof do you need?
as I said, try and proof that they are not sending anything

You're the one claiming it does. Prove it.

I have it disabled but even the data shown in OP isn't that bad. Its just basic OS stuff, not like its sending your browsing history + unique identifier or something...

compile it without telemetry then you dumb faggot

the unique identifiers are in the general data section

one of firefox's testdrive "features" is a suggested articles sidebar, which does send your browsing habits to a third party

hopefully this doesnt become opt-out in the future

fpbp and spbp
/thread

>using Windows 10
>worrying about fucking firefox
LEL

confirmed, based, and redpilled

/thread

>how far is microsoft's dick up your ass, OP?

quoting the denial of this thread
>I HAVE WIN 10 TELEMETRY DISABLED HUR DUR

I don't have that.

This

lol

found the skids

It doesn't. The featured articles are downloaded to your PC and then Firefox, based on your History, decides which ones to show users. No data is sent to third party servers, all is done locally.

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2018/08/07/firefox-offers-recommendations-with-latest-test-pilot-experiment-advance/
>At Mozilla, we believe browser history is sensitive information and we want people to clearly understand that Laserlike will receive their web browsing history before installing the experiment.

wasted trips

I stand corrected. I thought you were talking about the Pocket recommendations.
I highly doubt they'll add that to Firefox though. Most of the experiments are never added to Firefox. I'm actually surprised they are testing this after the forward button and the activity steam fiascos: nobody used them and even those who did, stopped using it after a very short while.

HAHAHAHAHA, busted

>using a litteral rootkit OS

>but muh disabled telemetry works on firefox but not on windows, amarite??

Dear Linux hobos:
It comes disabled by default on Windows too provided you're using a portableapps version rather than downloading straight from Mozilla like a dumb nigger who can't into organization in the first place.

If you're using either, you're a retard that doesn't belong here. Not sure how this is hard for you to grasp.

Jow Forums is closed source and proprietary whereas most other *chans are not, so actually you don't belong here.

yeah but you still have the microshaft up your ass

Better than spending hours sucking off my computer itself to maintain basic functionality because my non-human-oriented OS was built by collegiate theorists rather than people who made it their actual job to make an OS, an OS for people with actual jobs.
Better than taking it up the ass from a community of aloof theorists who all suggest that you "only have to ask" to solve any problem you might have only to go off on long-winded irrelevant rants and arguments and pontifications about theoretical filesystems instead of just telling you which five lines of code everyone needs to copy into their source to make a given software actually compile, or actually accomplish its intended purpose.

t. Person who has clearly never used Linux before

ive never had this issue with linux, friend
in fact, ive had more issues with windows

"no comrade it is all just capitalist slander, we must stand together in denial of this and learn nothing!"
I use Linux constantly, because I'm the one who has to unfuck distributed Linux installs for all of our braindead clients, and let me tell you, Windows Server is pure ass but a lot of this fuckery makes it look desirable by comparison.

Well, it's been proven that W10 still sends telemetry data even when users switch it off. You retards have been saying that Firefox sends data even when turned off too but you've never proven it. That's a big difference right there.

>Telemetry is """"disabled""""
>it still prompts with all the data they can find
even when ff does not really send any information to (((mozilla))) why to gather them in the first place?

Attached: Screenshot (2271).png (515x412, 24K)

It doesn't contain any personal information, and it's showing me what they're collecting as telemetry.
So Mozilla's dick is... Not very far up my ass?

feels good tbqh

Attached: 2018-08-29-175944_305x53_scrot.png (305x53, 2K)

In case of a crash or a bug report, users may want to send logs manually. They are, however, not sent unless datareporting.healthreport.uploadEnabled is set to true.
toolkit.telemetry.archive.enabled disables the creation of the pings. You can also delete all the contents of the directory and set it to read only if you're a paranoid little fuck.

>using firefox

this is exactly my point, but some turbonigroids here can't seem to grasp it
on the contrary, they totally understand how win10 still telemetries your ass even with all settings disabled

THE CURRENT STATE OF THIS FUCKING BOARD
>WIN 10 TELEMETRY DISABLED
MUH BOTNET
>FIREFOX TELEMETRY DISABLED
I AM FINE, GUISE!

Attached: file.png (1399x764, 1.93M)

because people have proven that windows telemetry isnt actually disabled when you "disable" it

I use icecat nig.

are you retarded lol

Attached: 5-a06e-2043962.png (428x366, 243K)

Same for fennec fdroid

It's very basic and vague information about what hardware and extensions you use with FF. Plus there is nothing about any info on your location or anything that a botnet like Google Chrome will use. Your BIOS tells more about your machine than this will. Now please fuck off, Chrome shill.

Attached: 1499653648341.jpg (552x593, 20K)

This is the single most retarded thing I've read all day. Just how fucking disabled are you?