Quick question, what was the program's name that makes it simple to download loads of basic programs?

Quick question, what was the program's name that makes it simple to download loads of basic programs?

Attached: index.png (225x225, 1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/buy-now/battle-royale
ninite.com/
chocolatey.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

apt-get

ninite

Windows.

Attached: 0e9.jpg (600x600, 27K)

Ninite.com

it's called package manager, something winfags will never have

???? What is chocolatey then?

epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/buy-now/battle-royale

Attached: 7z6ko.jpg (469x463, 21K)

it's called a web browser

Chocolatey

ClickNRun (only old Linux users remember this)

git clone

cd /usr/share/ports/category/program && sudo make install clean

Firefox

>Post nuanced discussion or important question
>Get 0 or 1 replies

>Use Jow Forums as my google
>Quite a lot of replies

thank you Jow Forumsentlemen

We don't need it. We're smart enough to download and deploy our software ourselves. I've always found it funny that freetards (quite rightfully, IMO) trash walled-garden app stores, then unironically make posts like this.

Attached: 1523052623521.jpg (488x580, 39K)

fpbp
>look up program's official website
>god help you if it doesn't have one
>spend 10 minutes clawing your way to download link though tons of bloat and advertising
>download the installer manually
>find the installer in the downloads folder, launch
>click "next" trillion times
>but god forbid you fail to untick one if the checkboxes
>close the fucking webpage popup once it's finished
>rinse and repeat for each program
vs
>type apt-get install programX programY programZ [enter]
>done

>67365330
>I-I don't need convenience anyway!
Also, since I see that you have never even bothered using a distro, unlike walled-garden app stores, if you're a masochist you can always install shit yourself on Linux manually. Package managers exist to help you out, not lock you in.

lmao that's really not it
>save and run, it installs
fin

>Go to website
>Click download here button
>Click download link
>Press open button
>Follow simple installer
>It works

Meanwhile on licucks:
>apt-get some-shit-nobody's-heard-of
>NO THIS ISN'T AVAILABLE FOR YOUR ARCHITECTURE TRY AGAIN FUCKBAG
>apt-get make-my-shit-compatible
>apt-get some-shit-nobody's-heard-of
>NO FUCK YOU I'M GOING TO CRASH NOW AND ALSO HALF OF YOUR OTHER PACKAGES ARE NOW DEAD BECAUSE OF THAT OTHER THING YOU INSTALLED
>wget source code
>make install
>ERROR YOU ARE MISSING TEN BILLION LIBRARIES THAT YOU ALL NEED TO WGET AND MAKE SEPARATELY AND ALSO THIS DOESN'T WORK ON YOUR ARCHITECTURE TRY AGAIN FUCKBOY
>make install -i6969 suckCock-package-headers /shit/folder
>OKAY FINE I'LL INSTALL NOW GO CONFIGURE MY TWELVE CONFIG FILES, YOU KEK
>vim config.file
>NO FUCK YOU VIM BROKE BECAUSE OF ALL THE SHIT YOU DID
>nano kill.me
>This setting is basically just the entire source code of the entire program in JavaScript. Have fun!
>ctrl-C
>exit

Easy. Normal people use standard programs with a bit of market share, so don't disappear overnight.
>god help you if it doesn't have one
See above.
>spend 10 minutes clawing your way to download link though tons of bloat and advertising
A ten year-old can tell adobe-100%-free.download.xyzzy.ru is a fraud. Why can't you?
>download the installer manually
Yes, clicking a link is sooo hard.
>find the installer in the downloads folder, launch
Because clicking "run" is sooo hard.
>click "next" trillion times
Actually, twice.
>but god forbid you fail to untick one if the checkboxes
Unchecky is a thing. So is paying some attention to what you're doing.
>close the fucking webpage popup once it's finished
My grandpa warned me not to use cnet.com.
>rinse and repeat for each program
This is just tardation.

Object lesson in why being a freetard doesn't make you l33t - in fact, it makes you disregard practices that have been standard for decades. Your fault (core dumped).

vs
This is pretty fucking accurate.

Attached: 15380746_1393921313952621_260492096667205370_n.jpg (531x333, 31K)

>type
>at a console

Attached: 1513204358986.jpg (581x593, 52K)

Most Lincucks have no concept of getting, compiling, or verifying software, and fuck it up royally if they try. Despite "open source", very few of them have the brains to do anything beyond type "apt-get" or "make". It's why they call everything proprietary 'botnet' - they're too stupid to find a clean version of anything; they just mindlessly click their meme search engine's first hit. This is why they talk up package managers: it's to cover the fact that if it's not waiting for them in their favourite repository, they're completely mystified.

>things that never happen

Attached: linux user.png (600x539, 14K)

Of it very much is. I have a fresh Windows experience, on account of a certain Vidya not releasing Linux version until much later, and that's exactly how it went, complete with awkward websites, checkbox fuckery and post install popups. I never had this problem in loonix, it's literally just typing a program name in the install prompt. I mean I used to use Windows exclusively, when I was 12 and XP was still all the rage, and the whole installation process haven't changed one bit since then. But you get used to nice things fast, and going back to all this fucking crap after using glorious package manager is a torture. I guess if you never knew anything better than this antiquated way of doing things, you wouldn't be bothered by it, taking it for granted.
Things that never happened for 100, Alex.

google chrome

>walled-garden
Have you never heard of appimages and flatpaks?

:s/Lincucks/of Jow Forums/

M$ poojeets really working hard for their $0.10 per post

>i have no argument
Jesus kid, we already knew that.

Try downloading a specific driver version from a GPU vendor website, finding it is not a fun adventure.
>Installation process is laborious? Who cares! Convenience is for losers! What do you, have other things to do? Wasting entire evening just installing drivers and basic software is totally fine!

That posts was already more than you deserved poojeet

“Ninite.com frees up your day”
The Christian Science Monitor
uhh...

>resort to misdirected racism
Yes, we know you have no argument. Seriously, we know. You don't need to keep proving it.

Attached: 1523310286210.jpg (431x450, 68K)

You're all wrong.
All you need is yay.

What if I don't like compiling and installing shit manually as well as manually updating it? That's what package manager is for. I build nightlies for one specific project but I'd rather not do that for every single program on the hard drive. Also, sometimes build instructions are completely obscure if you're not already in on it. Cmake projects seem to suffer the most from it. Gcc /w makefiles are the simplest.

Qbasic.

pacman

Sounds like some kind of bothet. STAY AYAW!

Nog that thing which Windows scrubs dont understand?
A package manager?

Chocolatey or Ninite

ninite
ninite.com/
or chocolatey
chocolatey.org/