Linux is easy to use guise

>linux is easy to use guise
>you don't need to use the CLI at all
>even normies can use it

Attached: muh freedom.png (1301x424, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2007.06.grouppolicy.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>smart enough to navigate 100 million dialogs
>too stupid to copy and paste some text

Lol, there is no simpler way?

This is the reality of Linux..

>not disabling the camera in the BIOS

Enjoy knowing Windows can secretly toggle this back on any time.

Disabling webcam in hardware manager is not something a normalfag would do. One would not even know it was possible.

>not putting black tape on the lens

Attached: 1508989048634.jpg (221x250, 7K)

fucking this

3 button presses on one of 92 different control panels on 16 different desktop environments on 356 different GNU/Linux distros.
or
3 commands pasted in your terminal.
Gee.
I wonder why people post term commands in GNU/Linux forums?
Fucking wintoddlers, not a brain cell amongst the lot of them.

Attached: CopyQ.B10265.png (574x549, 93K)

There is no reason to disable your webcam when your operating system is not spyware. kys

>he thinks the disable button does anything
>not snipping the wires that run to the camera

I'd rather use my ThinkShutterâ„¢

Attached: lenovo-laptop-shutter.png (582x327, 47K)

its see trough plastic you idiot

Why you scared of copy/pasting some text tho?

If you aren't smart enough to do that in CLI you shouldn't be using Linux.

it physically disconnects +5V from the camera module

That's what they want you to think

This is actually a point where Windows manages slightly better. That doesn't mean the rest of the OS is good though.

>not unplugging the camera from the MB

>cover camera with 4 feet of lead
>don't you know how good the NSA's computer vision algorithms are

you can easily disassemble the frame and see for yourself

And void the warranty? Now THAT's exactly what they want you to do

>needing a warranty

Thinkshutters are old enough for the warranty to expire on the first models equipped with them.

Perfect victim for planned obsolescence

>not being able to repair any issues yourself

>he thinks that only smart people can copy paste commands they found on google
Oh boy.

What's wrong with the Linux way? Most of the commands are about finding your device ID, not about actually disabling it. It is like listing all the steps necessary to get into the device manager as necessary steps for the Windows method.

>listing all the steps necessary to get into the device manager

>right click on my computer
>click on manage
>click on device manager

Doesn't seem that hard tbqh

>right click on start
>click on device manager

it's even easier than that

How do you right click in a remote server?

N O T F O R
O
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
M
I
E
S

RDP doesn't disable right click

>have to use RDP to disable a device

Windows is so bloated

>even with RDP it's still much faster than the lincucks method

Not only the Linux method inconvenient, it's less secure. A device disabled in Device Manager doesn't have its drivers loaded on startup. A device disabled by a line in rc.local is still started normally, and then disabled after the shell loads the startup script.

Attached: 1403297888648.jpg (600x800, 77K)

how do you automate the steps to push the change to 100 devices? powershell lmao?

If you need to disable 100 devices, you're probably doing something very wrong.

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2007.06.grouppolicy.aspx

if you need to disable a device on the usb bus you're probably doing something wrong or fucking with lowlevel shit anyway

>calling computers devices
i didnt realize we wher black call center lady tier now

yeah i was actually talking about computers its trivial to disable 1 device on 100 computers on linux

>Having something to hide

ah ok thats better

>steam releases proton
>looks like might succeed
>release your rabid indian shills
powershell knows

Attached: powershell_knows.png (640x246, 34K)

kek

You found some brainlet answer from StackOverflow I guess
It's simple as
rmmod uvcvideo

You can do this the same way in a normie distro like Ubuntu though

>plug in external hard drive
>want to put bokunopico.mp4 on it to watch with gf
>*drag n drop*
>...nothing
>*copy n paste*
>...nothing
>it's alright, i've d-done this before with c-command line...
cp bokunopico.mp4 /dev/sdb1
>Access Denied
>ahahah, the old sudo, almost forgot ;^)
>Permission Required
>dude...
sudo scp bokunopico.mp4 /dev/sdb1
>...nothing

in the end I decided it would be quicker to just re-torrent the file onto her laptop. now, where's that autist to justify this insane OS behaviour andl call me stupid?

Attached: FESZzmF.jpg (550x413, 55K)

op is a fucking retard, you dont have to disable a webcam in linux that doesnt work in the first place, along with touchpad and sound presumably

You're retarded, apparently.

don't refer to the disk drive, you have to point to the directory in the actual filesystem to move your data to, other wise no shit it's going to give you permission errors.

you cracked me up user, thank you

mkdir /tmp/penis
sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /tmp/penis
[sudo] cp ilovesuckingcock.mp4 /tmp/penis
sync
sudo umount /tmp/penis

mount > copy > sync > unmount
It ain't that hard.

You have to mount the drive retard. You just tried to copy onto the raw device, like a disk image. I'm not sure but you may have hosed that drive and need to reformat

Normie distros should have automounted the disk onto the desktop when you plugged it in, but eh. Don't use sudo if you're a retard

Also
>scp
kek this might be bait

>sync
Wait, this is required?

Nope, but I do it out of habit for some reason.

> I'm not sure but you may have hosed that drive
hes larping

i've heard suse has pretty good graphical configuration tools, i haven't used it though

you will never ever need to do this on any decent DE who are these clowns ffs

it was mounted, i just wasn't copying to the mount point as you said. had too much DUDE LMAO to figure it out. question is, why make it so fucking difficult in the first place to non-autists?

>why make it so fucking difficult in the first place to non-autists?
It's not any more difficult than anything else you don't know.

There's little danger in removing a disk without unmounting after a sync. It's a peace-of-mind step.

it's literally just to put a file onto an external drive, you realise that?

that doesn't void your warranty

You're a brainlet. Should have replaced sdb1 with sd*

if your drive is not automounted with the correct permissions, either your linux install and/or drive are horribly broken, grats

>DUDE LMAO
Back to Mac OS then you retard. Go do your logos or whatever is it that graphic designers do

read

it is like having you truck to be pulled up by a fucking crane so workers on 3rd floor can put some cargo in it so it can then be safely lowered down
all of that because ground floor doesnt have any doors, no external nor internal
that is linux ladies and gents

Everything that you need to done can be done with GUI nowadays. And what cannot yet be done, will soon be done becasue Steam porting over to Linux is a huge impact on the userbase, and more userbase means more support. Just be among the "late changers", wait a bit And enjoy your fresh Windows 7 until Linux has all the common software and hardware support then switch.

Any other OS does the exact same thing. It's just that they hide it behind a GUI by default, which is entirely doable on Loonix as well.

>huge impact on the userbase, and more userbase means more support
A large influx of users will not necessarily mean a large influx of capable developers.

>/etc/rc.local

Attached: lenny_thumbsup.gif (389x286, 1.12M)

>entirely doable via GUI
>original post literally says it couldn't be done via GUI

>it's literally just to put a file onto an external drive, you realise that?
Why should you automatically know how to do that?
Give your grandfather a Windows or OSX computer and an external drive and a tell him to do that. If he doesn't know how he's not going to work it out.

If you're using a desktop distro of Linux it should have mounted the drive for you with write permissions for your user. It would have been no different to copying a file on Windows or OSX.
If you built your distro into a desktop distro or have fucked with it then maybe it doesn't automatically mount drives. That's more your fault than anything else.

>If you're using a desktop distro of Linux it should have mounted the drive for you with write permissions for your user. It would have been no different to copying a file on Windows or OSX.

it was mounted it since i was able to view the contents but was unable to copy anything onto it via Nautilus.

Image on the right doesn't look difficult. I would actually prefer it.
Seriously if all the benefits that the GNU/Linux gives you and your hang-up is this?
Stick with your comfy monkey interface where you can have your nice visuals of dragging and dropping and clicking.

>Don't use sudo if you're a retard
>Don't use sudo if you want to be unable to do literally anything
solid advice right there

one can make a gui for this shit at no time but either it is already there or no one bothered to do it because it is so fucking redundant you illiterate fuck

Or just stick to Ubuntu and whoever uses something else can get bent?

That guy is probably doing something wrong because it works just fine on my end.

rmmod its module

windows literally has a remote assistance feature

>willing to repeat system-level tasks ad infinitum in an open unconditional admission that your time has no (zero [0]) value whatsoever
>too scared of those complicated clicky buttons to know about fucking device manager
also, these

>he thinks the best way to use and manage a system is through a GUI
Oh boy.

yeah, it usually works for me too, except sometimes it doesn't, as was the case with this one particular drive.

>well no shit it's set up to be retarded and not infer even the most obvious things on a system level because not getting a generic error interferes with user freedom!
plug > play
It's superior in every way
>HAHA WOMM GOTTEM
>wtf you just wanted to USE the storage you plugged in as STORAGE??? how absurd

why don't any linux distros come with a GUI program to configure this?

Why don't retards just stick to windows?

>It's superior in every way
Great, if that's your opinion.

>HAHA WOMM GOTTEM
I'm sorry, what?

>plug and play
>what is systemd?
Does your mom still wipe your ass for you?

Explain how looking up, memorizing, or keeping a record of hundreds of text commands is in any way smarter or more efficient use of time and memory than using intuitive, predictable, efficiency-focused user interfaces?

because the devs are too busy developing 14 competing programs that do exactly the same thing, but each in their own way, and are too far up their own asses to adopt useful features if they are offered by the competition. that's the power of open source.

>what is systemd?
The bane of all user rights, according to Jow Forums.
It also does not include a quick GUI comparable to Device Manager's functionality, which is what this thread is about, so neck yourself you retarded sped.

>predictable
It's predictable because your learned the patterns, much like you would do when using "text commands" instead.

Explain how not knowing how a computer works should be the reason why the world should conform to you. I can remember commands because I'm not a fucking retard. If you think learning commands is difficult, don't even bother with syscalls.

>It also does not include a quick GUI
That's why retards should stick with windows. Fucking normies.

Windows is better than linux because of usability. You use Linux to fuck around and look smart. You use Windows to get things done.

Placing the correct term in quotations does not make it less of a correct, system-agnostic term, and those learned patterns just happen to be based on centuries of mechanical workflows adapted to software because they worked well, rather than arbitrary syntax shat out by various devs. It's also a workflow-based system rather than a memory-based system, so the idea of its efficient use being dependent on learned patterns applies far more to CLI interfaces than to UIs.

You're not special or superior. Anyone can remember hundreds of commands, some people just actually have thousands of other things to remember that are actually useful or necessary. A system which requires your tribal knowledge, for you to operate as an extension of it, is innately inferior. It's not about difficulty, it's about an absurd backwards workflow. See for some of us, an OS is not like a Nintendo game where you master sequences and feel good about yourself. For some of us, a computer is a tool to do things and to make things, so extra steps which slow that down get in the way of actually doing something other than jerking ourselves off to how well we remembered some commands.

>repeats "hurr so retard GUI bad GUI BAD!"
You're a pathetic, twisted creature so dependent on this masochistic userland to feel important or better than other people that you're actively arguing systems that waste user time to preserve processor time. No matter how elite you may think yourself to be and no matter how cheap your CPU may be, I GUARANTEE you cannot enter lines faster than it can read them in from a compiled program.
You are vastly inferior to the computer in your ability to remember and quickly iterate simple instructions, and yet you call other people stupid for saying "hmm, maybe this would be a good thing, after 20 years, for the computer to mindlessly repeat instead of me doing it at a much slower pace".

>not adding it to your /etc/rc.local
>not making a script
>being unable to automate shit in your OS
stupid fucking wintoddler

Except there is, you can simply download a GUI.
Fucking brainlets I swear.