X220 screens

Is anyone else's X220 screen absolute shit for color? I bought a "refurbished" X220 and installed my same dotfiles from my other thinkpad aND the colors are way different.

Attached: x220_1_1_1.jpg (500x492, 54K)

>Buy shit
>Get shit
Call the news papers.

its an old piece of shit wtf do you expect

Hey..

Attached: 71a3499f.jpg (630x354, 24K)

I got a used X200 and the screen quality and color is fantastic. Maybe I just got lucky.

Thats what I was hoping to hear. The purples are almost blue on mine

Can you get an IPS one from the X230?

B-b-but Jow Forums told me that think pads are never old and they work forever

>"refurbished" X220
it probably had a dead/broken panel and the seller fitted the cheapest replacement he could find

You probably have a TN panel, and these just have crap colors. I think there was a IPS version of x220, and you should've gone for that if you wanted a decent display, or you could swap that shitty panel for IPS.

>buy refurb x131e
>it has a dead pixel
reeeeee

This, just find an ISP panel for an X220/X230 and swap it out, it's pretty simple. Doesn't fix the garbage resolution, but nothing will do that unless you want to deal with soldering on a mod board for one of the newer X2xx 1080p screens.

>refurbished
They used a shit panel, not the original.

old memepads have always had shit colors. I mean real shit, Macbook Air tier. Only the few IPS ones are decent (x220t, some x230 models).

This. The TN is dogshit, get an IPS and everything will be wonderful in your life
Yes
X220 can also come with IPS, just like X230. The difference IIRC is that the tablets ONLY come with IPS

>X220 can also come with IPS, just like X230.
I've never run into an IPS x220 non-t but I'll take your word for it family

I bought one with an IPS from ebay.
Of course the guy might have already modified it himself, I guess. So that doesn't prove there are X220s that time with OEM installed IPS panels. But you can apparently buy them either way (or, you know, install one yourself).

jesus christ buy a 1080p panel and shut the fuck up already

>2018
>non retina/high dpi

>he fell for the x220 meme
kek, the x230 is better in every way (including screen) except maybe keyboard

It's literally (as in the original meaning) the same exact screen

Yes. It at times starts showing pretty F'd up image too

The X220T all come with IPS displays, you picked the wrong model

Fuck this, I'm getting optiplex and using a refurb led tv

You can just plug in an external display to the thinkpad.

Just replace it with a better screen. It works over 9000% of the time.

optiplex is faster quad-core cpu anyway

But it's not a thinkpad

it was one of the optional upgrades when you bought them online so they're probably relatively rare

I honestly don't know what's more toxic here: the blind endorsement of decrepit Thinkpads or sucking Trump off constantly.

Jow Forums, 2018, is basically a place where angry young white men go to become even more untouchable to modern women than they were before.

Attached: Draper.jpg (409x393, 19K)