Why haven't you jumped the shark yet in favor switching away from Windows for good already?

Why haven't you jumped the shark yet in favor switching away from Windows for good already?

Attached: SteamPenguin.jpg (1200x600, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unrealengine.com/en-US/what-is-unreal-engine-4
affinity.serif.com/photo/desktop/
affinity.serif.com/designer/desktop/
marvelousdesigner.com/
wiki.unrealengine.com/Building_On_Linux
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll wait when it works, I'm done jumping the promises.

Productivity and Common Sense 2019

Already did. Today in fact. I've had enough windows in my lifetime.

Because of these:

unrealengine.com/en-US/what-is-unreal-engine-4

affinity.serif.com/photo/desktop/

affinity.serif.com/designer/desktop/

marvelousdesigner.com/

when it's not shit

Why jump in now when Windows 7 still works? It should be less of a shitty beta later anyway.

only pedophiles and terrorists use gnu/linux

because i still need to google commands and shit to throw at the terminal in 2018 almost 2019 for basic shit
that's fine for servers but not for desktops in the current year

linux is not suitable for daily usage

>hurr durr we can't game on linux so gaymers are fuckin losers u manchildren
>lmao proprietary botnet, i'd never install that
>A WILD PROTON AND STEAM DRM APPEARS!
>500 threads of "windows BTFO we can game now we have like 9 games u have no reason to have windows we so much better than u"

Freetards are the feminists of the IT world - will do an immediate 180 on their deepest-held beliefs if they think it can win them an argument. The funniest part is that they, like feminists, will swear blind that they haven't done a 180, or pretend that it's perfectly logically consistent.

Bonus points for "it's like Jow Forums is more than one person" - when everyone knows full well you were knocking gaming yesterday.

Attached: 1526717260467.jpg (227x200, 15K)

But I have, few years ago.

it's like Jow Forums is more than one person

I'm installing gentoo i don't have time for gayms.

what's the advantage of switching to linux where i have to deal with wine and all that other fuckery as opposed to windows where it just werks?

Attached: fl.jpg (231x501, 78K)

It's not.

Pretty much this.

Attached: laughing_skele.gif (360x270, 1.63M)

You don't get the entire population of India rummaging through your data, for starters.

because i need my web browser to work correctly

The fuck are you using? Microsoft Edge?

I don't know how to use ganoo plus loonicks

Attached: CopyQ.H10265.png (592x430, 63K)

Windows jumped the shark long ago. While Windows was never good, XP was the least-bad Windows.

Already did. Steam was the only reason I've kept a Windows install around for the last few years and now that's basically done. I haven't had any problems with Proton (after increasing the file descriptor limit on my distro).

what can I say? it's a doggie dog world.

This copypasta gets posted into every steam thread.

because linux can't do optimus right thanks to nvidia not helping out

>t. buthurt Pajeet

Pretty sure Unreal Engine was made to run on everything for a years now.

The UE editor itself only has binaries for Windows and macOS. The Epic Games launcher, which contains the marketplace and package manager for the engine is not currently available for Linux.

More like 500 threads of "WHY LINUX IS SO SHIT"

I don't want all my files to lose their creation timestamps

If you move your files to another drive, this still happens, even on Windows. The modified date is the one that remains across transfers.

I switched a long time ago to the peak operating system already

Attached: .png (739x744, 42K)

I’m not delusional, Windows is still the best option for games. That’s why I use a virtual machine and play on a Windows 10 guest under a Linux host.

hahaha, fagit

Attached: goober.jpg (450x399, 62K)

danny mac os is not that great
it ok
not the peak

i will when there's a distro with working vsync and graphical configuration page included.

i havent launched steam in about 7 months

>not just using windows

>steam thread.

Attached: 1518527365897.png (709x636, 167K)

>being this triggered by proton
top zoz

I hope that everyone realises Windows will fuck it self with DaaS and then move to Linux

Cool flag comrade

As the originator of this copypasta, thanks for mentioning the DRM (my original didn't). It's amazing how these freetards will immediately sell their principles when it suits them.

gee I sure would love to play all my games with 20-30% lower framerates! I'll switch to Linux right away!

you can compile on linux:
wiki.unrealengine.com/Building_On_Linux

BASED AND REDPILED

I know, but at the moment that can be a painstaking process that takes hours to complete, and after you get done compiling, it still doesn't come with the Epic Games Launcher which is required to access a couple of features.

If you're going to do game development on Linux, Godot is pretty much your best bet. The other engines like Unity, Unreal and CryEngine are too focused on Windows and macOS at the moment.

I got +100 fps in CS:GO kek

I've had a recent incident involving streaming video of a VM where it would not work on Windows but worked on Linux after very minimal punching and kicking. So there's at least one scenario where Linux had less fuckery than Windows, and I'm sure there are others.

Also, as of Windows 10 you can't really depend on it anymore because of how the updates work, so the amount of fuckery required to get stuff in modern Windows to work is quickly surpassing the amount of fuckery required to get stuff in Linux to work.

Because I work in media creation, and that seems to be the field that's Linux's biggest weakness at the moment.

In all honestly I'd be shocked if Valve wasn't working on getting Unreal fully compatible right now
It already works in some capacity in Proton so they probably don't have much more work to do

The games, yes. I meant the editor itself, which isn't fully supported on Linux like the other two operating systems are.

I don't use Steam since I refuse to pay for digital distribution since I'm not a brainwashed pay pig
Luckily it is usable without using Steam so I'll wait until it gets better before i switch

and if you were using Windows you might be able to get a solid 144fps.