So what brands do you guys like?

so what brands do you guys like?

Attached: DSCN0003.jpg (4000x3000, 2.66M)

none
I use what I think is best choice among all.

of course that's a fair viewpoint but I mean what brands designs/features are most appealing in consumer electronics?

or just shit that you like the way it looks....

Old Sony was pretty tits. Now you got to treat them like everyone else, can't just buy and be guaranteed a nice product.

I like Sony audio equipment. Up until the iPod craze they made some of the best. Even the cheap made-in-china stuff of the late '90s was far above the equally flimsy competition. Their receivers, players, and decks have timeless style and well-laid UX design. I like their computers but they tend to be underpowered and overpriced.
Panasonic/National is good too. I can also appreciate the higher-end Realistic equipment. Generally always going to get good shit from all of those brands.
I grew up with Pre-HP Compaq so I'm partial to mid '90s Presarios as well.

For modern computers Asus and Dell
Brother for printers
Logitech for peripherals

This is true.

Sony fit and finish can't be beat except for maybe early Panasonics. Its made it hard for me buying newer stuff because if the Sony one isn't up to snuff the other brands REALLY feel like cheap garbage...

Attached: minidosc.jpg (1151x846, 212K)

sketchers.

"IT'S THE S!"

>Onkyo (pic related, not mine sadly)
my first receiver was an Onkyo. That thing has seen 3 different apartments and years of heavy use and it hasn't flinched. Magnificent sound, very durable.
>Lenovo
my T410s, T430s, and Y700 are all well-built and reliable. The T410s still gets solid battery life even though it's almost 9 years old.
>Beyerdynamic
love my DT770 pros
>Asus
I never realized how great Asus is until I bought a Gigabyte motherboard, then replaced the Gigabyte board with an MSI board
>Honda
When I was a kid, my family's Odyssey got hit by a box truck on the highway. Entire back + driver's side of Odyssey was fucked. I was on the opposite side of the car, but that thing may very well have saved my sister's life

Attached: a6a337a388aaf07d7def200b17367d37.jpg (1600x1200, 208K)

flat out this

I kinda wished MiniDisc didn't do so poorly here in the US.

The phones are decent, and they make some decent headphones. Much like every other big brand, though, they've been rebadging /csg/ for years now and selling it. YMMV

nike

Onkyo still makes great stuff. Their portable player is interesting looking.

I love my minidiscs. Sometimes I still record mp3s to a blank 80min disc when listening to music on my phone starts to bore me....The prices are going way up so I think I need to get another portable recorder.

Attached: sony minidisc.jpg (685x1000, 133K)

There is no good motherboard vendor, Gigabyte was ok for a while around the AM3 years but now its all gamer trash top to bottom.

Asus towes the line too hard, first to drop BIOS, locked down and user unfriendly firmware, nasty unhelpful customer service, market needs a shakeup or a new competitor but will probably consolidate around the two most cancerous companies like other tech sectors.

>I like their computers

*snap*

this is going in my cringe folder

Attached: MX3GK.jpg (640x321, 54K)

i miss good sony

Attached: 13963118146_909cc2e237_b.jpg (1024x681, 216K)

why did lenovo stop making the old thinkpads? the only got the thin ones on their website
any cheap alternatives that are nice?

テクニクス

Attached: 83a55b763710a034133a2913b0cfb38c.jpg (1015x1488, 190K)

>why did lenovo stop making the old thinkpads?
The Lenovo Thinkpads (as opposed to the Lenovo-made IBM Thinkpads) were simply Lenovo laptops shoe-horned into Thinpad cases.
Once Lenovo moved away from the thick laptops to the thin laptops there was no way to keep making the old Thinkpads. They simply don't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile.

mmmm

Attached: 477105229.jpg (960x912, 173K)

I have a lot of Apple products, but nothing newer than 2007. I don't mind the Macbook Pros up to 2013, but they're still too expensive for me.

Panasonic, Fujitsu, HGST, IBM, Pioneer, Brother

Sony was the shit back in the 80s, they made some of the best looking audio equipment. Even their home computers being styled the same way makes them feel like classy hi-end gear. I don't get anything like that from their VAIOs. Only the Xperia phones feel nicely put together.

Attached: C_hvskKUAAEg1ut.jpg (1200x900, 169K)

What's that keyboard?

Sony KBD-13(B), it comes with the F-900 computer and it should be MSX only, though i may be wrong. The one on the right is an HB-f1XD computer.

Attached: k175982794.1.jpg (600x450, 49K)

I do not care about brand. When I buy electronics I look for reviews (from people who got the product and not for some ecelebs on YouTube) and pick whichever sucks least.
I do not care if it's Asus or Acer or some obscure chink brand if it is best for the price.

And threads like this should die on Jow Forums.