Defend this

Attached: 1530933846954.png (900x500, 46K)

Retard

>people suddenly prefer windowless
>cases today are made with aluminum or some meme steel, right uses more metal material so It costs more
popular trend =/= numale

I feel like it should be the opposite. sőy boys love ricer, windows and LEDs

No, now it's contrarian to prefer a windowless, brushed metal box. So windowless cases are filled with onions now.

>have white windowed case and plenty of leds
does that make me a chad now

That makes you a Linus Sebastian

Cube Master Race reporting in, so good i bought a second one fore my latest build for like 100 bucks. Tower Cucks BTFO

Attached: The Cube.jpg (425x425, 28K)

But that takes up more floorspace, how is it better at anything?

>aluminum is expensive
also mindlessly following popular trends actually does make you a numale soiboi.

Attached: 00012000809965_1.jpg (700x700, 49K)

Are windowless cases really a trend now? How long until we go back to beige cases and 5 ¼" floppy disk drives?

Mine doesn't have a window and was cheap

>he thinks that a cube
behold, my tiny friend

Attached: case.jpg (600x580, 111K)

Attached: trash.png (180x191, 49K)

>windowless is onions
>said by a retard who wants to look at the hardware itself instead of the screen
What a fucking retard.

I recently got tempered glass and quite like it. I like looking into my PC at my leisure.

I'm just setting up my Define R6. It's a thing of beauty, everything is so neat and thought through.

Attached: cd5a777e-b4c9-4673-ab52-7a683a44221b.jpg (778x485, 80K)

you look at the hardware on loading screens or if you're rendering something big

>plebeian parallelepiped
you are like little babies: watch this pic related

Attached: sg13b-34right-top.jpg (560x560, 77K)

>loading screens or if you're rendering something big
No, you look at your secondary monitor, in which you have something else open, you dumbo.

>not wanting to dwarf others with the shear bulk of your case

Attached: case 2.jpg (1401x1274, 542K)

My 500R is rather large but it looks good and it cools extremely well, based side intake fan

Nobody will witness my shameful cable management

Only basedboys care about cable management, hence why they love windowed cases.

>he doesn't neatly route his cables to improve airflow and make repairs easier

>only beanboys care about better airflow
dude wtf

Attached: shitposting.jpg (335x500, 73K)

>Never fell for the side window meme
>Always perfered windowless
>Lian Li used to make amazing windowless, brushed steel cases
>They now feel to the side window, RGB gaymer shit meme
Such is life.

Attached: 1527907052829.jpg (640x480, 34K)

How is it easier when you have to unroute all of your silly cables and cut cable ties? I don't see any temperature difference either way. I bet you mount your power supply on the bottom of your case.
This is as retarded as the water cooling meme. Cooling your components by 0.1% of a degree isn't noteworthy.

My windowless Define R5 was 10 bux cheaper than the windowed ricer cuck variant so idk

If you already have a bunch of stupid light up glowing shit in your rig and want to sleep better at night, the $200 could be worth it.

Are there any benefits for this kind of layout compared to mobo on the case wall?

Water cooling is 100% a retarded meme, but cramming cables everywhere makes the pc hotter and notably noisier. I started doing a bit of cable management few years ago and I actually found many positive sides. You are just retarded.

Attached: theFeedingTubeOfTheInternet.png (457x500, 59K)

no gpu sag due to heavy as fuck gpu's, though this can also be solved by use of riser cables and not mounting the gpu on the mobo

unironically shilling card raisers

Attached: 1512585483594.jpg (651x768, 96K)

I don't care what it looks like

Okay, but there is never a case where there are cables everywhere. The only ones that can possibly get in the way are from the case fans, SATA power, and maybe from the GPU. So it hardly restricts airflow. I don't think the fan noise is going to bother me over the sound of my hard disks, blu-ray drive, and so on.

I wasn't just mentioned an alternate method of avoiding gpu sag than having a horizontal mounted mobo case

>most new cases don't have any 5.25 bays
>even full towers
going to have slim pickings for cases for my next build

Should I build in an itx case? I need to clear space for my drawing tablet

>2013
>new build
>turning over a new leaf. Was a dude leds lmao zoomer, now going purely performance and subdued looks.
>Fractal Design R4, perfect case. Just a black fucking box
>Newegg: $159.95
>Fractal Design R4 with Plexi Window:
>Newegg: $79.95

Hard decision but I ended up going with the window.

>airflow meme
literally no difference in performance, and this is coming from someone who spent a bit of time getting my cables all neat. Only benefit is that there's fewer places for dust to be trapped, but any retard who thinks that the meager airflow that case fans put out can be hampered by a few cables is fucked in the head.

just switch the side panels around so that the window side is on the other side.

Your GPU does not sag, it is not heavy as fuck, and you have bet mounted it on your motherboard

>right uses more metal material so It costs more
>I live in a country that imposes shitty tariffs on good they don't have
They actually cost about the same in beans

onions

>Your GPU does not sag, it is not heavy as fuck
I never said it did, are you implying that gpu sag is not a thing and that heavy cards dont exist?
>and you have bet mounted it on your motherboard
?

my pc case looks like a black refrigerator. I have been meaning to vinyl wrap it so it looks more like a fridge.

why do you put your computer on the floor? do you not have any furniture?

I literally bought a windowed case and put frosted window film on it because it was cheaper than the no-windows case that was supposed to be 20 dollars cheaper.

>all aluminum is the same
you heard it here first

>treating your gaymurr shamebox like it's some kind of shrine to be celebrated, mounted on top of your desk.

Genuinely speechless. Plus what if your desk is small and you don't want to take up more room with a silly PC case?

why do so many small form cases look like plastic trash? I want to do a micro or mini ITX build next, and the only case I liked got discontinued.

Attached: 1533335981506.png (512x549, 314K)

So why can't I modify an old full-tower case and use that instead of buying a modern tower? Like, add mountings for the new motherboard type/just weld the panel from the new one to the old one and custom make some frames to hold SSDs?

>makes you reconsider your case purchase
Heh, nothin' personnel, kid.

Attached: cmscout2.jpg (565x522, 66K)

Nobody does that because it's too difficult

> implying the aluminum is tempered
> implying anybody uses 7075

The SilverStone ones look pretty great.

You need to shear some bulk tumor from your brain

Its sheer, dum dum

My Fractal R5 with no window cost me $125. It was $5 cheaper than the windowed version. It's my server case. My Fractal R6 with no window cost me $150 vs the $130 of the other cases (both windowed and not) because mine is the blackout edition which is apparently in high enough demand to be out of stock.

If you want real memes, look at the faggots should will spend $250 on a case with tempered glass sides, top, and back so they can show off their extra $200 worth of RGB capable fans hooked to a $40 RGB controller. Their RGB RAM, RGB video card, RGB CPU cooler, and apparently RGB SSDs exist now too. So their case can only hold 2 drives, and has terrible thermals, and has no 5.25" bay, who cares right? All about the "aesthetics". These are the same people who will under buy on their actual hardware so they can afford all the shiny lights.

Since when did seeking validation from anonymous people on an indian tech support, with regards to your purchasing decisions, become masculine. However, buying what you'd actually like become söy?

keyword there is mindlessly. no side panel window is objectively better. people buy the better product, instead of spurging on some niche alternative so they don"t get id as some betacuck sauceboi

I just buy whatever does what I want. I've had cases with windows, without, etc.

No you don't. You just larp on Jow Forums all day with your memepad

me like window rgb

nice fucking trips, the only good riser is a shielded riser

>me like rgb

Attached: 1530051226815.jpg (1440x1557, 153K)

no u

I plan on only buying one more case before I die and I thought it should be a nice one.

Put your monitor on it then

Fuck off I do what I want

Actual top tier form factor. Nothing else comes close.

FTFY

Attached: 1530933846954.png (915x500, 54K)

window-less cases are more expensive now though

>I fell for the side window meme
contacted phanteks and they are willing to sell me a solid side panel.
My enthoo pro case looks timeless when covered up.
pic related.

Attached: 413Njr1EQ4L._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 11K)

My first build had a window. Then I realised I was shit at cable management and like to have HDDs hanging about all over the place. Nobody wants to see that shit including me. So I always got windowless cases thereafter.

Fixed again to the actual situation

Attached: asasasasss.png (915x500, 55K)

>and the only case I liked got discontinued
Then buy it used, dumbass.

Does this have fans in front?
I'd be sold if they have cube cases like that, that's alot of airflow

what is even the benefit here?
that you have a harder time permanently marking the glass?

acrylic gets scratched to shit really easily

The windowless phanteks enthoo pro is regularly cheaper than the window version

If you're clumsy child. Fingerprints hide better on acrylic too.

>side window on computer
>not child
time to choose

Why people ever buy new cases? I just use the same tower since I first bought pc.

You've got your memes confused. The numale would love the window, the patrician Jow Forums user would pay extra to not have the monstrosity.

I wondered that too until I found a case I like. Any case will do but why not get something better if you can?

Why is this so hard to make nowadays ?

Attached: Case.png (1200x900, 13K)

Ok.

Attached: 1535585094221.png (900x500, 81K)

>owning a desktop

Fucking soilads

I have this case, it's shit :(

core 1000

Yeah, the entire define series is pretty frickin good

Puts most other manufacturers to shame

Peter would be proud

Attached: 683px-Peter-molyneux-at-university-of-southampton.jpg (683x899, 88K)

If it supports ATX doesn't it also support mATX and ITX?

>sound dampening foam
where can i find a case with this?

Windowless is better
Fuck, where can i get a case that just looks like a black brick? Like a monolith from the 2001 film with usb ports? I want my computer to look like a functional piece of brutalist architecture or something, not an RGB spaceship meme for babies with zero style

>reusable expansion covers
for what purpose? no memeing.

virgin acrylic:
>get's scratches if you look at it the wrong way
>get's even more scratches when you try to clean it
>doesn't give a shit about fingerprints
>lighter and cheap
>all cheap cases have fuzzy acrylic that looks like shit
>not easy to break and can flex

tempered glass:
>scratches? what is that?
>easy to clean
>fingerprints magnet
>heavier and more expensive
>no fuzz even on cheap cases
>easy to break (drop that panel once and you're done) and no flex

How do people play/watch movies on their RGB riced desktops and are not distracted by constantly changing lights from their pocket carnival fair?

>window
>LEDs

Attached: 1507330540607.jpg (660x546, 326K)

Is there even a single case where the windowless version is more expensive?

any real-world example?
right
didn't think so