Audio

If I have a ton of flac archived but I want to copy the collection to my own streaming service should I convert to mp3 or vorbis? pic semi-related

Attached: 1525514307621.jpg (700x403, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unix.stackexchange.com/questions/77687/how-do-i-convert-flac-files-to-aac-preferrably-vbr-320k
trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/AAC
git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=d9791a8656b5580756d5b7ecc315057e8cd4255e
youtube.com/watch?v=jaPMGElT3uU
trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Centos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

convert to aac

this, the better mp3

any reason specifically? I don't know much about the different codecs

assuming you'll be listening to it on your phone, do you have an Android or an iPhone?

Will you be using bluetooth headphones at all?

What service are you using? I'd recommend either making 2 directories(flac, and than 256k vbr mp3, for high compatibility) or just keep it all flac and use Plex to transcode on the fly(and set it up to transcode what's best for platform. It's smart enough to know an iPhone or apple tv would use a different codec than a windows 10 PC or android phone)

I say keep flac because in places where there's no limited bandwidth, it'll be good to have full access. Plus HDD space is nothing so why not keep an extra 200gb section of HDD for lossless.

Send me some good songs papi

it's better quality and takes up less storage space per file

its an in browser player so I wouldn't be using a phone. I have an android which I could also set up a plex server for I suppose like when I'm traveling. I didn't plan to get rid of the flac files, just to convert and store someplace else for the server.
converting to aac seems like a pain in the ass from the 10 minutes i spent researching.

>tfw Miku is a normie who's awake by 10am

Attached: Hatsune.Miku.full.123685.jpg (1000x770, 457K)

>converting to aac seems like a pain in the ass from the 10 minutes i spent researching.
How could it be harder? It's literally just a different codec.
>she will never surprise you with breakfast

isnt it closed source? you need to compile ffmpeg yourself or something
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/77687/how-do-i-convert-flac-files-to-aac-preferrably-vbr-320k

opus for lossy
everything else is shit

this

>having a sleeping schedule
Fuck off, normie

i want to fug migu

You need to compile ffmpeg yourself, if you want the Frauenhofer AAC encoder. ffmpeg has an internal one though. In the past it produced a lower quality output than Frauenhofer's encoder, but ffmpeg devs claim that its quality is now on par.
trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/AAC
git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=d9791a8656b5580756d5b7ecc315057e8cd4255e

Vorbis or Opus if your device supports it. MP3 is incredibly inefficient and both Vorbis and Opus are also free and open formats. youtube.com/watch?v=jaPMGElT3uU

is it worth it to compile yourself in your opinion?

i want to nakadashi miku

miku is not for s*x....

>ffmpeg
Just throw it all into Foobar. You need to extract and install coreaudiotoolbox from the iTunes installer, but that's not hard.

Just use libresonic which transcodes on the fly. A modern browser and OS like Win 10 and Edge will just play FLAC natively tho

thanks I'll look into that
yes but flac is not ideal for streaming over the internet
>libresonic
basically a better version of my service, i like my design better though lol

opus

Not really. My experience with their internal aac encoder (or aac encoders in general) is limited, but not bad.
General speaking it's a lot of effort to compile ffmpeg with as many codecs as most pre-builds offer.
This is the compilation guide for RedHat/CentOS/Fedora trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Centos . It involves a ton of work to get everything working (not to mention the time needed to compile) and in the end it offers only about 1/10 of the codecs that the repo version provides.

check your inbox :^)

enjoy your depression, inability to focus and absorb information well, etc.
t. I don't have a sleep schedule either ;-;

The latest meme is opus. Though it's not that much better than mp3 which is infinitely more supported.

Miku is CUTE.

>tfw mods delete miku's pussy but leave 20 straight up spam, bait, and tech support threads