Why don't you use Dvorak?

Why don't you use Dvorak?

Attached: QWERTY-vs-Dvorak.png (1366x768, 439K)

Querty looks more evenly spaced according to that

cos every keyboard is qwerty

I'm not retarded nor autistic

Attached: Ash_Runner_Art.png (300x225, 98K)

because i'm not a contrarian autist

laziness

Because I use Colemak

because laptops don't have a dvorak option and i don't type all that much at home

because i want to be able to use keyboards that aren't just my own

based and redpilled

>laptops don't have a dvorak option
wot

le ebin bait
Now look what happens
>where can I find a dvorak kb for a laptop
>AAHHAH YOU DON'T NEED TO LOOK AT KB GO BACK TO /v/
fucking cunt

Attached: 06a.jpg (200x198, 5K)

That's the opposite of what you want.

i didn't learn to touch type until I was 20. Hell if I am going to go through the hell of forcing myself to learn how to touch type again.

The lazy but no balls to admit it excuse

I use too many shortcuts which compounds the difficulty of switching.

just script again every shortcut :^)

>left hand still defaults to WASD

not what I was talking about
just swap the keys

What the fuck? Your index fingers should be at F and J, with your other fingers on the home row. Where did you get WASD from, your fingers can't even rest there comfortably.

Too lazy to learn another keyboard layout

Have you SEEN where the WASD keys are?? How am I gonna play Fortnite???

I type with QWERTY already at 90+ wpm.
Is DVORAK going to double my speed? Of course not. Even if it increased my speed to 110+ wpm it wouldn't be worth the opportunity cost of learning.

Because I'm used to QWERTY since i have memory

Because being used to a different layout than my phone keyboard and everyone else's computers doesn't sound pleasurable

This is all placebo bullshit that does nothing for speed, comfort or risk of RSI.

Attached: file.png (780x260, 39K)

Too many gaymes as a kid

Why even use ascii when EBCDIC is superior?

/Thread

Because it's a pain in the ass for non English speakers.

I do
Used Qwerty after shitty Azerty too.

Use the M-type layout you idiots.

Neck yourself weeb.

First of all, Colemak is superior. Second of all, I dropped Colemak after realising it made Vim very difficult.

Not before I become a wizard.

Colemak is not better in any way. Dvorak maximises use of the home row, which is the most important part of a keyboard layout. You're just a hipster.

because I'm ABC Master Race

Attached: 41M2u+9NNdL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 13K)

Sorry but you're wrong on a number of accounts. Colemak places more frequently used keys on the homerow, and the most frequent of those in the home position. The next most frequent keys it positions in the easiest to reach positions, unlike Dvorak (L & R for instance). The layout taken as a whole is more balanced too.

Attached: 6554340969_bb2d63372d_b.jpg (724x1024, 223K)

Because none of the meme layouts support my language.

Colemak is like a keyboard for one handed freakazoids. Your idea only works with Americans who can't spell properly, thus under using the letter U. You should be evenly spreading out typing on your left and right hands to maximise efficiency. But Colemak stays on the right side far too much.

Because I'm not a goblino

the site that generates those heatmaps allows for user generated input which can unfairly skew the results, I generated my own using the entirety of the moby dick novel and the r issue isn't a big issue which shouldn't be surprising as it's only just in the top 10 of the most frequently used letters, with just 6% relative frequency
while you're singing the praises of colemak it should also be mentioned that it comes with some *huge* issues, namely that it has a large amount of lateral movement - th and he are the two most commonly used bigrams in the english language and both of them require a lateral movement of the right index finger, which has led to some extremely common mods to colemak (like the dh mod) and spawned even better layouts like workman
you could also make the case that u and i are in the wrong positions for dvorak and that would be true but it's no way as severe as the h position on colemak
the position of l and r on dvorak isn't a mistake either, it may seem nice to have them on common fingers or the home row like they are in colemak but that just leads to your index fingers doing everything - hnl make up nearly 18% of the total letter frequency and they're all on one finger in colemak that also requires a lot of lateral movement, it's a shit problem for a fairly modern layout that has had a chance to correct it but neglected to

tl;dr colemak is mostly fine but it's only an important layout for all the other layouts it spawned (like workman) and it certainly isn't deprecating dvorak any time soon
t. qwerty poster

Attached: dick.png (2801x1496, 939K)

Very informative, thank you

Too much trouble with vim.

I used dvorak for like a year then switched back to qwerty
AMA

Because OCD Autism and also suck my fat nuts

Boxers or briefs?

Only on my phone

Attached: Screenshot_Clover_20180830-131142.png (720x1280, 220K)

I have one machine on which I use it. It's pointless to learn really because nobody uses it practically. So anyone wanting to use your pc won't be able to type on it, and you only knowing Dvorak wouldn't be able to use other peoples' machines.

Because I learned qwerty when I learned to type.