GPU - Nvidia - Prices

>cheapest 1080 Ti on EVGA's USA site: $649
>cheapest 1080 Ti on EVGA's EU site: €700

And yet reports claim that Nvidia made a surplus of 10-series cards that they dumped on their partners (in return for getting sufficient 20-series stocks on time).

Why the fuck are the prices still so garbage if they have a surplus of 10-series cards that they need to dump for the 20-series?

Attached: 1515987467798.png (396x292, 7K)

The surplus was bought up by large mining corps.

Because the 2000 series cost even more than that but won't see much of a performance bump, so people are still content to pay almost-MSRP for these old cards, especially since the effects of cryptoniggers and RAM price fixing have diminished.

stop making shit up, fagget.

>the 2000 series cost even more than
the extra high prices of the 20 series is actually because of the fact that they are trying to sell the remainder of the 10 series. They jacked up 20-series prices to not compete with the 10-series directly.

>buying nvidia
lol

Because if they sold their excess stock cheap, noone would buy their new overpriced cards..

1. stop being poor
2. dumb waitfag I enjoyed my 1080ti for over a year for the same price as today.
3. nvidia is essentially scamming retards buying the outdated 10 series and scamming retards buying the 20 series even more.
could've just lowered 10 series prices. could have.

The 1000 series is not getting cheaper because there's no competing products at a better price point. Why sell 1000 cards cheap when there's no reason to? On top of that they can sell the 2000 series for even more. People really get to feel how it's like when AMD is out of the game. Thank fuck nobody bought their garbage. competition is bad.

Attached: 928m.jpg (1024x768, 52K)

nobody bought AMD cards when they offered the superior performance, the mindshare is real

dont blame AMD for saying fuck it

does that include tax?

i bought AMD because it was better performance at my price point but the worse software support still has me regretting it.

Miners bought all the Vega cards.
[spoiler]I have 32 vega 56[/spoiler]

fuck AMD, I bought a new AMD gpu last year (rx 580) and it would just spin its dumbass fans but not display anything. Returned it and got a new one of the same type and still didnt work so just got an nvidia 1070 which worked straight out of the box

>he believes in the myth of greater stock leading to lower prices
people are willing to pay and that's why it is that expensive how can you retards not understand this simple principle

>have comfy 980 Ti I got near launch doing everything I need
>still waitin' until after this 20xx nonsense (hopefully for something from AMD given how shit Nvidia is going, although I won't hold my breath)
Feels great laughing at people who 'need' a new GPU and have to get fucked.

It's the same thing fot everything tech related you buy in yurop.

dumb Eurostanis.
US price is without tax.
In EU price includes anything from 18% to 27% VAT depending on which particular shithole the product is being sold in.

It is still more expensive and a rip off, and unless you live in a shit hole amongst shit holes in the EU, you can bet that you'll get the 27%.

>And yet reports claim that Nvidia made a surplus of 10-series cards that they dumped on their partners (in return for getting sufficient 20-series stocks on time).

no what happened is that many asian partners dropped them back because no one was buying them for mining and nvidia forced the aibs to buy them back thats why you see the weird results of nvidia having an abnormal Q2 after 9 years....

>reports claim
It's in the financial reports.
Nvidia made $100mil-$300mil worth of extra Pascal GPUs.

That $170 right there is the price of your "free" healthcare and education

Just buy it you fucking goy.

Attached: 1200px-Jen-Hsun_Huang_Headshot_(15313247387).jpg (1200x800, 101K)

649*1.25 (average VAT) = 811.25$
The price is quite similar to the US one you retarded monkey

The resurgence of scurvy and ever increasing new born death rate is the price of your "private" healthcare and education.

I wasn't the one crying about the prices though. Also I'm not an american

I wasn't crying about you crying about pricings, also i'm american.

no that's because of our freedom to choose not to get vaccinated and to give birth naturally, freedoms that nanny states don't have. this allows more natural selection to take place, weeding out the retarded anti-vaxxers and whatever kind of weird fucks want to give birth naturally, making our nation's people stronger.

>OP starts kvetching about prices
>sounds an awful lot like the retards who shit up boards with mutt memes and how europe is so great because of "free" healthcare
>point out the price difference is one of the things that makes that seemingly free healthcare possible
>be eurofag living in aus
>actually have a job unlike the majority of posters on this site
>sick of giving 40% of my salary to (((them))) for mediocre healthcare that doesn't cover shit, just so abos and poos can sit and home and play video games
Not sure where scurvy and newborn deaths fit in.

Germany, the country with the highest GDP in Europe, has it at 19%.

>could've just lowered 10 series prices. could have.
We are talking about jewidia here.

>Why the fuck are the prices still so garbage if they have a surplus of 10-series cards that they need to dump for the 20-series?
Because if they perform exactly the same as the 1000's in DX11 (the benchmarks we AREN'T seeing), then Nvidia has just sabotaged their brand-new launch because the giant amount of people who won't move to Windows 10 for raytracing bought a cheap 1080ti in a firesale

Why the fuck would Nvidia discount their last gen weeks before a new launch? Just because they have a surplus doesn't mean they'll rush to sell, especially since this surplus exists because they made a dumbass bet on mining, and will still justify mining premiums because you can still make a trickle profit off of solo mining. A lot of people are on ancient cards still, and at this point, would easily settle for a budget 1080 instead of a $600 "entry-level" RTX card. MAYBE once RTX stock is gone, they'll do something with those cards, but if you're waiting for a blowout sale on Pascal and co., stop

>could've just lowered 10 series prices.
they could have. But then the retail stores wouldn't be able to price gouge you. Nvidia sells everything same price.

>In EU price includes anything from 18% to 27% VAT d
don't forget they have to import shit. everything is cheaper in America because they are the producers of the tech.

So it's really trade tariffs aswell as transport costs that fuck shit up for everyone other than American's

Sure, Nvidia has a surplus of chips, but which manufacturer will take those chips, buy the ram and other components and turn them into actual cards?

The only one doing anything remotely close to that out of the AMG group is MSI and their neutered OCV/Aero cards but faggots don't like single fan cards and want that big ass xbox hueg card and RGB faggotry.

There are also Galax, Inno3D, Zotac and then there are chink brands like Maxsun and Colorful, which all have cards much cheaper than AMG (Asus, MSI Gigabyte) but you faggots only want AMG or EVGA cards.

>faggots don't like single fan cards and want that big ass xbox hueg card
you make this sound bad.
Single fans are shit so are small form factors.

Vega has superior performance over Pascal cards? JUST

I only buy Asus/Strix cards, the rest are junk
MSI is alright though. Just the Gaming X ones.

Why wouldn't it?

Nigger, you didn't even update your bios.

you know thats not even the problem..

back then nvidia was even more inferior at 5xxx cards time when they had to cheat on 3d mark
even then no one was buying ati at all

>Not getting cheaper
Bruh i bought a new 1080 direct from evga this week for $365
They are getting cheaper and will continue to leak out through sales and promos, check price trends for literally any gpu

>It's in the financial reports.
>Nvidia made $100mil-$300mil worth of extra Pascal GPUs.
see:
>because no one was buying them for mining and nvidia forced the aibs to buy them back

1000 US dollars are like 1300 € here
which is probably like 1600 $ for a 2080 ti
welcome to europe

Attached: nvidia.jpg (1024x785, 501K)

>1000 US dollars are like 1300 € here
Are you retarded? RTX 2080 Ti:
US without tax: 1199 Dollars
EU with tax: 1249 Euros

there was a flash sale for about 540 about a week ago and there continue to be sales, all fucking stores base all their shit on faggot flash sales now it's bullshit

>We are talking about jewidia here.
nYiddia sounds better

NJudea

Because prices in Unitinu of america seldom do? Because prices look cheaper that way, and then when you go to checkout, it applies tax for whatever state you happen to sit in, and suddenly it's not so cheap anymore?

Attached: unitinu.jpg (500x500, 67K)

american prices almost never include tax.

Christ, the kikes really have you by the balls over there, don't they?

Sitting comfy 6 years with gtx 670 - it runs all I need. I laugh at retards wasting money on 1080ti and playing minecraft, csgo, dota2

>by the balls
no just by the foreskin

In this case though that doesn't make any sense. $649 plus tax would be around $700, which is still way less that 700 yuros

same sort of feel here with a 960 doing 1080p@60hz. the upgrade jew is starting take hold though.

The point of that tax-exclusive pricing obfuscates the true cost of goods and hinders consumers attempting control their spending.

only retards who live in dipshit states that don't steal enough money from their populace demand tax on online orders

Attached: tax.jpg (685x654, 81K)

>California
>Not stealing enough money
Nigga they're just greedy
And idk what the fuck Mississippi is thinking
I already pay a 6% income and 7% sales tax here, why bleed me more

Motherboard bios update...

The EVGA SC2 was cheaper last week at $599. Waiting for my order

I bought a used 1070 for 150 bucks. It works great so far.

>Why the fuck are the prices still so garbage
Check eBay or other sites. Just bought a no-box brand new 1080 for $348 during a sale, and apparently you can get a 1080 b-stock from EVGA for ~$299.

Thank you based miners I guess?

Attached: 1080 ebay.jpg (735x1117, 242K)

WA is really inconsistent on this shit. Feel like half of the purchases I make online are taxed, and it's not just the old 'we have a location in your state and are compliant to local tax laws' routine. The good news is that if I have any sort of huge purchase I need to make (except a car, they're wise to this,) I just take a trip down to Portland. Assuming, of course, I can't find a seller on eBay or Amazon's marketplace that won't charge tax. Sales tax evasion has become something of a game to me.

I paid 350 euros for a 970. Fuck you and fuck nvidia.

>europe

Attached: 1506188346147.gif (245x168, 795K)