Need help... Geforce 1050ti

Hi, i bought a graphic cards for upgrade my pc (Geforce Gtx 1050ti)
here my spec :
Geforce gt730
Intel Hd grphics 530
8go Ram
intel core i7 6700

And my mother board is "Hp 805f" with pci express

I would like to know if my new graphics card can fit in my motherboard

Attached: LD0003986789_2.jpg (1600x1600, 370K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/products/N82E16817151095
jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=436
hardocp.com/article/2015/02/19/evga_430w_power_supply_review/
m.newegg.com/products/N82E16817151095
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151095
jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=190
hardocp.com/article/2007/07/17/seasonic_s12ii500_power_supply_review/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We can't help you that you're an idiot who buys low end GPUs.

I don't understand the question. If you're asking whether your motherboard has a slot for the card, yes, the same one you were using. That leaves the card physically fitting into the case and power as potential issues. If you bought that specific model of 1050 Ti pictured, it requires a 6-pin PCIe power cable from your PSU connected to it. Your prebuilt may or may not have one of those, so you'll have to check. There are plenty of other models of 1050 Ti that don't require one and are powered from the PCIe slot alone.

Okay, thank you first, and if i don't have those cables i can buy it and connect it to my psu ?

No. It'll either have it or not. The connector looks like pic related. Check for it at the end of any loose cables coming from your PSU. If you don't have one, your options are either returning the card and buying a different model of 1050 Ti that doesn't need one, or buying a new PSU.

Attached: c (2).jpg (600x600, 107K)

The card may come with 2x 4pin molex to 6pin pci-e cable. This may or may not work (if it doesn't work your system will be unstable, shut off, or stop turning on because dead PSU).

You may also not be able to replace the PSU with a regular one if the case is some small form factor bullshit.

Is it harder to install a new PSU or Buying a new graphic card that will fit in my pc ?
And, if i try to on my computer without connecting my garphic card to psu will it be bad ?

Just buying a different 1050 Ti would be the easiest option, but upgrading your PSU would hardly be a bad idea. If it doesn't even have a 6-pin PCIe power cable, it's probably complete shit. It does depend on your case form factor though, like the other user said. You'd need to check that a standard ATX PSU will fit in there.

As for turning it on without the cable connected, it likely just won't boot. It won't hurt anything though.

It's because i cant return it, so i'll certainly have to buy a new psu

Three things to check:
>Will it fit in your case?
Find the top PCIe slot in your case. Measure the distance from the screw in the bracket to the first obstacle that would block the back end of the card. Also measure the vertical distance from the slot to the case door. Check those against the dimensions listed in the specs for your GPU. If it doesn't fit, you need to pick a different GPU. The one you posted a picture of has a length of 9.02 inches or 229 mm, and a height of 5.16 inches or 131 mm.
>Does your PSU have an unused 6-pin connector available?
If it doesn't you need to look for either a GPU that doesn't have a power connector, or a better PSU. I would get a better PSU though, since if yours doesn't have the connector it probably isn't very good and/or won't provide enough power to run it stably anyway.
>Does your PSU have enough watts?
That GPU recommends you have at least a 300 W PSU in the PC. It wouldn't hurt to go a little above that since running a PSU with a bit of headroom is good -- you get less noise and increased lifespan.

If you buy a new PSU, be sure to get a reputable brand like Seasonic, EVGA or Corsair (to name a few), not cheap shit like Diablotek. Cheap PSU go boom and i7-6700 does not like if its 3.3 volt rail becomes 120 volts.

newegg.com/products/N82E16817151095
this'll run basically any single GPU you can throw at it, $40 after rebate

404 m8

>EVGA
>reputable
jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=436
hardocp.com/article/2015/02/19/evga_430w_power_supply_review/
just because their GPUs are good doesn't mean their PSUs are

Attached: Laughing_cars.jpg (502x600, 152K)

thats fuckin weird; just look up Seagate 620w M12II
(its cheaper than the S12II after rebate; only diff is modular cables)

>thats fuckin weird; just look up Seagate 620w M12II
>(its cheaper than the S12II after rebate; only diff is modular cables)

Mobile links need the m.

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16817151095

Desktop links look like this

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151095

Not your fault. Newegg website is pretty silly.

Attached: 1509807899256.jpg (600x562, 46K)

You mean SeaSonic M12II 620? It looks like a good PSU, though there are some rather interesting reviews on the first page.

Thanks. I'll think twice about recommending them then. Do always check reviews to make sure a PSU has lots of good reviews and very few "it went boom and killed the rest of my hardware" reviews.

>Hp 805f"
i dont think your motherboard has a pciex16 2.0

if not, you can get a riser. i have done it before. just fucking try it

Attached: 3645694937.jpg (486x480, 106K)

What are the long black and white things to the right of the CPU? Looks like PCIe x16 to me. If the board can take an i7-6700 I doubt there's less than PCIe 3.0, but even if they're 1.0 the card should work, though transfers may be bottlenecked.

It should still work anyway. Just a bit bottlenecked, but work.

i take it back, i agree. then there is no debate, its just a matter of the power supply. btw the only source i found was russian for this board

Not that guy, but there is a possibility that at the bottom of the mobo, only x2 is actually connected to the rest of the components

>btw the only source i found was russian for this board
Yeah. People don't really care much about OEM boards out of prebuilt PCs. They're almost universally inferior to normal boards, have worse BIOSes, no overclocking, worse support for faster RAM, etc. Also while I like the green or brown PCB aesthetic, most people do not.

Anyway, OP, you want to put your GTX 1050 Ti into the BLACK PCIe x16 slot. It might work in the white slot, but you'll have more certain success and maybe better performance in the black slot.

Yeah. The slots themselves are x16, but that isn't a guarantee that all 16 lanes in it are connected to anything. An i7 6700 only has 16 CPU lanes, so those are probably hardwired to the top black slot. The white slot might have 16 lanes or it might have less and just be sized so you can stuff an x16 card in it, but its lanes probably go through the PCH and are therefore slower than true CPU lanes.

On the other hand, it could be a nice board and route 16 CPU lanes to either slot if only one is in use, or 8 CPU lanes to each if both are used. But it's an HP OEM board so that probably isn't the case.

>bought already
well shit.

refer to and
speaking from experience, if your PC doesn't boot it means you need to replace the PSU. Don't force it to boot because the PSU may already be dead.

What do you expect from the absolute lowest of the low end PSUs? They're all dogshit in that price range. Did you even read the article you linked to?
>I came into this review thinking we finally had something from EVGA that wasn't going to live to see the end of the review. It was so cheap, I thought it was a goner for sure. I was wrong... EVGA apparently has nothing in their entire product line that isn't at least good enough to pass all our load testing. Folks, this is the very bottom of the barrel for EVGA, and I still couldn't kill it. This is the worst performing unit you can buy from them, and it's still good enough to do some real impressive stuff like survive temperatures it's really not supposed to. And how nice is it that they aren't hiding that twenty-five degree rating in the first place? Honesty in a company is a very attractive thing, says I.
>That said, just buy the EVGA 430W. Seriously. Quit your penny pinching, stop being a cheapskate, put out the extra five bucks, and get the much better model. This may not be a gutless wonder, but it's not one I would personally buy. Like all of its similarly priced competition.
JonnyGuru has a very high opinion of EVGA PSUs in general, and their high end models built by Super Flower and Seasonic hold some of the highest scores on the entire site. As long as you just stick to their 80 Plus-rated models, you're perfectly fine. Hell, even the shitty one you linked to would be fine. It didn't die even under extreme testing. It's just not good value when much better ones are $5 more.

>b-but they're all like that at that price!
how big of a fucking muppet can you be
jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=190
hardocp.com/article/2007/07/17/seasonic_s12ii500_power_supply_review/1

He's comparing it to noname chinesium brand shitters that literally have blown up under his load testing. He found the king of the gutless wonders, not an actually good PSU.
Fuckin drooling fanboy

Attached: dunce1.jpg (645x729, 49K)

It will ONLY work if the card is backwards compatible with PCIE 2.0

The idea isn't that it's a top tier PSU. Nobody's saying it's great. He's saying that if you're making a super budget build, you might consider it and should take it rather than the other PSUs in that price range that DO blow up under high load.

there are other PSUs in the price range that are objectively better, and EVGA is willing to play brand shenanigans to gain low end buyers of their penny produced crap

Yes because its essential to see every pore on Geraldos face

I think i should'nt have bought a new graphics card... half of the thing you are talking about is completely new for me, and i'll probably buy a new case and a new psu, and let someone more competent do it

you can do it dontr waste your money payting someone else to do something a monkey can do