Naomi Wu (Chinese tech slut) steps in to defend GPL violations by Chinese manufacturers

Naomi Wu (Chinese tech slut) steps in to defend GPL violations by Chinese manufacturers.

Threatens to get her manufacturing buddies to agree to not post any source code at all unless they are allowed to violate GPL.

REMINDER: CHINKS DON'T CARE ABOUT FREE SOFTWARE

the manufacture in question: hackaday.com/2018/08/27/gpl-violations-cost-creality-a-us-distributor/

Scroll down for meltdown: twitter.com/RealSexyCyborg/

Attached: gers p.png (606x368, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2009/12/microsoft-finally-open-sources-windows-7-tool/
stuff.co.nz/business/industries/100698792/auckland-firm-bfm-stoked-after-defeating-counterfeiters-in-china
mises.org/library/case-against-ip-concise-guide
twitter.com/RealSexyCyborg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

reminder that free software would have been soviet russia's wet dream
commies get the rope

The Chinese aren't even people.

Wrong. You can sell GPL software.

Ironically the GPL depends on a concept of strong property rights that is anathema to collectivist ideologies - it's your software and people can only use it under your terms. So of course you can choose that the terms be "you have to offer the software to everyone else on the same terms as I did".

>people can just decide to not give a fuck about your license and do whatever the fuck they want with your software
>theres absolutely no chance you are going to be able to enforce this on chinaniggers
thats what this thread is about and you still act like putting your hard work on the GPL isn't the most cucked move imaginable

would you really expect any different from the chinese

Reminder that any person with a highly visible online presence in mainland China is guaranteed to have been "convinced" to help the party.

>You can't enforce the GPL-
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2009/12/microsoft-finally-open-sources-windows-7-tool/

When Ford sued a Chinese car manufacturer because they copied and sold the F150 they lost in court in an open and shut case. What fucking chance do you think software has.

I am so over this woman.
When she was just making shit in her spare room it was fine and all, but then she got all obnoxious and political. I suppose it can't really be helped when you get a fan following as the people that follow you can start defining the type of person you are, but she has dealt with it entirely the wrong way and now this shit?
If she wants any sort of credibility anymore she should just delete most of her social media shit and only post about shit she is making instead of responding to barbs from her detractors and shitting on the work of others.

Ford has basically no presence in China.
Companies that make and use this software may be generating China fair amounts of capital. There is a difference and some battles have been won in China against Chinese companies.
stuff.co.nz/business/industries/100698792/auckland-firm-bfm-stoked-after-defeating-counterfeiters-in-china

Free software is a jewish trick to give all your hard work to communists.

> company bitch supports violates licensing agreements over and over again
> gets called out over it
> decides to try get a boycott going
the chinese are pretty disgusting people. they're quite happy to steal from you.. until you call them out on it. once you call them out on their shocking level of ignorance and arrogance, they get mad. they should kill themselves as soon as possible. they can never come up with any great ideas, so they steal them.

you can't enforce it on the chinks

As much as I hate GPL faggotry, I respect their license and use their software legally. Fact is that Chinese don't think they have to follow any law that isn't in China. It's why they let their kids shit on the Vancouver metro and spit in Parisian restaurants. Also, Chinese have this "us vs them" mentality which means that they will always side with a Chinese party in any legal issue.

FACT: If you ever have a problem with a Chinese manufacturer while working in China, the courts will not help you.

It's a fucking shit hole of a country.

Attached: absolutelydisgusting.jpg (600x450, 76K)

>FACT: If you ever have a problem with a Chinese manufacturer while working in China, the courts will not help you.
Not a fact.

These people are ants, they are only capable of stealing.

Attached: 1522924679739.png (671x603, 168K)

I've constantly had to deal with Chinese breaking contract agreements with my company and the courts don't help at all. They're slow, unpredictable, and very biased towards their own peoples. Maybe it's not the case if you're Apple, but we only have a gross revenue of $10M.

stupid STINKY CHINKIES!

dats waycist

GPL doesn't hold up in courts outside of the US and Europe

Get some good Chinese representation.

>t.ching chong

Attached: 1476164586571.jpg (501x585, 58K)

It was too much. We ended up licensing our properties out to a Chinese manufacturer and just releasing control. This is exactly what China wants, to take foreign investment and forcibly spin it into a Chinese venture.

it might suprise you to discover that there are a great many high level businessmen in china that are extreme patriots

>Microsoft confirmed that the tool violates the GPL
>Microsoft used open source code in the tool, but that it also released the tool under a closed source license
>so Redmond decided to rerelease the tool under the GPL
>Redmond decided
>decided
what was that about enforcement?

Give me one reason why I should give a fuck about what this literal attention whore posts on fucking cancerous Twitter.

How the fuck is she significant or influential in any way? She has cobbled together some skimpy dresses with shiny LEDs and she makes her fame by inventing fake drama with fucking VICE, why the fuck is this thread on Jow Forums ?

Do ancaps seriously believe that something you sell for profit can be communist?

>you don't have any rights to your own code if it's running on my machine
freetards are the perfect ancaps

Ancaps don't believe any intellectual property, or copyright laws, or patent laws, or anything of the sort of any kind should exist.

and communists take it one step further saying personal property laws should exist
not so different :)

>Ancaps don't believe any intellectual property, or copyright laws, or patent laws
They do, though. They just don't believe there should be a government enforcing those things, that such things should be explicitly stated in contracts. The right to private property, and by extension, intellectual property, is essential to the ancap ideology.

>what's the difference between personal property and private property?
Read a book, you fucking moron. Collectivists don't disapprove of property rights. We oppose private property, but we're okay with personal property.

Communists doesn't want to abolish private property, they are only saying that the means of production should be owned by the workers.

In other words, the farm that produces vegetables should be owned by the farm workers themselves (aka a commune).

And somehow it always dissolves into "the political elite get the food, the proles get nothing"

>We oppose private property, but we're okay with personal property.
The difference being?

but what about the person who buys the land, builds the farm, and hires the farm workers
shouldn't he be rewarded for adding to society not only a source of food, but also jobs?

I'm not saying that it is infallible. I'm not even saying they are right to believe those things.... But that is what their ideology states, and misrepresenting it is just plain and simple being disingenuous.

i find it endlessly ironic how people project capitalism (or feudalism, slavery) onto communism.

Wow, nice mental gymnastics. There's no difference between "private" and "personal" property.

Nice revisionism, faggot. Countries like the USSR and Cuba went from African-tier shitholes to respectable industrialized countries in no time under communism. Might wanna consider stop getting your historical "facts" from literal Nazis who're still butthurt over the Red Army kicking their butts in WWII.

Personal property = your belongings
Private property = the means of production

>Private property = the means of production
So. communists want to abolish the means of production?

>buys the land
Land can't be owned.
>builds the farm
Workers did that.
>jobs
Demand creates the jobs, not him. Study economics.

lol I can't wait to round up communists

No you're wrong
mises.org/library/case-against-ip-concise-guide
t. Ancap

>and by extension, intellectual property, is essential to the ancap ideology.

There are loads of ancaps who oppose both IP and patents.

Private property is a necessity, but IP and patents are not.

>Land can't be owned
maybe not by you lmao
I would say how about I come barbecue on your lawn and play my music, but I guess you probably live in a studio flat
fucking commies

Why are the FSF drones only ever mad when it's Western companies using their GPL code, but not when it's the Chinese ones?

Really makes you think...

Reminder that all GPL shills are paid by the Chinese government.

Attached: 1517207631469.png (501x585, 10K)

You get what you paid for, faggot.

>Countries like the USSR and Cuba went from African-tier shitholes to respectable industrialized countries in no time under communism.
And countries like Czechoslovakia went from being on par with West Germany to being 20 years behind them.

>(((GPL))) benefiting commies to the detriment of American business
Imagine my shock!

Attached: 1501692902372.png (715x499, 53K)

>Why are the FSF drones only ever mad when it's Western companies using their GPL code, but not when it's the Chinese ones?

But they don't ignore Chinese violations.

West Germany was basically a massive American welfare state, user. I thought you lolbertardians were against state welfare.

based, white, and redpilled.

West Germany was an example, former Czechoslovakia is 20 years behind the entire western Europe despite originally being on par or better. That didn't have to be the case if soviets didn't invade it in 68 and basically froze the entire economy.

When communist blow up a factory, it's because fascist or capitalist hid in them.
When its later rebuilt by the same people that once owned it, the glory of industrialization still goes to the communist government.

You wanna talk about a system ruining a country? Then let's talk about how capitalism ruined Latin America, all of Africa, Polynesia, most of the Middle East and the Caribbean?
Let's talk about the 100 million people who die avoidable deaths every year thanks to capitalism, how about that huh?

Attached: .facebook_1534826620549.jpg (1199x852, 136K)

>fascist or capitalist
Both are the same, user.

>communists!
China is only communist in name. In practice, they are fascist, at least by the western definitions. While they have a large, controlling, authoritarian and violent state just like a communist country, they don't mind private companies making huge profits, growing wealth gaps etc. as long as they don't threaten the party or the Chinese race. The "rascism" is also typically fascist.

This is why they are manufacturing almost everything for us now instead of being a economically irrelevant commie shithole.

>Then let's talk about how capitalism ruined Latin America, all of Africa, Polynesia, most of the Middle East and the Caribbean

>Uncivilized country of shit
>Capitalism* gets involved
>still shit
WHAT A SURPRISE

* = Usually anglo-saxian imperialism, a function of the state, not capitalism

Unnecessarily long comment, but still accurate.

Not sure why this woman thinks anyone listens to her. She has no value as a person outside of those big fake tits of hers.

Fascism would be better than what China has now.
Naturally nobody actually acknowledges the philosophy of Fascism and just attributes it to totalitarian meanies, but I digress.

>Jow Forumstard shit

Reminder, freedom kicked your fascist asses once, we'll do it again.

based and redpilled.

>those digits

*blocks your ironic compliments with my forearms like Bruce Lee*

china is such a shit cunt. fuck china and fuck chinks

When I say this I am using the dictionary definitions, which are quite favorable to communism.

>GPL is communism
According to Yanks, what isn't

She's proven what she is. Now where are her nudes?

consensual and mutually beneficially trade involving official currency, typically with a well established corporation
If the developer here wasn't under pressure to release his software under a free license, and instead copyrighted his hard work, he would be able to block companies he disagrees with from using his code.

>he would be able to block companies he disagrees with from using his code
Wow, telling people what they can and can't do sounds like communism to me

being able to have copyrighted code (i.e. private ownership of the means of production) seems communist to you? odd

> China is only communist in name
compulsive lying this hard. hilarious.

are the means of production owned by workers? no? then it's not communist

This thread jumped the shark quickly and went political rather than stick to what GPL is.

Let's check the commonly used definitions...
>holding of all property in common
>actual ownership being ascribed to the community as a whole or to the state.
Hmm, not quite considering the massive wealth inequality. Even if you change it to means of production.

>marked by centralization of authority under a dictator
Well, a single party with a strong leader, who just recently extended his own term
>a capitalist economy subject to stringent governmental controls,
check
>violent suppression of the opposition
check
>a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
check

>intellectual property isn't valid because no scarcity
Then land and food can't be owned either because they're not scarce. Communists win this round.

I don't get this. Is she really saying that unless that Marlin guy doesn't apologize because he said some people were SJWs the chinese factories won't release their code based on Marlin (which is GPL)?

What an absolute cunt. The guy can say what he wants, if you base your code on Marlin, you must release your code aswell. It has nothing to do with "apologizing"

I can fully understand why he is mad. Heel, I would be mad too if someone just blatantly stole my code

Can you duplicate apples and land in less than a day, with no work nor cost to the current owner of the land or apple?

The biggest surprise I had while in China was how bad a lot of their public services are. You'd think with so much of their population working directly for the state there would be really good public services, but that's not the case at all and there's horror stories from everyone about the healthcare system and transport and so on.

But communism is the opposite of freedom and I don't like communism, and patents are about not being allowed to do what you want and I don't like that, so patents = communism Q.E.D

But it's true

kill all ch*Nkoids

Attached: 1445015056123.jpg (853x543, 56K)

>land and food arent scarce
They have a finite value, thus scarce

>REMINDER: CHINKS DON'T CARE ABOUT FREE SOFTWARE
And neither should you.
Open Source is more than enough.
If it's open you can reimplement it and green the knowledge without making companies reluctant to open their code.

>all these BSD cucks ITT
enjoy sucking corporate dick faggots

If any software licenses hold up, then the GPL should too.

Ancap here, afaik we don't like IP laws since we don't think you can own ideas. you can own property. it derives from the premise of self ownership.
>So what about the ideas you used your time and resources to develop?
point, but what if someone developed a similar or identical idea in parallel? will you use violence (the state) to stop him from monetizing it? it's absurd, and borders, if not crosses completely into, policing thoughts.

preach it brother

Attached: brave gnu world.png (1200x750, 121K)

The ideal communist utopia end stage is very free... and also totally reliant on everyone having guns to uphold their rights

Fuck her. The deal of the GPL is a simple this for that mutual benefit agreement.

Even China gets this idea just fine, they can't hide behind their past experiences with more forced uneven deals in this case.

What's the deal with this chink, as some poster said, It's likely she's been approached by the Party now, considering that some weeks ago she was in some weird drama with VICE, iirc.
I'm sure she's a lesbian or something and the Party knew of this so they made her either work for her or get rekt.
Or maybe she's been working with the CPC all along given the liberty to do mundane shit she has.

Basically this, their government goal is a Han supremacy. Too bad western liberals are so dumb to notice this and instead believe the chinese are a paragon of liberty and virtue. They couldn't be more wrong.

Make friends and help HK/ROC citizens in everything you can, that's a good fight.

Attached: 1508619273594.jpg (4000x2250, 1.71M)

>Dr. Stallman, I'm MSS

she never made anything you tard. her 40+ year old white husband is the engineer and the brains/brawn behind everything she does. shes just the eye candy and formerly the free patreon meal ticket.

>twitter.com/RealSexyCyborg/
wtf, i love gpl now

Attached: wu.jpg (741x1080, 126K)

naomi wu is fucking disgusting anyways

Everything she's made has been well within her proven capabilities.

degeneracy