So I see you're running GNOME

So I see you're running GNOME

Attached: 4.png (1280x720, 691K)

An eggecutive running linux?

ye I know what you're thinking. I mean am eggecutive why am I even running loonix? Well you know what they say, old habbits they die hard

Attached: file.png (764x690, 369K)

That Asuka wallpaper however...
Rei makes better waifu material

Attached: Asuka vs Rei.webm (640x360, 384K)

Based

I swear everytime I hear GNOME I hear someone dunking on it. Does anyone actually like GNOME?

I know what you're thinking I must be running arch with this cartoon girl as my wallpaper

Any script kiddie who uses Kali loves it

Attached: 200.gif (200x200, 900K)

Do you really think that?

Attached: 1535555955065.jpg (1200x675, 345K)

Attached: pic4.jpg (322x328, 64K)

asukafags on suicide watch

based thread, this better be a daily thing
the only people who enjoy GNOME are the people that don't know how to install another DE/WM

It's macOS with Aqua/Quartz you fucking retard

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 10.46.31 PM.jpg (4320x2700, 3.45M)

Fuck off, Kevin

Who?

>Konosuba
>Jetbrains

If you were using Linux with KDE, we could get along

tfw too poor to buy a macbook and i'm stuck with a shitty xiaomi chinkbook

I have Linux with KDE on another laptop, but I use my Mac at school for the battery life and smooth text for programming. I also use it a lot at home when not using my desktop because the high resolution makes everything look nice. Also just started watching Konosuba the other week, took me awhile to finally download it cause I normally just watch dub, but the sub is actually pretty good. IDEA CE is a based Java IDE.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 8.34.55 AM.png (2880x1800, 2.8M)

I'm really glad I went with it tbqh, I saved up some money and sold a few things and then bought a 2016 with Touch Bar refurbished for a decent price from Apple's website.

fuck you hank

I work with Python, so I normally use PyCharm Professional, but I think JetBrains is based all around.

What do you study? Also, what are you finding about Steins Gate 0? I'm not enjoying it very much

Ye, I know whet yet sayin'. I mean 'am executive. Why 'em I even rannin' Linux fer? Well yeh kno' whet 'ey say, Mony a mickle maks a muckle.

I haven't watched passed episode 3 or 4, so I'm a bit behind, I think the dub cycle is already on episode 14 or 15. I use IDEA CE for Java, and Visual Studio Code for everything else. I'm getting my AS in IT as of now, and I've already taken programming classes in C and C++, but I'm taking a Java programming class and a more in depth web development class this semester compared to the web dev class I took in high school.

not who you're talking to but I think steins;gate 0 is pretty cool despite everything negative they say about it. yes, the animation is shit sometimes, the progression seems rushed or slow at times, but I enjoy watching those characters and plot twists in general. what did you not like about it?

You're pigeonholed into using it if you ever do the OSCP. The PWK lab recommended VM runs Gnome.

Nice. I usually use vim, but Jedi (which provides completion for both vim and VS Code) doesn't fully support python 3.6 type hints, which I use a lot, and Pycharm does, so I use it as a glorified text editor (with ideavim, of course). What semester are you in?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's bad (because I honestly don't have any objective parameters for judging anime, and I don't give a shit). I'm just not enjoying it as much as plain Steins;Gate, maybe because I don't like the action scenes, or maybe because I just want more Kurisu.

I'm fully aware my opinion might be shit

Based

Attached: IMG_1420.png (750x1334, 1.92M)

it can be annoying as fuck, but i'd much rather be aware of the things GNOME is bad at and deal with them or accept them, rather than throw my familiarity of it out the window and deal with a new, different set of bullshit design decisions all over again.

you know what they say...

YES. bring back Kurisu. I agree, the anime _is_ shit compared to the original. but the characters and mildly interesting plot makes it just above bearable for me. people say the VN doesn't suck, though I don't have time to put into playing it right now

I prefer KDE regarding some stuff, but I can't deny that things in GNOME jest werks. audio, video, input engine, consistent visuals

I'm thinking about getting into the VN, now that I can play it in my Proton/Linux operating system. Do you know why this week we didn't get a new episode? I hope next week's is good

S;G 0 is shit

no idea. actually I was watching the countdown at kissanime the entire yesterday afternoon, and after it simply vanished and no new episode showed up, I was really confused. I heard the VN is pretty good, and there is a fully animated one coming out soon (but for the original, IIRC), if you have the time and patience, play it
not gonna deny that. I like it though

So i see your running gnome

Attached: 1532866148761.jpg (783x800, 180K)

modern macbooks are complete trash so you aren't really missing anything

the keyboard alone makes it not worth the price

>1337 haxor
>doesn't run i3
This is like Linus not being able to install Debian.

3 fucking years on and I'm still laughing

but hackerman isn't out there to impress anyone, just to do it as quickly as possible
his home desktop also runs on a livebooted kali with mint on his hdd

If PyCharm does what you need, then there's no problem with using it. I dual enrolled a bunch in high school, so I'm not completely sure, I guess attending here as a college student it would be my first, but I attended FL Poly for a year and hated it, so I transferred to my current college and am enjoying it a lot more. For total semesters in college as a college student, this would be my third semester, but it is my first semester as a college student at my current college.

>t. poorfag

btfo

Attached: Screenshot-2018-1-24 EVA4 sim date rpg V1 02.png (1222x888, 326K)

I mainly just want macOS tbqh because Linux kinda blows on laptops but I still want something with a good terminal

>people say the VN doesn't suck
The VN sucks big time faggot.

>I've already taken programming classes in C and C++
>but I'm taking a Java programming class and a more in depth web development class
what a downgrade

absolutely based, and by based I mean basedboy

Aqua a shit

i literally got one for Christmas and it's the most garbage laptop i've ever had, especially, like i said, the keyboard, which is fucking dogshit and literally admitted by Apple to be broken

it's an overpriced piece of shit.

Linux is fine on laptops, though?

Attached: IMG_20171225_092957_HDR.jpg (1781x1369, 536K)

the vn isnt as good as OG steins gate
but its still a good vn worth playing
i didnt like maho at first but i grew to like her. the story is good but you def need to have 100%'d steins gate before playing

S4 confirmed for last season.

That doesn’t mean you fucking have to use it, dipshit.

Fuck off Kevin

Linux on my laptop absolutely kills the battery in comparison to Windows, even with all the recommended shit like tlp

well fuck me then, I need to play 2 VNs now

What kind of fucking shitcode is that buddy? Java 101?

What a shit programme. The whole thing felt like it was written by a 17 year old

Basically, I was on the "GNOME sucks, KDE is the best" train for a while. I was one of the people shilling for KDE and posting memes about the GNOME devs and such. But then I started to think for myself instead of just lapping up all the GNOME hate. I decided to give GNOME a chance. Not try to bend and twist it into my pre-existing ideas of how a UI should be, but try it their way. I started reading up about the GNOME philosophy and history, and about the reasoning behind their different design decisions. Allan Day's blog ("Form and Function") is especially interesting. I found enlightenment.

GNOME is actually great. Yes, it has its issues, but so does KDE and everything else. None of the existing DEs are perfect. But GNOME is honestly the best there is. It's the standard Linux desktop for a reason. What KDE has over it are more features and customization, and better performance. But GNOME has a polished, user-friendly design. It's aesthetic, it's uncluttered, it's easy to understand and operate. They do actual user testing to see what makes sense to users and what works. KDE is a clusterfuck of menus and options all over the god damn place, and no sane defaults. It takes hours of going through all the settings to get it to work right, and even then it still looks ugly.

I've honestly really come to appreciate and respect the GNOME guys for what they do. I still respect KDE as well, but I've switched to GNOME and am enjoying it a lot. It just looks and works great out of the box, or maybe with a couple of extensions to fix things up. It really is a much nicer and more polished experience than KDE.

sometimes i don't understand "linux"

why do major distros ship this slow (as in moving cursor makes fans go whirrrrrrrr), unstable, memory leaking junk beta software as their (flagship) interface under their "stable" releases?

is it because linux is so muh unix philosophy modular that nobody takes responsibility of anything?

Attached: 1532526610206.png (909x1600, 990K)

Plus GNOME has the best Wayland support by far, and is more stable than KDE. KDE is a buggy, crashy mess, and barely functions at all on Wayland.

I do like how KDE follows standards and traditions, and the global/titlebar menu thing. But I also like how GNOME is innovating and isn't afraid to change things up and tell people to fuck off if there's a better way. Headerbars are actually really nice now that I've given them a chance, especially considering that a Unity HUD like feature is still possible with them (see the GNOME Plotinus extension). Firefox can even be styled with headerbars using userChrome.css (pic related), and it looks awesome and fits right in. I love it.

I really don't feel like I'm missing much from KDE to be honest. I thought Dolphin was the best, and the file-tree sidebar was neat, but GNOME Files looks way better aesthetically and has some cool features of its own. GNOME provides an entire suite of software that's all cohesive and integrated with the system in a polished way, whereas KDE is just a mess. I suppose the only real thing is the file picker thumbnails, but it seems like they're finally working on that after all these years. I saw something on the bug tracker about making GNOME Files work as a file picker.

It feels to me like KDE has most of the developers and GNOME has most of the designers. The design, the front end, the user experience, the cohesiveness, the aesthetics, etc. are all so much better on GNOME. But I can't deny that GNOME uses up far too many system resources, and lacks features (like the file picker thumbnail), etc. There is no best. But between the two, I pick GNOME now.

Attached: firefox-gnome-theme.png (1474x394, 119K)

GNOME or Mr Robot?

Mr Robot

GNOME

The first episode set up the scene for a whole world of crazy shit to happen but I think the guy had a superficial understanding of the culture he was describing and ended up creating a kind of GTA version of the world that felt fake

Please, Kevin Parnell, fuck off. I don't want to see this happen to you...

sauce?

It redeems itself pretty hard in Season 3
The WE WUZ LEGION shit gets deconstructed
Season 2 is kind of a slow burn and is jut quiet time for character development

Yeah it's module 1 assignment for my Java class. It was literally just the basics.

Kevin Parnell
I sure this is b8 for someone you h8 or your internet tard name
Otherwise good luck and have fun Kevin

xiaomis notebooks aren't that much cheaper than macbooks ($800 - $1k for xiaomi) you should've just saved up an extra couple hundred retard

And it took you all these time to figure this out?