/spg/ - Smartphone General

Sony XZ3 Edition
gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz3_hands_on-review-1812.php

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: gsmarena_112.jpg (728x455, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/htc_u12_life_unveiled_with_a_unique_dual_finish_design_and_a_3600mah_battery-news-33007.php
mimarket.es/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-6gb-64gb-negro
sunsky-online.com/view/735262/[HK Stock] Xiaomi POCO F1 6GB 64GB.htm
eglobalcentraluk.com/#/product/26352
eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-6gb-64gb-dual-sim-mobile.html
eglobalcentral.com.es/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-dual-sim-4g-6gb-ram-libre-negro.html
alternate.de/Xiaomi/Pocophone-F1-64GB-Handy/html/product/1472614
mix-computer.de/mix/detail.xhtml?articleId=1472614
geekmall.eu/xiaomi-poco-f1-464go-noir-829.html
digitec.ch/en/s1/product/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-618-64gb-dual-sim-12mp-graphite-black-mobile-phones-9423749
skytech.lt/pocophonef164gblue-xiaomi-pocophone-dualsim-618-1080x2246-ips-octacore-4x28ghz-4-p-404698.html
alternate.be/html/product/1472614
alternate.co.uk/html/product/1472614
aliexpress.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-POCOPHONE-F1-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-845-6-18-Screen-LiquidCool-20MP/32917854622.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.3.fcb26ccetKzY8k&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10084_10065_10083_10103_10068_10618_10059_10307_10696_100031,searchweb201603_2,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=f6870fac-4dea-46c7-b685-111de2e294b6-0&algo_pvid=f6870fac-4dea-46c7-b685-111de2e294b6&transAbTest=ae803_1&priceBeautifyAB=0
kimovil.com/en/compare/xiaomi-mi8,xiaomi-pocophone-f1
gsmarena.com/blackberry_announces_the_key2_le__toneddown_key2_version_with_more_color_options-news-33013.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>you just need an AOSP GSI
are GSIs new because of treble?

Literally the most beautiful phone so far.

Attached: Xperia_XZ3_Front_Back_Black.png (1600x899, 1.12M)

As in?
Yes, Treble introduced GSIs.

If the rumors of it going OLED is true the XZ3C might be worth.
At least more than the XZ2C.

>rumours
It was already announced, check the OP

I hook my phone up to my car via Bluetooth to play music. All of my music is on my 128GB MicroSD card and I use Blackplayer EX for music. Randomly Blackplayer will crash, of course stopping the music from playing. This doesn't happen when I move some music to the internal storage and have it play from there. Also my microSD card randomly unmounted and then remounted itself and my phone gave me a heads up about "safely removing storage". This only ever happened once. Does this point to a dying or failing MicroSD card?

Phone is an LG Stylo 4 and car is a 2018 Ford Fusion with Sync3 system of this makes any difference.

Also announced at IFA 2018, the HTC U12 Life

gsmarena.com/htc_u12_life_unveiled_with_a_unique_dual_finish_design_and_a_3600mah_battery-news-33007.php

Attached: HTC-U12-life (1).jpg (1540x880, 204K)

I WANT to love Sony and their design, and the front actually looks decent this time around.
I still can't get over the ugly back, it's absolutely atrocious, and pretty much a deal breaker.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY POCOPHONE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 4WoLbLSC_400x400.jpg (400x400, 22K)

>Hyping a phone no one can buy
Absolute state of Jow Forums, shilling without knowing it

They fucked the launch up as always. Most online retailers don‘t even have stock yet and those who do take around 1-2 weeks to send it out.

is A2 lite really better than A2?

deluded sonyfags are as obnoxious as samshit shills

It's being sold in India, that's the only country its official release is in. Chinese outlets can't even get them, so therefore neither can you.

sigh

>no headphone jack
OH NO NO NO

Chinese and HK people already got them, Global/EU release is today. Nice try, they fucked up royally again and no amount of you shilling for them is going to defend that.

Factually incorrect

What is this? I'm thinking of upgrading a Z2 to a XZ Premium, is it worth it? They go for 250 € here now.

Oh so a hyped device was released today and you can't get one? Ebin.

Did you try to pre-order one?

Spanish site, 299€ in stock
mimarket.es/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-6gb-64gb-negro

From China, 297€ in stock
sunsky-online.com/view/735262/[HK Stock] Xiaomi POCO F1 6GB 64GB.htm

UK site £265.99 in stock
eglobalcentraluk.com/#/product/26352

308.99€, in stock
eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-6gb-64gb-dual-sim-mobile.html

Spanish site, 299.99€ in stock
eglobalcentral.com.es/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-dual-sim-4g-6gb-ram-libre-negro.html

Two Germans sites that have it at 329€
>Delivery between Sat. 08. and Mon. 10. September
alternate.de/Xiaomi/Pocophone-F1-64GB-Handy/html/product/1472614
mix-computer.de/mix/detail.xhtml?articleId=1472614

A French site, 329€
>In pre-order!The expeditions will begin from September 3rd!
geekmall.eu/xiaomi-poco-f1-464go-noir-829.html

Swiss site, pre-order, 379 CHF
digitec.ch/en/s1/product/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-618-64gb-dual-sim-12mp-graphite-black-mobile-phones-9423749

Latvian site, 359€ in stock 03.09.
skytech.lt/pocophonef164gblue-xiaomi-pocophone-dualsim-618-1080x2246-ips-octacore-4x28ghz-4-p-404698.html

Belgian site, 349€
>Expected delivery time: 8 working days
alternate.be/html/product/1472614

UK site, £309
>Delivery between Wed. 12 and Thu. 13 September
alternate.co.uk/html/product/1472614

Leave this board, idiot.

How about no?

>buying from shady literally who sites
>it will probably take like 3 weeks just to arrive
yeah no thanks, I'll wait for amazon

>I'll wait
You do that then.

aliexpress.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-POCOPHONE-F1-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-845-6-18-Screen-LiquidCool-20MP/32917854622.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.3.fcb26ccetKzY8k&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10084_10065_10083_10103_10068_10618_10059_10307_10696_100031,searchweb201603_2,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=f6870fac-4dea-46c7-b685-111de2e294b6-0&algo_pvid=f6870fac-4dea-46c7-b685-111de2e294b6&transAbTest=ae803_1&priceBeautifyAB=0

No. Xperia design went to shit with the XZ2

you will too, retard. None of these sites will send you anything before 2 weeks

Best phone for under €600? No carrier, NL, anything under 6 inches, good battery life (3-4 days without needing to be charged, like my work phone (Galaxy J5)). Pls no chinkphones.

Oh, I'm not planning to buy it. Just pointing out that it's already on sale.

Sony XZ2 Compact

>Pls no chinkphones

Better make your own then without any chinese manufactured parts.

>
Thank you.
I'll buy it this weekend. Really liked the specs and reviews.

I'll be staying in israel for a few years and i could really use some purchase advice please.

It's gotta be rootable.
I mostly use it for reading, chatting and watching twitch streams.
Also, nothing chinese please.

Carrier: Golan.
Budget: 1400₪. That's about a nokia 6.1, but that one's not rootable and also might be overkill. Yes, a 6.1 costs fucking 400$ here.

Thank you!

That's when it was improved.
Stay mad delulu boomerfag, nobody wants box-phones anymore.

>no headphone jack

Yeah, guess sony gained my business and decided it doesn't want it just as quickly. And it just looks ugly as fuck. The xz1 compact is sick, I love this thing with its sharp angles and flat design.

Wonder what I'll do when it shits out. Back to large phones, I guess.

Attached: 1466270879586.jpg (326x245, 9K)

>Latvian site
fuck you for not knowing my country REEEEEE

its just too THICC

if anything, i want a 5" small bezel phone. I know no ones gonna make one but still, a man can dream....

>t. curved bezelless fag
Enjoy your shitty palm rejection and no headphone jack

I had the chance to play around with a Note 9 in a Samsung store and the phone already starts to lag when scrolling a long contact list and Facebook. Fucking hilarious.

I wonder when Samsung will give up with their pointless Samsung Experience bullshit and instead adopt a lighter skin like Sony and Motorola do. It's just so damn frustrating to see such good hardware being crippled with their bad, unoptimized skin.

>5" small bezel phone
Isn't that XZ2 Compact?

Whats wrong with it the?

my Google Pixel XL which I received for free from a nexus 6p replacement broke last night

the battery somehow went bust and google won't do anything about it what should I buy next?

I'm thinking either
>OnePlus 6
>LG G7
>Google Pixel 3/XL
>Next iPhone

Attached: af2[1].png (741x568, 29K)

Oh yeah, confused the .lt and .lv domains. Sorry about that.

keep whining to Google until they send you another phone.

I've already done it twice those jews won't do anything

Fuck Google then. Time to buy an iPhone.

This.

IMDb is no better on any other device, but TouchWiz surely isn't making any app perform faster.

You are wasting money on either of those four. Just pick one at random.

Why can't they make a generic square phone with a flat screen anymore ?

The 18:9 ratio is shit, "edge to edge" display is shit, AMOLED sucks, no headphone jack as far as i know, and what's up with the ugly round corners on the screen?

It's definitely possible to have good aftermarket Android skins with Oxygen OS, Sony and Moto coming to mind. It's just weird to see Samsung completely fucked up in this respect given their considerable resources.

god no. its 12mm thicc, and bezels on it are huge.

Does the CPU matter if the screen is shit (at least compared to my 5 year old phone) and various other qualities are lagging behind my FIVE year old phone. If you're going to be using 3 social media apps, watching videos, and using the internet, do you really need a cpu that can encode 4k videos or shave off .01 seconds on the starting time of an app?

2 of those phones will have OS updates for years. 4 of those phones have much better screens (you something that actually matters) than any chink phone.

>The 18:9 ratio is shit
Doesn't make much of a difference, as display size controls have been implemented into almost all Android skins.
>"edge to edge" display is shit
Gimmick which I too hope gets forgotten sooner rather than later. Rounded display edges as well.
>AMOLED sucks
Hopefully microLED won't.

This jewish trick is thousands of years old. Imagine being retarded enough to fall for it.

I'd go lg since headphone jack.

XZ1 and XZ1 Compact, Nokia 6.1 come to mind

did lg stop fucking up their CPUs? both my g3 and the g4 i got as a replacement died the same way like a month after warranty wore off.

they kill it with updates. Install a custom rom and it'll be like new.

same happened to me for last 3 phones I had that were from htc, samsung and onepus.
FUCKING DISGUSTING

Since this is your great reasoning, there is nothing to stop you from wasting your money. Enjoy your glass backs, edge glare and curved edge gimmicks among other wonderful things totally worth parting with the better part of thousand dollars.

The back looks like an HTC with down syndrome

Holy fuck I'm losing my mind

Substratum was working fine before I fucked around with black/dark, and now I can't get the settings menu to go back to black.

Also can't get the navigation bar to be black or get the tabs to be black

Attached: Screenshot_20180830-094436_Settings.jpg (1440x2960, 427K)

Axon 7 for 320 new with warranty worth it?

Everything else is BLACKED though

Fuck no. It's two years old and they were selling for $199 before they discontinued it.

Is Phone ram a big deal? Is it worth paying an extra $100 to go from 6gb to 8gb like the OnePlus? What kind of people would significantly benefit from more ram?

apple

>cannot ship to australia

Only the iphone is worth $1k. The rest are closer to xiaomi/huawei phone pricing.

>LiquidCool
???

Why exactly is the Pocophone cheaper than the Mi 8? What features is it forgoing?

When will the rounded screen and notch meme will end?

3->6 or even 3->4 is a big deal. 6->8 isn't.

Just get some chinkphone with official LOS support instead. You are wasting money with them anyways. Or get an iPhone instead.

When Apple stop doing it. After they stop all the Chinese manufacturers will stop as well

Semi-false advertising to make it sound cooler. They mean the liquid in the heatpipe that every phone has, not actual liquidcooling.

I fucking hate Apple so much with all these useless gimmicky shit they put out, same goes for samsung with their weird ass screens.

Yeah, after you put on a case curved screen literally doesn't matter anymore

>2013
>Redditors and normies
>I want a PWEEEEMMMIUUUMMM phone
>Didn't buy smartphones with removable backs
>2018
>All Glass
>Phones cost $1000
>PREEEEMMMMIUUUUUUUMMMM PREMIUM PHONNNNNEEEE

Attached: d90[1].png (644x800, 15K)

>All phones look the same now because the normies had to ruin it for us

This is why Jow Forums always discusses a beta uprising

I like their phone better when they have the sharp rectangular design

>Is it worth paying an extra $100
Not for the ram alone. Possibly worth it for the extra storage, considering the OP6 doesn't have a MicroSD slot.

Should I buy a Redmi Note 5? Is the battety life on it any good, because although it's got a 4k mAh battery, it's got a pretty big screen. Also, does it have a good custom ROM culture around it?

>What features is it forgoing
Headphone jack and a MicroSD slot, a bigger battery. Oh wait nvm, it's the opposite.

>Should I buy a Redmi Note 5?
Yes
>Is the battety life on it any good
Yes
>does it have a good custom ROM culture around it?
Yes

kimovil.com/en/compare/xiaomi-mi8,xiaomi-pocophone-f1

>BlackBerry announces the KEY2 LE - toned-down KEY2 version with cool color options

>The starting price for the 32GB storage variant is $399 for the US, €399 for the EU, £349 for the UK and CAD 519 for Canada. The 64GB variant will sell for $449, €429, £399 and CAD 579, respectively.

gsmarena.com/blackberry_announces_the_key2_le__toneddown_key2_version_with_more_color_options-news-33013.php

Attached: key2-le-slate-no-glow.jpg (761x864, 64K)

>Yeah, after you put on a case curved screen literally doesn't matter anymore
Any case drop tests which confirm this? Don't forget glass backs for added durability.
At this point, just go for the Poco F1.

I switched to the Note 9 and this started happening too. Figured it was a Note 9 thing.

>design by Samshit

>still bitching about palm rejection in 2018
are you a fat fuck with massive greasy hands that the screen has trouble differentiating your finger tip from a huge palm?

IPS screen instead of Amoled. That's why the Pocomeme is trash and Jow Forums is retarded for hyping it.

Yeah IPS looks much much worse than AMOled.

What's wrong with IPS?

>still no band 28
*breathes in*