Protects your eyes from harmful blue light

>protects your eyes from harmful blue light

Attached: 1523449548118.jpg (600x400, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/s?k=computer glasses&crid=2XOY7LR3AZ2PF&sprefix=computer&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminosity_function
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_filter
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_blue_light_technology
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

boomer glasses

These actually stopped my headaches
Thanks boomers!

>eyes get damaged by a color
absolute state of humans

It's for eye strain, kid.

>light is bad for light receiving organs.
good job giving them cash for nothing, faggit.

>does the same thing gratis while respecting your freedom

Attached: redshift-icon-256.png (256x256, 44K)

install redshift

you should be lowering the display brightness in that case

Bullshit. If anything, these shitty tools just hurt my eyes even more. The only solution is blue light filtering glasses.

turn down the B on your RGB display, brainlet.
no more bad blue light

>sound is bad for sound receiving organs
Ear plugs are a meme

That would only work for OLED and microLED displays. A completely black screen is still emitting blue light if it's backlit by LEDs.

I don't think you fully understand the concept

OK so you're just here to shill your shitty glasses

Nature has done a shit job on humans, we are still in beta

I think we are supposed to still be stone age right now.

Does the piss filter actually do anything or is blue light inevitable due to how LCD backlighting works?

that's not uvex

>does the same
wrong

>blue light is totally fine

blue light is totally fine

Attached: p-1-5-ways-bloodshot-eyes-1515522329.jpg (480x305, 28K)

>eyes get strained by a color

Where to buy? recommendations?
or must-have features to find a-value-not-chinese-colored-plastic glasses?

>when you try to be smart but just show your ignorance on the subject

>gratis
Dont know why that made me chuckle

Own three pair of those cock suckers but mine actually look like normal glasses and not shooter glasses

Who are you quoting?

Nice zero-content post
>"you're wrong but i'm not gonna explain why!"

>spoonfeed me I'm too retarded

But I like blue. It's my favorite color.

Attached: monkey_tantrum_anim.gif (50x50, 2K)

most if not all current monitors can fix that

Blue light damages eyes, and that includes natural blue light from the sun. Id post the source but Jow Forums thinks its spam so google it yourself
"Blue light excited retinal intercepts cellular signaling"

where to get?

>W10
>press a single button
>blue light fades out

Attached: 1503728271359.jpg (1301x1186, 345K)

>Human spent their whole daily activity time under a huge source of light shifted into blue by our atmosphere for all of our existence
>suddendly it's harmful

Good one, glasses makers

What?

wow, sales must be pretty low for you to stoop this low.

>reduces the blue output of my screen without spending extra money or turn my face into ad-space for stupid memes

Attached: serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hcs.harvard.edu%2F%7Eichthus%2Fwordpress%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F20 (2560x1920, 1.41M)

Attached: night light.jpg (6000x1440, 3.39M)

amazon.com/s?k=computer glasses&crid=2XOY7LR3AZ2PF&sprefix=computer&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_8

Oh wow, I actually didn't know about that.

I always grab yellow safety glasses at work when doing soldering work. They are surprisingly comfy

>I didn't ask for this.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (244x265, 134K)

This, im glad they made this

>harmful
>blue
>light
yes goy just buy the glasses, don't question daylight having blue in it too yet our ancestors doing just fine, just buy them

>daylight having blue in it
That's the key retard. Daylight isn't blue light only.

same, although not necessarily for soldering. Your eyes get really accustomed to them and then when you take them off "normal" looks wrong and way too bright. I do think some of the hype around them is just memeing (ie, pro gamers wearing them at tournaments or on stream), but they definitely do reduce eye strain.

I got glasses with polarised coating. They look quite cool cuz they reflect blue light. Kinda like pic related but in 3D.

Attached: YamazakiGlasses.png (350x400, 76K)

Nor is your monitor unless you like to stare at pictures of #0000ff all day.

sorry that's not how things work

see

Would glasses with antiblue help? I ordered some glasses today and said no to anti reflection and anti blue light stuff because it sounded like a scam.

Well if my ancestors worked in the field all day in bright sunlight and didn't go blind, I'll probably be fine looking at this relatively dim monitor. I'll get eyestrain from focusing on this nearby monitor, but yellow glasses won't help with that. I'll have to look away at far off objects periodically to avoid that.

*sips*
son, you're gonna ruin your eyes staring at that computer screen your whole life

#metoo
I had migranes and this helped a lot, I'm using clear color thou, yellow look too boomer for me.

Your ancestors didn't look straight into sun, though. Also, monitor itself isn't the problem - background light; reflections mess with your eyes. Granted, if you don't use a computer for most part of the day you probably don't need such glasses.

How is clear supposed to block blue light?

My ancestors looked at crops and shit that reflected more light than my monitor produces. A little under half of their visual field was often filled with the sky, which is what color again?

See
There are different types of lenses. They both block blue light though.

Holy shit, did you attend high school? It's called polarizing filter.
What the actual fuck? You're either a middle scooler or a complete fucking retard. Light is being absorbed by earth meaning it's not as intense. Also, doubt your ancestors were focusing their sight at a single point all the time.

Can we use logic for a moment? Glass/plastic/whatever only looks clear if it passes all colors equally. It may block UV, but what use is that when monitors don't emit UV?

>It's called polarizing filter.
Polarizing filters don't block blue light. They block light that is polarized to a different angle than what their filters are oriented to. LCDs already emit polarized light -- some of them vertical, some horizontal. So if you buy a polarizing filter to view your LCD monitor through, you'll either see all the light in which case you've accomplished nothing, or you'll block all of it in which case you'll see nothing. So, placebo.

>Light is being absorbed by earth meaning it's not as intense.
Still brighter than what my monitor emits. If I put my monitor in front of a window and look at it and plants and whatnot outside my window, the reflected light from the plants is brighter than the image on my screen.

>doubt your ancestors were focusing their sight at a single point all the time
They weren't, but what does this have to do with blue light? It has a lot to do with eye strain caused by focusing on a fixed distance for an extended period, but blue light blocking or clear placebo glasses won't do anything about this.

cant i just use f.lux?

>Still brighter than what my monitor emits
The point is that the humans eye (or more specifically the pupils) is not equally sensitive to all lights. The same intensity red light will cause your pupils a whole lot more than the same intensity blue light. When you are looking at light that is blue and doesn't have any additional color in it or only trace amounts, your pupils will open a lot wider than they should be. Pic related is a typical """white""" LED LCD backlight's spectrum. Your eyes will see it as cold white, but that is because it is mostly blue. Now compare this spectrum to the sun's spectrum which is depending on the time of day mostly peaks in the yellow and red. This means that when you look at shitty LEDs, your pupils will not block out a shitload of blue light whereas if you look at sunlight, they will.

Attached: 1514332425802.png (480x289, 10K)

Also look into this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminosity_function

"Seeing" is actually a lot more complicated than most people believe.

> Linux
> Screen gradually adjusts to the time of day
> Doesn't need to press a button

You can also set Windows to do that, but I'd rather not have my colors fucked up without my permission.

Read this to get familiar with how light filtering works.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_filter
Read this to get familiar with how blue light fucks you up.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_blue_light_technology
Artifical lights are more intense which makes them more dangerous. For the love of God, look after yourself and monitor how much time you spend in front of a screen, user.

So adjust the color temperature on your monitor to more of a warm hue, or use f.lux. No, of course it doesn't change the backlight itself, but blue light from the backlight is blocked by the red and green filters, and dimming blue subpixels partially blocks the light through the blue filters.

I never use this but it's there

Attached: winblows.png (880x1543, 82K)

What are you asserting the clear filters in these glasses do? The fact that they don't look dark demonstrates that they don't reduce intensity of light by much. And blocking out some wavelength we see would affect the image seen through them and make them look tinted and not clear. Of course they could be blocking UV, which is great for sunlight, but monitors and LED bulbs don't emit that anyway.

Is there a reverse version of these I can wear when playing Deus Ex HR?

That setting was added in version 1803, and turns on and off suddenly at set times. What f.lux and the setting has in his Linux do is adjust the color temperature gradually as the sun rises and sets.

How does your girlfriend help you with any of that?

Dutch word for free haha

what disgusting ui is this? windows?

Windows 10, as viewed on a meme-DPI screen.

Light can and does reflect from flat surfaces like floor, walls and desk. What those glasses do is filter out that stuff. My glasses also help with the contrast a bit but if your eyes aren't tired after using a computer you don't need glasses.

>phonefags not reading file names

UI is a fucking mess of words

>money

>user are too retarded to spend 5 bucks on amber coated uv saftey glasses that can stop .22lr bullet.

good goys spend 50 bucks minum on chink glasses to 100 dollar for brand name frames, and 50 dollar for each coating.

Yes

So it reduces glare? That's nice, but I thought it was supposed to do something about the hazardous amounts of blue light emitted by the monitor.

they are "clear" if you look at them at certain angle or under light they have a bluish hue, I don't know if they block as much light as yellow ones but they block some of the blue light, and I don't care if it is placebo but I sleep better, my eyes don't feel like shit after spending all day with a shitty laptop under fluorescent light at work and I get less migraines

>$50 bucks minimum
What shithole do you live in? Amazon shows glasses as low as $10

show me an amazon prescription glasses fag. show me were you get a prescription for free

If they blocked any significant amount of blue light, things viewed through them would appear red-orange in tint / have a warmer color temperature. If this is not the case, refer to image.

The pictures of the clear ones on Amazon sure look clear and the stuff through them looks no different. The ones showing a demo with an LED and a detector card are demonstrating that they block UV, which isn't found as much indoors.

Attached: goggles.jpg (448x211, 24K)

>glassesshop.com
>zennioptical.com
>discountglasses.com
>eyebuydirect.com
It's only a google search away.

I guess I was all over with my explanation. Glare which is caused by flickering is the source of the problem. It's the reason for eye strain (for me at least).

>presciption
You don't need a prescription for anti glare/blue light glasses
Did you even see what posts you replied to?
This is from here

Attached: dkhfwbe.png (3542x2040, 1.12M)

I would prefer to remove the source of glare / flicker from my workspace, or adjust my monitor's angle so it doesn't reflect from it. But yeah I could see using anti-glare glasses to work with a laptop on the go.

My monitor has blue light filter built in so I’m fine.

Yeah, the coating is expensive. I'm nearsighted and needed glasses so I got ones with the coating. They do the job.

I wear these kind of glasses when I weed whack outside

>fuck you eyesight
>not needing prescription

Kys

What did he mean by this?

That's still pretty high for some pseudoscience shit.

It unironically stopped my headaches and sore eyes after 8 hours of working in front of monitors.

>still pretty high
Sad