>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
spreadsheet is ded
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: Monoprice_Gaming_TKL_Keyboard_75193.jpg (1144x648, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/di0ib/Misc/tree/master/fml
aliexpress.com/item/Motospeed-CK98-RGB-Mechanical-Keyboard-for-Gaming-Kailh-BOX-Switch/32830262048.html
aliexpress.com/item/Gateron-Shaft-Noppoo-Choc-Mini-84-POM-Black-Keycaps-Wired-Gaming-Keyboard-Red-Black-Blue-Brown
aliexpress.com/item/Keycool-84-mini-mechanical-keyboard-cherry-mx-switch-brown-PBT-keycap-mini84-compact-game-keyboard-detachable
item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=45435851956
item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=524516245109
item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=525158092960
arrow.com/en/products/mx1a-11nn/cherry-americas-llc
aliexpress.com/item/Keycool-84-mini-mechanical-keyboard-cherry-mx-switch-brown-PBT-keycap-mini84-compact-game-keyboard-detachable/32876634360.html
aliexpress.com/item/Gateron-Shaft-Noppoo-Choc-Mini-84-POM-Black-Keycaps-Wired-Gaming-Keyboard-Red-Black-Blue-Brown/32447217479.html
kbdfans.cn/collections/keycaps/products/xda-40v2-dye-sub-keycaps-set
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=&size=2&led=all&capmat=2&capprint=1&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was thinking of getting an ergodox, but I don't like the lack of function keys, is there a keyboard that is just function keys that I can buy or a kit I can assemble that is just function keys?

i've bought a AJAZZ AK33 is it a good one's??

ergodox does have function keys tho

Attached: jsaynotowdles.png (132x208, 70K)

No it doesn't. What it does have is programmable keys, it's possible to program some keys to be function keys but it doesn't have enough keys to have dedicated function keys without giving up something even more valuable.

github.com/di0ib/Misc/tree/master/fml

only supports ml switches unfortunately

Thanks

Who else here fell for the MX klacker meme?

Attached: po20.jpg (395x387, 18K)

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 70K)

Attached: kb18.jpg (2200x1467, 1.24M)

>Pretend to be a "mechanical keyboards enthusiast"
>He doesn't use teletype

Attached: hp.png (132x208, 19K)

I've used a cherry mx blues 110k keyboard n-key rollover and all the fuss for about 1½-2 years now and I finally got a scissor-switch, chiclet-style keyboard mac clone (didn't want to spend that much on a mac official only to regret it), and man, oh, man, is it leagues above.
I mean, Jesus, I used to score 90-95wpm reliably on the blue switches, 105 if I tried really heard, whereas I can score 100-105 easily on this one and 110-115 if I try-hard. I mean, I also make less mistakes.
I guess what you faggots didn't think to ever say is that mechanical keyboards are good for "claw-typists", or people who type like they play the piano: fingers bent, palm lifted, pressing like spikes downwards. Whereas I have more of a "swipe-typist": I swipe my fingers across the keyboard, resting them on the keys, and gently press whenever I need. I'm used to doing this from my laptop, which is where I got the idea from.

So, are you a claw typist or a swipe typist? Question applies for touch typists only, look-n-see fags need not apply.

Attached: 52151200.a4tech-kv-300h.jpg (800x392, 43K)

>I guess what you faggots didn't think to ever say is that mechanical keyboards are good for "claw-typists", or people who type like they play the piano: fingers bent, palm lifted, pressing like spikes downwards. Whereas I have more of a "swipe-typist": I swipe my fingers across the keyboard, resting them on the keys, and gently press whenever I need.
You needed all those words just to say you type like a homosexual...

I'm thinking of getting a WASD TKL. $150, but it's got rubber pads on the bottom. Convince me against

Yeah, but this faggot types @105wpm. I mean, it's not huge, but it's in the top 5% if not better.
It's all that matters in the end.

i cant use anything else than mech because i literally desttroy lesser keebs w/ my crab like appendages

Can somebody help identify this keyboard? I need it

Attached: 60percent.png (1018x534, 822K)

>105wpm is amazing
That's literally the speed your average typists were able to achieve on fucking mechanical typewriters at the end of the 19th century...

FC660m.

they guy has arthritis, he posts here every day because he used to post in this general and now its the only thing going with his life

stop stalking me
i actually have have very mild RSI symptoms from time to time but its under control as long as i dont use unicomp crap or masturbate 10t a day

Rec me a decent mech for $40-50. Can be 10keyless but I don't mind either way. Will be using for office work

120 buckaroonies

Yes, people whose livelihood depended on that. On a second thought, I get paid to write code, so maybe it's not a fair comparison...
The average typing speed nowadays is around 40-50wpm though.

Citation?

I can't find any sources for his claim, but I found for mine.

First, search for "Words per minute" on wikipedia and find this:
>Brandon Raziano found that one study of average computer users in 1997, the average rate for transcription was 33 words per minute, and 19 words per minute for composition.[2] In the same study, when the group was divided into "fast", "moderate", and "slow" groups, the average speeds were 40 wpm, 35 wpm, and 23 wpm, respectively.[3]

Second, search for "Touch typing" on wikipedia and you'll find the following claim, although with no sources:
>Touch type training can improve any individual's typing speed and accuracy dramatically. The accepted average typing speed[8] is 40 WPM (words per minute), and professional career typists can exceed 100 WPM repeatedly and continuously (secretarial, data entry, etc.).

Nothing about the 19th century tho.

Speaking of which, frank mcgurrin was supposedly the first touch typist. He could do up to 90wpm back in 1878. No idea how that compares to other typists at the time or in the years afterwards.

See touch typing

Btw I reported to the previous thread about defective pok3r, and now they're sending me a whole new PCB with new switches just so I don't have to resolder them and also a new case. That's dope

Attached: Adobe_20180829_230223.jpg (800x569, 97K)

Velocifire TKL01 or VM01
you can get a Ducky for about 2/3 the price and the same or better switch selection

Best mechanical keyboard coming through

Attached: 20180827_002048.jpg (2560x1280, 1.06M)

Too big imho

2manykeys4me

>Coiled phone wire
Now that's some patrician design

Oompf

Attached: 29973166865_2c357388e9_k.jpg (2048x1361, 507K)

Have a 40% and want a full size because I need the arrow keys easily available and I miss the numpad. Should I buy a full size keyboard or just get an external numpad and some kind of monster abomination external arrow keys?

>two Windows keys

Hello guys, my first post here, so let's hope this goes well. The Logitech K120 is the best keyboard I have ever tried. It only cost me 8£ brand new. Why is it good you ask? I shall tell you.

Well, first of all: this keyboard is from Logitech, which is undoubtedly the best keyboard manufacturer today.

It is a rather common keyboard, yes; but because it is a Logitech, somehow it doesn't feel cheap. It's like the brand itself makes a crappy keyboard turn into a great one. I don't know, Logitech has always made me feel comfortable with cheaper products.

The keys are superbly well distributed, and your fingers won't touch the surrounding keys like some other ones I've tried. The keys are also not very soft, nor very hard to press down on. You know, this keyboard makes it just right, so that you can actually take advantage of the impulse that the rebounding keys give you.

This keyboard makes you feel like gravity is actually working WITH you, rather that against you.

Another thing I absolutely love about it, is the space bar. It is just the right size, and not too small or too big like on some other crappy keyboards from other manufacturers. The space bar is the most balanced key in the whole keyboard, it sits right at the center, and you can actually use it without looking at the keyboard. I mean, that's just brilliant design.

It's an USB keyboard. This makes it perfect for use with modern computers, and even laptops and netbooks. No more using that old crappy PS/2 port. We're in 2018, people.

I could be here all day, but in the end, I just wanted to share with you my experience with this marvelous piece of peripheral engineering. I recommend this keyboard to anyone.

Attached: 2F6D4A8E-2EB3-43B8-9CA8-A66045A6EE40.png (800x687, 331K)

Attached: craig spegel board.jpg (2400x1600, 588K)

At first I thought it was too big too, but my desk is huge, so it's no big deal.
The only keys I never use are scroll lock, pause, and num lock, but the rest I can't imagine using a computer without them. Especially the numpad.
Indeed, but it's not that great to have stretching on the desk.
Oh you're still here I see. Some things just never change, do they?

Wtf where is the escape?

There is no escape user.

Third best switch type. I can't get behind any row staggered board anymore though.

>membrane keyboard
>calls it mechanical
lol

Leopold FC660C, that particular board pictured is topre switch. They have a cherry mx version aka FC660M.
So you prefer flat keycap and lower switch? Then just get a low profile mechanical keyboard with switches like Kailh Low Profile or Cherry MX low profile.
People use sculptured key

Wild memes.

is there any mechanical equivalent to pic related? I like the form factor and how robust they're made but I'd like something that lasts even longer than these already do

my bad, i'm retarded

Attached: DELL USB KEYBOARD.jpg (500x375, 123K)

sometimes reality becomes memes

nope, that's already the official /mkg/ keyboard. nothing is better then it

Attached: Dell_L100.jpg (1600x740, 141K)

If you really want to be impressed, go have a look at history of telegraph operators.

congratz matey

Attached: 1510412610512.jpg (535x462, 34K)

This has led to people being unable to distinguish memes from reality.

Attached: Capture+_2018-08-30-23-39-39.png (1405x1721, 866K)

Guys please help me out here, are these keyboards just a meme or am I to dumb too understand them?

Attached: 3aj77kedtjd01.jpg (4032x3024, 1.05M)

Why not both? :^)

That cable is sexy as fuck

Just bought this chinkshit:

aliexpress.com/item/Motospeed-CK98-RGB-Mechanical-Keyboard-for-Gaming-Kailh-BOX-Switch/32830262048.html

Why don't you have a Kailh Box keyboard yet, /mkg/?

>Why don't you have a Kailh Box keyboard yet, /mkg/?
But I do.

Attached: IMG_20180704_174336.jpg (3026x1656, 1.19M)

disgusting

Yuck, I'd rather go with a 40% chocolate bar.

I'd rather use something that's actually more comfortable to type on. Whatever floats your boat user.

sexy as fuck

Nice fake news. The model M is a membrane keyboard. You're probably thinking of the model F

Attached: D31701F7-3F18-4792-BF2B-0411BAC9CA45.jpg (1199x781, 226K)

It's not worth the money, you can get something better for the same amount or cheaper

Why aren't you using a real keyboard user to do something productive? Don't tell me you just buy all these overpriced memechanical keyboards to post on an anonymous desi basket weaving forum.

Please show me a real keyboard.
I've had this cheap rubber dome keyboard for years and it's absolutely driving me nuts.

>real keyboard
Teletype keyboard

aliexpress.com/item/Gateron-Shaft-Noppoo-Choc-Mini-84-POM-Black-Keycaps-Wired-Gaming-Keyboard-Red-Black-Blue-Brown
aliexpress.com/item/Keycool-84-mini-mechanical-keyboard-cherry-mx-switch-brown-PBT-keycap-mini84-compact-game-keyboard-detachable

which one /mkg/?

Testing at work. I was tired when I soldered the shift and Y keys. Will fix later'

Attached: IMG_20180830_183859.jpg (1033x808, 481K)

>Poorfag Edition
So, I'm thinking of buying some cherry switches, a 60% pcb and plate and DIYing a case.
How cheap can we get? I don't need any RGB, sound or vibrator bullshit just a functional mechanical keyboard.

this is an example of a real keyboard

Attached: Dell_L100_keyboard.jpg (3264x2448, 1.66M)

>page not found

Do they have that keyboard in 60%?

>tfw 83€ corsair k70 rapidfire

you can get PCB mount gateron switches for as low as 15 cents a switch
item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=45435851956
and a taobao PCB for 15 bucks
item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=524516245109
that means you don't need a mounting plate
A case can be had for 5 bucks
item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=525158092960
and you can just use any old keycaps set you can find for free
This brings the total cost to around 30 bucks for a DIY keyboard

forgot if you want cherry switches you can get them as low as 20 cents a switch here
arrow.com/en/products/mx1a-11nn/cherry-americas-llc

fuck
aliexpress.com/item/Keycool-84-mini-mechanical-keyboard-cherry-mx-switch-brown-PBT-keycap-mini84-compact-game-keyboard-detachable/32876634360.html
aliexpress.com/item/Gateron-Shaft-Noppoo-Choc-Mini-84-POM-Black-Keycaps-Wired-Gaming-Keyboard-Red-Black-Blue-Brown/32447217479.html

those are literally the same keyboards just under different names. So take your pick on which color you like

are they actually? I remember the keycool 84 non-mini being different from the noppoo in some ways

those two models that you linked are the same keyboard. there is a keycool model with programmable back lighting which is different, but the ones you linked are the same keyboard

huh, good to know. are you sure they're the same even quality-wise? are they from the same manufacturer?

Caps?

How long does it usially take for kbdfans take to get here? Thinking about getting these kbdfans.cn/collections/keycaps/products/xda-40v2-dye-sub-keycaps-set

Ice Caps from pmk. Nothing special.

Help an user out.

>Budget
up to $120
>Location (continent at least)
US
>Preferred switch type
Not sure, have been using laptops for most of my computing needs
>Layout + Form Factor
Prefer standard full (non-TKL)
>Backlight
Would appreciate something with color and brightness options - software controllable would be convenient
>Previous/current keyboards
Only a chicklet laptop keyboard up till now - used to slightly stiff keys and not alot of key wobble

Attached: confused anime girl.png (348x342, 167K)

Any of the Ducky keyboards will work
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=&size=2&led=all&capmat=2&capprint=1&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off

I have blue switches, what are the differences again?

Between what? You gotta be more specific user. There are a gorillian switch types out there.

Red I guess? Like I don't understand this at all, why are they different colors, what am I gaining or losing by having blues while Joe has reds?

blues are gay
reds are even gayer
browns are shit
greens are for autists
whites are for retards
pinks are for trannies
silvers are for man-children
greys are for masochist
blacks are top tier
and clears are god tier
that sums it up for cherry at least

The colors are just used to distinguish between the types of switches. MX reds are linear while blues are clicky for example. Just look through haata's force graphs to get an idea.

plot ly/~haata/

Attached: cherry mx.png (1400x500, 82K)

read the keyboard wiki

>those scratchy switches
why do people like cherrys again?

Attached: pic related.jpg (750x750, 60K)

Pretty much all of haata's force graphs are bumpy like that. Some slightly more than others of course.

Attached: ZealPC Zealios R4 67g .png (1706x1211, 97K)

yeah but look at this difference, this is just disgusting

Attached: cherry mx blacks comparison.png (1380x500, 70K)

Now is the mx black on the left the new retooled stem or the ones from just a few years ago?

just bought a topre for $300, will it be worth it guys?

according to haata the stems are retooled, but they weren't the RGB versions which have retooled housings that according to geekhack make it smoother. He's taken down the force curve and will update it with the RGB versions.

How's this?

Attached: Capture.png (997x674, 415K)