Explain how this is being used to trace us

Lots of images the last few days on /pol have been seen having this code.... where are my ITT paneets to help me decipher this Jewish magik

Attached: 1535671004791.png (990x848, 43K)

No faggot, I need tech people you glowy nigger

Attached: 1535544207261.png (888x686, 995K)

Better question is how do I stop this amgload and piguiqproxy shit from breaking this website.

It's not.
Images uploaded from an iOS device will have a GUID filename.

A thread died for this garbage.

Please give details...

Attached: 1535670938765m.jpg (1024x639, 57K)

Kill yourself off, worthless shitstain.

Mad we caught on you tranny kike, ben Moshe foreskinstein

Attached: SmartSelect_20180830-222658_Samsung Internet.jpg (1070x809, 350K)

It isn't. We went over this.

Because iCloud is shared between devices it is possible that files with the same filename could be generated, for example photos, and cause a collision. To prevent this the original filenames are kept in meta data but the filename is replaced with a GUID when the file is synced with iCloud.
All files that have been synced with iCloud will have GUID filenames when uploaded to Jow Forums. If you save a file or take a photo and upload it before a sync takes place then it may have the original filename.

It's funny how this answer, which comes from the apple support boards, was completely ignored by Jow Forums in favor of tracking speculation, which is really stupid as other MUCH LESS OBVIOUS methods could be used.

/thread

Attached: file.png (1313x227, 56K)

why doesn't apple remove and replace with something generic when uploading? it seems kind of dumb that they don't

Don't pretend like all of Jow Forums is the handful of schizo posters like OP. They were told dozens of times.
The fundamental concept of their conspiracy makes literally zero sense to begin with. Any image, if uploaded multiple times with the same filename, could be used to track a poster. It wouldn't have to be an obnoxious generated string. As a tracking mechanism it has more holes than swiss cheese.

Schizo posters aren't taken seriously. They're living spectacles to laugh at.

>was completely ignored by Jow Forums in favor of tracking speculation
thats not a bad thing though
imagine if snowden never existed. people would call YOU Jow Forums

why the fuck would the put it in the file name when they can encode this shit in the bits of the image. fucking pol niggers are so fucking stupid these days. hail twump. white power. fuck liberaltarians.

phone posters

ifaggot phoneposters cianigger'dtfo haha

Attached: 1512882300247.jpg (600x450, 52K)

Goddamn Jow Forums is retarded. The filenames on iOS are generated for use with iCloud. Let's entertain your inane shit momentarily. If the tracking is happening, then the solution is to stop using iShit. So Jow Forums was right again.

Attached: 1535670066571.jpg (547x537, 77K)

>imagine if snowden never existed. people would call YOU Jow Forums
I don't get it.

We should ban Jow Forums. I wonder how the fuck that place attracts so many schizophrenic brainlets, completely devoid of common sense.

>The obsession these people have with a board

I bet you want to fuck a nazi or something.

yup its starting to piss me off anons

it is possible that iphones are starting to rename files when you save a file to the phone. anyone got anymore information on this? this is clearly tracking on someones behalf taking place.

t. oldfag gentoomen

Attached: 1311219722202.gif (936x936, 60K)

fucking bump

niggers of Jow Forums what the fuck is going on

shut the fuck up bitch

Attached: tcpip_punch1.jpg (224x411, 23K)

it was already explained here

this makes sense

thx user

i will try to dissuade the sperglords over on Jow Forums from shitposting Jow Forums up with their idiocy. wish me luck

Attached: 1310538590646.png (526x720, 504K)

>Jow Forumstards discover filenames

Give me your data so I can rape your ass nigger.

Attached: 1778195C-5088-4A06-ABA8-93F5ABAD0C3C.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Why would the base the tracking to filenames when they can add meta info to the pictures?

Jow Forums strips all EXIF metadata, so they would have to do other alterations.
Not that making a few bits worth of changes to the file would affect the appearance at all while providing tracking ability.

It's not pol, more like some autisticly retarded amerimutt who spams this shit

the question is: is the GUID completely randomly generated though?

Yes.

No.

Attached: Capture.png (1241x256, 20K)

Exactly, completely random.

As any generator system, in theory yes, in practice you could trick it.

Time isn't random, user.

It means your shitty board is filled with iphone posters. Now fuck off.

>These fields correspond to those in version 1 and 2 time-based UUIDs, but the same 8-4-4-4-12 representation is used for all UUIDs, even for UUIDs which are constructed differently.
iPhones use version 4 (random) UUIDs.