Hello Jow Forums

Hello Jow Forums

Recently I made the transition from Windows 10 to Ubuntu. Evidently, it's my first instance of running GNU/Unix. I was thinking maybe you know of other distribution that suits better what I can with Windows 10?

Thank you

Attached: ubuntu-logo.png (758x171, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/privacy/basic-level-windows-diagnostic-events-and
neon.kde.org/download
spins.fedoraproject.org/lxde/
lubuntu.me/downloads/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ubuntu is the most like Windows since it spies on you.

>he fell for the loonix meme

Attached: 1509442162487.jpg (720x405, 23K)

It's the most popular kernel in the world.

I don't run Intel processor, so I am pretty sure there is no NSA nor Mossad in my architecture. I am just a little scared that due to Ubuntu's popularity that it is subject to hacking attempts, but I try to avoid paranoia at all cost

What do you use besides Intel?

>I try to avoid paranoia at all cost
Install Windows 10. There's literally been zero evidence of "le spying" besides memes.

debian maybe?
its the foundation of ubuntu, so it should be the same as ubuntu in most aspects, so you can get most benefits of ubuntu while avoiding some bugs and exploits from ubuntu
be careful with drivers though

what about drivers?

You can always set more kernel parameters or run a compile a new kernel based on your hardware, but it is unlikely your hardware won't run with Debian.

they do not provide closed-source drivers by default unlike ubuntu because le free software philosophy, which may cause some hardware doesn't work (especially wifi cards)
you have to enable the non-free repository after the installation to get those drivers

Ubuntu is not free software? I thought the whole point of Unix was to have free societies without monetary technological goals

>Ubuntu is not free software
they are, but their policy towards closed-source and/or commercial software are more lenient than debian, so that users from windows/macos can transit to linux easier

Probably a rare system with a non x86 processor.
That or he is the dumbest faggot to ever hit this forum and actually thinks AMD doesn't have equivalent versions of what Intel has.
>inb4 he is
Sigh

kde offers a more windows like experience, if thats what you mean. Or cinnamon/mint. Both are still based off ubuntu though.

>kde is based off ubuntu
nice one retard

Network traffic? You voluntarily agree to sending hardware diagnostics to Microsoft up to and including keystrokes and mouse movement patterns, which by the way, are almost as identifiable as fingerprints. Oh and the diagnostics CANT BE TURNED OFF.
Cortana has to listen to you actively non stop and for a "hey cortana" to upstream your voice to Microsoft. Oh and your eavesdropper is literally a core component of Windows 10.
Not enough?
Account.microsoft.com/privacy
>Cortana needs to know what you're interested in, what's on your calendar, and who you might want to do things with
>when you use a Microsoft product or service... we save data... about which apps or services you use and how you use them
>collect and saves your browser search history, and any searches on Bing while signed in on that browser.
Hmm what's this
>windows 10 version 1803 Basic telemetry data AKA all the things Microsoft collects about you whether you like it or not because it is core to the OS and also cannot be disabled, in fact, this is the minimum collected about you when you take efforts to stop the spyware
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/privacy/basic-level-windows-diagnostic-events-and

>Recently I made the transition
from m to f ?

neon.kde.org/download
spins.fedoraproject.org/lxde/
lubuntu.me/downloads/

How is GNU/Unix superiour to Win? I ran Win 7 and Win 8. Windows 10 was my greatest tool. Now I am trying this Xubuntu, supposedly better han Ubuntu, and I am not feeling the greatness. In many ways, I felt much greater freedom in Windows 10.

Sorry if this is unpopular opinon. I am maybe not as tech-savvy as many here in Jow Forums

Ubuntu will never be so bloated like Windows, for example

Attached: 1535001393441.jpg (801x603, 228K)

Nice LARP. Just install Gentoo or (the actual answer) openSUSE.

Is Gentoo highly optimizable like Windows NT?

kde is a ubuntu-based distro moron

Attached: what.webm (480x258, 263K)

no, that would be sanders.

is your wording right? if its voluntary then just disagree.

GNU/Unix is monolithic shit and even though server side is okay, running this for normal user is always very monotonous and muss less of a genuine user experience of using operation systems to manage and manipulate data. Intel processor is shit for monolithic processing.

GNU/Unix must be stopped. Windows NT is performing betterr

>Ubuntu
They are actually just memeing Loonix.
Most people use Loonix if only their work require it or hardcore hobbyist.
No one with sane mind would think that linux is an better OS for everyday use.

Attached: 1521961323892.png (852x644, 410K)

They are like google, in which they don't really care about your identity, but they track almost everything you do for data.

What they do with this data? Improve search engines, and perhaps understand the minds of the average person so as to improve the user experience, which in turn benefits them.

ah the distro hopper
desperately to fill the windows void

see you on windows again soon!

reactOS