> there is more spectre/meltdown mitigation on windows 10 than 7

When did you realize your obsession with 7 was misguided? You can trim 10 well with ooshutup10 and antibeacon anyway. Besides, windows was always bloatware. Only clueless children pretend was any different. I had to clean windows from bloatware since version XP.

Attached: file.png (409x190, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328?lang=en
youtube.com/watch?v=gN3vaiYJvRc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328?lang=en

Use free and open software or stay cucked.
Your games run, it's faster and easier to use, it's more secure.
No windows rot, keep the same install for decades.

I upgraded to Linux
>ooshutup10 and antibeacon
aka proprietary extra botnets that give you pseudo security

>Your games run
Now they don't you turbosperg.

I would run everything on the linux kernel, it's just that the userland sucks. Wine sucks, most drivers suck, almost everything sucks on the user space unless you run servers.

Linux would be great if it had software. At this moment the only area that has good software is the server crowd. For anything resembling the desktop it's utter shit. Buggy workarounds like wine, incomplete software that runs like shit, drivers that do half of the features, etc.

Most linux fanbois are clueless idiots that have the delusion windows users don't get linux. I have been using linux since version 2.6, I'm more experienced than almost everyone on Jow Forums on it. And it goes without saying most Windows professional admins are better on linux than linux fanbois that just learned how to use that meme distro arch (debian is better).

Steam
Proton

youtube.com/watch?v=gN3vaiYJvRc

>drivers that do half of the features
Name me three that you have trouble with.

> I can run a few more games with the buggy workaround called wine
Still unimportant and weak.

>25% performance reduction

Alright then.

What's you underlying issue with wine?
What is the one program that will not work for you?

Why does it appear hacky?

Fanboi, don't challenge me again with your idiocy, I know linux for multiple years more than you do.
My GPU drivers are shit, my game controller drivers are either shit or don't exist, my sound card had shittier features.

Fanboi, don't challenge me again with your idiocy. I have personally coded a feature to wine so allow me to know how shitty it is (I won't say what feature it is to not be identified).
Anyway, whoever pretends wine isn't shitty compared to just rebooting to windows is a clueless turbosperg.

Besides, how are you so autistic? SSD's are cheap. Just fucking reboot for a fucking gayme that runs like shit on wine. The only reason we didn't reboot in the old days were HDDs were pain to reboot.

The whole point is to help.
Post your issues and users will solve them if you don't tell me what is wrong I cannot help.

You can't solve it unless you write software for me you clueless idiot. I'm a programmer, I know how to fix them but it's not my job to spend years on rewriting drivers.

You have to give me something to go on.

Name a program you can't run in wine and we can assist.

I'm on ryzen so I don't care lmao. The less mitigations there are the better for me. Because microsoft is incompetent and their intel mitigations lower ryzen's performance (or it was done on purpose)

user if he's really a developer you won't convince him. If his job is to develop for windows he won't switch to wine, that's just common sense. You use the OS you develop software for to ensure shit works.

Any anticheat

It's not about prior windows convenience, linux simply has both less and worse software in most areas.

I reboot to linux to run Dolphin for example because I can have a custom low latency kernel (I doubt most people do that) and the controller software is identical quality with windows because it's bluetooth passthrough.

I just boot to windows in most other cases because simply it has better software there.

Oh look, it's this fucking retard that keeps spamming this debunked bullshit by another fucking retard that has no fucking clue what he's doing.

Learn how to configure a group policy and learn what a Disabled rule means before spouting more bullshit and making yourself look like an even bigger moron than you already are.

Attached: 1518968603525.png (876x390, 56K)

>When did you realize your obsession with 7 was misguided?
When I installed Linux.

It's GNU/Linux.

Linux is the kernel.

Attached: file.png (385x326, 125K)

>Linux would be great if it had software.
Linux can run Windows software, as well as its own often superior software or software that doesn't exist on Windows.

In a shittier way and in most areas with fewer or/and shittier versions.

As I said, I reboot to linux if it offers a better way.

If if it doesn't only sperglords should stick to one.

Stop being sperglords, SSDs are cheap, rebooting takes 4 seconds.

The only reason reboot was rare > 10 years ago was that HDDs were slow as fuck to reboot an OS.