Is this a retarded business strategy? I have some money and some talent and I think I could pull it off

Is this a retarded business strategy? I have some money and some talent and I think I could pull it off
>Create an MMO from the bottom up built for raycasting, I know a certain method of using raycasting that nobody else knows of that could make a totally unique graphics style
>buy a bunch of raycasting specific graphics cards
>charge players by the hour to play my game
>stream the gameplay to them so they get the highest graphics fidelity gameplay ever even if they're playing on a toaster
>It's already an MMO so latency isn't as big of a deal
What do you guys think?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 180K)

You forgot
>have to charge 100 bucks a month just to break even

>latency isn't as big of a deal

well, start working.

Yes, this is the big concern, but I have some thoughts on how it can overcome
>24 fps with motion blur
>Price to play scales with how many cards are being used, so cards are constantly in use and players are playing at odd hours
>Because of option to pay by the hour its a very low barrier to entry for new players
>Persistent world with cryptographically backed items so that players feel like if they keep playing they can turn a profit
>It's a tech play so limitless VC funding so we can run at a loss

Alright good luck with your meme technologies MMO

>Create an MMO
DOA.

I don't know a lot about the subject, but several businesses have already looked at streaming games for years but none of them came to fruition. It's called cloud gaming and I think Parsec is one of those companies I heard about.

To be honest on the surface I think your idea sounds nice, but you should definitely research why cloud gaming has not taken off. Was it badly marketed? Was tech not up to the task? Was their game boring? Make an educated guess before you start investing lots of time!

Keep in mind that it will be quite demanding for the internet connection. Even in Western Europe lots of people don't have a fiber connection and the growing popularity of tablets and WiFi will make it more challenging. Also, I think you need more than 24 FPS for gameplay to feel smooth.

You might also want to research if Javascript is performant enough for all that drawing if you're thinking browsers!

>You might also want to research if Javascript is performant enough for all that drawing if you're thinking browsers!
It would probably be streamed in video format, no?

Or I could just play pirated WoW at 120fps for free

Yes, but players need to click targets and spells and whatnot

I'm not saying it's impossible at all. I'm not a JS expert and definitely not a JS performance expert. Just pointing you at some aspects you might want to research some more.

I think you should give me your adress so that I could enter a bullet into your fucking head and save the industry from degrading any further.

Attached: 086be6df4379c82de5c1d3b76a9153657715788157291ebf1fe3088be7a1400b.jpg (693x490, 50K)

You should see a doctor user, this is not a topic to get furious about

By yourself? Even if you're highly autistic, no. That's a no go.
If you have a proper team of people that know what they're doing, maybe. And money, lots of money, to pay the team and for the hardware.

No MMOs are becoming replaced by social games like Fortnite and Overwatch. The whole appeal of MMOs was that there were a shit ton of people who you could talk to and share and experience with. God, I miss couch co-op mode

Why exactly are mmos dead? Is it the attention spans of kids today cannot take grinding?

Yeah, I do think he should start by himself, honestly. Making a simple prototype is a good way to gauge viability of a project and it can help get investors on board (pitching something is much, much easier when you can just show a Pentium 4 PC playing a full HD game)

You need a year or two for that, true. But great companies are not built in a month.

Got any numbers to back this up?

I think you're retarded.

Real time motion blur is so horrible people prefer rendering twice the amount of frames

That's hardly the most difficult thing about this

The change in culture could definitely be a factor in why MMOs are dying. Think of Destiny, it was marketed as an FPS MMORPG yet in spite of the huge success of its marketing campaign, the DLC was not as well-received and so Destiny 2 was made to milk the franchise further before it fades into irrelevancy.

Although Activision claims that Destiny 2 increased in sales numbers it was only based on revenue and although we don't know the budget for Destiny 2 we can assume it costs less than Destiny 1 because sequels are always easier to market provided that the first game was popular.

There is also another problem with MMOs and that is the business model. I need to think upon this more because I don't have an answer as to why MMO business models fail.

Finally, you should be aware that MMOs will exaggerate their popularity because they will often describe it as registered players which can inflate the numbers if some of those players are paying less in other countries or for free. Do the math: 325 million dollars sold for 60$ a game becomes about 5 million and that's for the first 5 days for Destiny 1. Then there are the nuances of global sales and whatnot so I'm just going to leave it at that. I'm no analyst or investor and I don't claim to have the history of everything; these are merely my two cents.
Maybe another day but I'm feeling tired right now.

Attached: help.png (97x68, 2K)