I just bought a HP laptop with Winshit 10 preinstalled, can I claim a refund?

I just bought a HP laptop with Winshit 10 preinstalled, can I claim a refund?
I haven't accepted the EULA yet.

Attached: 1479062869048.jpg (464x348, 77K)

what did you expect to be on it?

Usually no, the manufacturers are getting Windows for near zero price, sometimes even negative after bundling in crap like mcafee.

I know it had Winshit on it when I bought it but there was no option to choose a non-Winshit OS. Now I want to install GNU/Linux and not have to install this shit.
Yet there seem to be many instances of people getting some money back from the manufacturer, so it seems like its worth a try at least.

>not buying the same laptop with Winshit opted out in favour of FreeDOS/Linux

you know you can still install linux right? maybe windows 10 is better for you if you are unaware of these things

I'm in the UK BTW, I've been checking and some French and Italian fags seem to have got a refund out of them, so it could be European law.

are you literally mentally challenged?
didn't you read the fucking specs before buying it?

100% of the times, THEY SAY WHAT OS IT HAS.

I know, it's about the principle of being charged for some Winshit I didn't agree to. As some people have noted, the licence in Windows was not part of the buying process, and I have no reason to agree to it.

Pajeet smelt.

You usually can, but it's like $5.

Even if that's all I get its worth it as this is the only way to change policy in these big companies. Every time someone hits their pocket they are forced to reevaluate, even if its only a little hit. Idgaf about the money, I'd be fine without the money, even if it was like £100.

I don't discourage you, if you believe it's worth your time, then go for it.

pretty sure that doesnt work any more. MS at least will tell you to go back to where you bought it from, or talk to the manufacturer.

Nice bait pic.

Attached: mssk_n905pan019_2.jpg (600x600, 46K)

how dumb do you have to be to buy a computer and not know what operating system it comes with? did you even check what CPU it uses before buying it and whether it has a HDD or SSD?

Oh that much is clear, I know I need to start with HP. Just thinking of what I will say to them.
Pic related
Are you fucking dumb to think I didn't know
This is purely political

Attached: 46a.png (645x729, 97K)

Is that some hamburger thing?

Never cared about what os it comes with, you can install whatever you want.

HP recently started pulling off some shady shit, like you get computer with freedos and can't download windows drivers from one single place since they consider that "support for windows" and you didn't pay for it.

Buy used thinkpads then and not some walmart hp crap

Dude I'm trying to change policy at these fag tech companies so that we get a Linux option in future.

damn that some assblasted 16yo linux cuck xD

Woah, epic!
;^)

No it’s some freetard whose ego is so swollen he thinks that a handful of people wanting a refund for an OS they didn’t ask for will change a company’s policy. They most likely will not give a refund more than $5 because that’s probably all they paid in the first place. OP just wants to argue for attention.

They won’t ever change company policy because it’s more work for them just to make OPs neckbeard ass happy.

They’ll just add a clause that says “OS is non-refundable” and people other than you will continue to not give a shit lmao

I’m actually happy if a deal on a system that comes with Windows is the same price as a unit without a hard disk, because I always install Professional or LTSB anyways, so I just extract the product key and give it to a friend or family member later if they need an operating system.

The clause in the EULA is Microshits, not HPs. When HP realise microshit are making life harder for them to do business, they will just work harder at bringing Linux in.