Reasons to hate Apple thread:

Reasons to hate Apple thread:

Attached: IMG_20180831_152745.jpg (5312x2988, 2.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66276481/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66292478/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66298954/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66305265/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66306100/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66306371/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 3.png (128x81, 2K)

Because Apple threats the filesystem as a B class citizen.
They try to hide it as much as possible and you have to do everything through a program.

I just got one example that made me finally realize this.
Had to use a Mac for work, develop an iOs app.
Latest retarded little shit was the assbackward way of transfering some screenshots from an iPad to a pendrive.
>Open photo app
>Import photos
>Search user folder, it doesn't even have a quick access link
>Pictures
>Double click? No, too easy. That launches the photos app again
>Show package contents
>Master
>Finally found the photos to copy on the pendrive

Why?

You literally used an app designed to be a photo library/database to transfer screenshots. Not Apple's fault you're retarded.

Want to share a screenshot? Just fucking AirDrop it you mong.

usr, var, private
Network, Systems, Applications

Why do some of them begin with a capital letter?

That's fucking nothing. The amount of hand holding yet ass backwards security makes this a nightmare to program in.

>remove symlink from under /System
>requires sudo
>try to create a new symlink under the same directory into a new location
>permission denied
>google for few hours
>disable SIP
>create link
>enable SIP again
System Integrity Protection holds my hand and won't let me create a fucking link but doesn't mind me just razing the entire folder to ground. This is somehow supposed to help against malware but I don't see how that helps if you can still remove shit from /System

>"just jump through these hoops because apple doesn't know what they're doing"
sounds about right

Attached: 1534471277430.png (331x331, 76K)

These things specifically made me regret ever getting a macbook.

Pressing delete in finder does nothing. Must use command + backspace to move to trash
Enter in finder renames file instead of opening it
Maximize button doesn't maximize
Clicking a programs icon in dock doesn't minimize/restore
Menu bar doesn't extend across multiple monitors. Must go to primary monitor to open menus for programs on secondary screen

Those are "user facing" directories. The var, usr, private are hidden folders. Networks is a hardlink "folder" to all the discovered networked devices on LAN. Volumes is external attachments, and System is a general folder of macOS-shit.

It's not jumping through hoops, it's using things as they're intended. The photos app is used for cameras, not iPads. And if you /really/ wanted to use the Photos app for transferring screenshots on an iPad, then you can fucking export photos from the File menu rather than all the bullshit the other poster went through.

Why can't apple just make a functional file browser cross compatible with mac os and ios like a normal human being? Why the fuck is everything now apps and only a few select apps? God, the amount of locked down functionality drove me nuts desu senpai.

>take screenshot on iPad
>airdrop to mac
>drag file from downloads to pen drive
wow so hard, so complex, so backwards

Apple by default now syncs your macOS home folder to iCloud, which is fully available to your iPad. So, for most people, "a functional file browser" already exists because they have ."a single filesystem" between their devices.

Granted, I disabled all that shit. But there's a solution already that you may or may not agree with.

So many hoops, well after jobs died I honestly shouldn't be expecting anything good from apple anymore. I hear they want to can macs and just focus on tablets now.

why cant you just
>take screenshot on iPad
>transfer to drive

Sure, you can do that. Just need a lightning to USB adapter, or a flash drive that has a lightning port on it.

what am I looking at?

I use one for webdev at work.

It's a good middle ground for if you want all your UNIX workings but with support for Adobe products, anything beyond that is just frustrating and/or bloated (ie. not even a straightforward cut+paste option, it's either move or copy+delete)

I'd never buy an Apple product myself, mind, but I wouldn't be against using one.

lmao

10/10 gave me a good chuckle, I'm so glad I left apple products behind

Attached: 1530610483420.jpg (720x707, 47K)

Attached: 1522135983870.webm (640x360, 1.1M)

God forbid you have to type anything out on that piece of shit.

Attached: 1492400247883.webm (640x360, 1.18M)

say whatever you want, but for drawing, ipad pro is one of the best all-around choices you can make
it's way ahead of surface products and topped by obvious giants like wacom, but at 3 times the price

>Transfer files wireless
>"b-but I don't want that"
>Okay just use the cable that came with the box
>"lol u need a cable for that ?"
This better be some bad bait.

Fucking retarded, just select the photos on the App and drag&drop them to the fucking pen/folder.

Retarded winfag/loonixfag trying to use Paleolithic methods on a modern city.

TAKE THE POO TO THE LOO

Attached: 1504617338294.jpg (643x960, 256K)

The only problem is that App.

How is all that input lag acceptable to you? I'd claw my eyes out at such a sight.

Attached: 1517866403039.webm (238x360, 2.91M)

Not if the hardware has a severe chronic overheating and thermal throttling problem

Attached: 1514957631091.webm (1280x546, 2.83M)

iToddlers will defend this.

as opposed to input lag of what?
again, at that price point for a standalone device - not a screen-less USB tablet - it's a decent device that really works a whole lot better than a competition
i don't like apple. Only used an iphone 6 and 6s provided by my previous workplace and they were subpar
i have no reason to shill for apple, but no reason to hate blindly either

>lagPad

Attached: 1506160227556.gif (640x360, 1.25M)

I haven't ever put any money on paypal, I just use it as a bridge between my debit accounts and online payments.

>TRIM only available on Apple-branded SSDs, just because.
Well, their SSDs are all soldered-on nowadays, so I guess it fixes the issue...

plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/

>driver
>needed to use side buttons on mice like the g400
>$20USD

I literally own more macOS/OS X programs than I do Linux or Windows programs (minus steam games)

> Dragthing
> Steermouse
> Textual
> got a refund for Little Snitch after my Hackintosh system got hosed last time around

Attached: 1443409170739.jpg (1024x1024, 88K)

tab s4 pen, whatever tech they use has significantly less sustained lag than the iPad pro. I still think both are abhorrent options compared to even entry level wacoms

Why do people actively seek out to hate something? I just ignore shit I know I won't like, even when I'm forced to use it for a while, getting all angry about it won't help you yourself.

We've owned these pieces of shit that's why we vent here. You try doing fucking work when your "premium" "pro" apple laptop throttles to 0.5 GHz. Even wallmart android phones perform faster than these poor excuses for computers.

Attached: 1508747426931.jpg (656x611, 83K)

It's logical behavior to be able to hide a file browser as much as possible on a phone. The user doesn't want to waste time on the go trying to figure out where he has saved his file, nor where to find it to open it.

>this is what itoddler subhumans actually believe

pls someone post the indian guy.

Reminder that this iPajeet shill outed himself.
>makes fake celebrity account
>sends himself messages for "le ebic trole xD"
>forgets to remove his sim
>exposes himself as a literal pajeet on vodafone india
>actually tries to pull a "i-i-i was just PRETENDING to be a pajeet" "i-i-it was just a joke!"
warosu.org/g/thread/S66276481/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66292478/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66298954/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66305265/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66306100/
>even tries to hide it with airplane mode
warosu.org/g/thread/S66306371/

Attached: 1504286698460.jpg (643x960, 257K)

thnx mate.

DELET

Attached: 1512177193154.png (813x1402, 370K)

Attached: 1528006435407.png (761x1197, 197K)

command + F4 to take a screenshot buddy

they were laughing because of the fact that apple products in 2018 can't do a simple file transfer without 7 dongles and 10 adapters

>ANSI makes key specifically for the purpose of taking screen captures
>special snowflake soiboi trannies at applel decide to go out of their way to make it more cumbersome and less intuitive
Another reason added to the list.

Attached: 1531144686780.png (1920x1080, 1.64M)

>For Pony!

based

Attached: file.png (692x375, 418K)

>he can't afford to think different

Attached: 1484243976728.jpg (236x250, 9K)

Attached: 1517098172758.jpg (736x460, 161K)