Gonna re-grease the processor in my laptop. Any words of advice?

Gonna re-grease the processor in my laptop. Any words of advice?

Attached: arctic silver.jpg (640x276, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kSCVahyh3Dk
youtu.be/P0oyG5Z55KM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't expect much of a difference in temps and less is more, regarding application.

don't lose any screws don't fuck up the thermal pads and be careful if you're using conductive paste

make sure to cover it fully, don't be afraid to use the whole tube.

I just want the fan to stop turning on every 30 seconds trying to cool.

pls don't say this

Dilute it with cum for best result

Just be yourself.

I suggest Hellman's

last time I used RadioShack. same thing?

Splooge it all over the unit like you mean it

get laid

Attached: E2C723E3-A138-4ACD-BE9B-4C67102411A2.jpg (267x200, 23K)

Get CM Mastergel or TG
When pasting use only a little of gel and use the spartula to spread it evenly on the die.
When pushing the heatsink back, try to not use heavy pressure

i haven't left my bedroom in months. getting laid is eons away.

How do you go to work? How do you go shopping? How do you meet new people?

i moved back with my parents. i have't met anyone new in years

That's sad. How does it make you feel your child self would've cried knowing its future?

I can't think of such things. Too much hurt.

Attached: Screenshot_20161203_195645.png (610x444, 30K)

>Don't expect much of a difference in temps
It really depends. I reduced my temps on desktop by 30°C on full load, ~13°C on idle.
>less is more, regarding application.
Meme. It doesn't matter how much you apply, one full (small) tube will always be enough but will never be too much to make more than 1°C difference. The only time you need to worry about this is when you use conductive paste.

post it

>waah waah
I bet my bottom dollar your child self was full of energy

my child self wanted to be a meteorologist

While you're at it, clean everything else. Get rid of the dust that settled in the fans years ago.
Before applying the thermal paste, be sure to have properly cleaned the remainings of the old one.
See this .

Also, to ensure proper usage of the thermal paste, you are encouraged to follow the instructions of the following video :
youtube.com/watch?v=kSCVahyh3Dk

I don't have it. No one does. It has been completely wiped from the internet. You cannot find it. Ever.

OP, might I recommend not using a silver based paste. While not conductive, they can be capacitive, and will cause issues if it gets on surface mount components. Use a ceramic based paste instead. Gelid GC-Extreme is one of the best ceramic pastes on the market, and it's more affordable than that thermal grizzly stuff. Just my 2 cents. Good luck bud!

This is why we need /hsg/ bros collecting all kinds of trash from the internet

Don't bother unless you're having serious temperature problems and blue screens. Every time you do petty maintainance like that you risk breaking something. Especially when working on the CPU socket.

Just put a tiny dip on the center of the CPU and spread it around with tool that has a flat surface or expired credit card.

That's it.

Thermal paste just makes HSF fitting more consistent (fills up "microscopic air pockets/gaps).

Just do it like this guy does. Don't make a big deal.

youtu.be/P0oyG5Z55KM

Just use liquid cooling.

Attached: 1521636335204.png (478x478, 165K)

Don't expect much.
I should really do that myself.

I've tried that AS5, it sucks. MX-4 is far better. Kryonaut performs almost the same as the MX-4, maybe something like 3 degrees less, and it lasts more and does not suffer from pump-out.

Your fan is turning on because it's a fucking laptop. Not because it's got bad paste.

It shouldn't be hard if you have an IQ above room temperature. Just keep your screws organized and be sure to not tug or yank anything apart. Be gentle with cables. If you're unable to remove the main board from the housing, you probably missed a screw or two so go back and check again. When you remove the main board, set it on a flat dry surface and handle it by the edges so you aren't touching any of the surface components. Use plenty of q-tips and alcohol pads to clean off any of the old paste, and clean the heat sink as well. Then apply a small dab of the new paste anywhere that had it before. You can also replace thermal pads at this time if your machine uses those for the iGPU or something.

Attached: 1535447135143.png (604x516, 121K)

if your temps improved by 30c your heatsink was literally not making contact before and mounted wrong it wasn't the paste.

paste and IHS make like 5deg change max.

Clean it with 99% alcohol and gently rubbing unbleached coffee filters. Nothing else.

the fan grinds a little, so i ordered a replacement. it's one of those fans with a heatsink pipe attached to it

will 91% do?

if its a razer blade well they released update for that

try dusting first
im too scared to regrease

Coollaboratory and you wouldn't ever come back to other compounds if you do that properly

Attached: liquid_ultra.png (800x800, 193K)

i just have a simply intel core i5. no graphics card. plus i've already ordered the arctic silver.

Look for a service manual. If you find one, it will make things a lot easier.