How long until Windows is axed like the Microsoft’s phone division they bought from Nokia?

How long until Windows is axed like the Microsoft’s phone division they bought from Nokia?

Attached: 393FF7CD-52EE-431D-8AB2-979D4697F848.png (640x480, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Windows-Linux-Power-Dell-XPS
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Im pretty much stuck with windows as a laptop user

>Most distros dont have my wifi drivers, and they break every couple kernel updates
>Touchpad jitters, making it unusable except for clicking on a large window
>Battery is halved from my already low windows battery life of 4 hours (this is with tlp and powertop)

should have bought a macbook pajeet

a better alternative

>inb4 linux
hahahahhahaha

>tfw linuxfags have nothing better to do than to mock windows users
>windows users actually get shit done
Jelly, shitnuggets?

I prefer not going bankrupt over a laptop

stop using acer you mongoloid
my battery lasts 4h more than it would with windows (this is without tlp nor powertop)
it's a midrange one year old asus laptop, 0 issues with non-free debian

I got a latitude bud

Hey man, leave them alone. They also spend hours ricing up their worthless OS so they can drop scrots in the desktop threads.

>Most distros dont have my wifi drivers, and they break every couple kernel updates
Write your own software, brainlet.
>Touchpad jitters, making it unusable except for clicking on a large window
Again you can program it yourself.
>Battery is halved from my already low windows battery life of 4 hours (this is with tlp and powertop)
If you're not a brainlet, you would already fix this problem.

wtf are you doing then nigger?
dell has really good linux support

get a thinkpad, linux just werks

What kind of shitty run-off-the-mill hardware do you have?

linux only gets slightly worse battery than windows 10 if you set it up correctly: phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Windows-Linux-Power-Dell-XPS

at least one more decade. but it will happen. "normal people" simply don't care about operating systems anymore. as long as they can do facebook, play vidya & use commerical services, they don't give a flying fuck.

This. Apple killed Windows with an iPad.

>hardware problem
>hardware problem
>hardware problem
Linux doesnt run on hotwheels computer user

i totally agree. apple fucking sucks, but they won the mainstream audience.

the only reason windows still stands up is because vidyas. the moment gaming becomes uncool or platform independent, windows will become obsolete.

I give them 10-12 more years. It's a sinking ship.

pretty similar problems exist for a lot of laptops like the most recent x1 carbon, stuff like the touchscreen and trackpad don't work at all or with the same features as windows 10. stop pretending your ancient thinkpad isn't actually a piece of shit because it is user.

Attached: 1535606098434.gif (640x360, 1.19M)

>8gb ram
>i5

Already more powerful than alot of computers

My thinkpad just werks. I'm not sure about your overpriced trash.

See if your driver is available as a kernel module
Fuck about with the synaptics config
Screen brightness and CPU scheduler are worth looking at. Also might be GPU related if you're not using an igpu.

Attached: pcrun.jpg (1003x698, 34K)

>linux is infallible its the users fault for buying the wrong hardware

tfw work uses winshit 10 for C# and VB6 development. At least I can go home, jump on my Gentoo machines, and tell people on the internet that I know windows api and xamarin.

It will probably be pitched as a service in the next few years, you buy a thin client (or smart device) that lets you log into a cloud PC that you pay a subscription for with pricing depending on the specs you want.

I use linux on my laptops and I dual boot, but honestly I've never had a blue screen ever with windows as my daily driver.
Also the .NET error message, just fucking update .NET
You can't possibly argue that with Linux as you have to update dependencies all the time.
Sure doing something like pacman -Syu is easier, but you have to do it for shit that's not in the package manager anyways. I always download the latest shit whenever I reformat my PC so I rarely have that issue too

Honestly the worst issues I have with windows are all nvidia's fault with their drivers shitting themselves from time to time which is the same on linux anyways. I have all the spy shit disabled. Really the only reason I use Linux instead is because certain program support and development, and because it doesnt have all the garbage bloat with windows making it better on my battery life.

Windows will probably still dominate the work area though, as companies don't want to spend a shit ton on overpriced hardware for just using excel and proprietary office software.

And I doubt most of Jow Forums or other tech losers wanna switch to apple, so linux might start evening everything out to a 33/33/33 kind of OS spread. That'd be nice ngl

microsoft is pushing their office suite into the cloud, making it platform independent. last stable desktop version was back in 2016. it will become a cloud app.

but you're right that most companies will keep windows. it would cost to much money warrant any interest from the management. there's still companies that run windows xp

You can install GNU inside Windows.

Is this the MS shill thread?

my memepad x220 still lasts 5+ hours on the original battery running linux

Everything just werked on my dell latitude e6540 and that has an amd gpu. Stop lying faggot.

Not using the Barbie chad computer

What distro? I know mint and ubuntu just werk for wifi, but both have shit drivers for touchpad. Plus the latest kernel breaks my wifi, the driver works, i can see the wifi, but it never finds a connection

>problems exist on the X1 Carbon that don't on the x200
>therefore the x200 is a piece of shit
Sorry you overpaid for a nu-Thinkpad

Better things to do with my time, like npming 50 packages into this Enterprise web code.

Latest Ubuntu lts. Everything just werks for me. Touchpad is good also

Ive noticed the touchpad on its own works perfect. However, if i have a finger hovering over another part of the touchpad, it goes berserk flicking between both positions. Disabling two finger touch does nothing, and neither does adjusting the touch sensitivity

>brags about avoiding the jews and the botnet
>falls for jewish naming schemes