Hey guys, I want a tablet I can write math equations on, take notes and draw

Hey guys, I want a tablet I can write math equations on, take notes and draw.

The main ones I'm looking at are a samsung s4 vs ipad pro. What do you think?

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 222K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pWaD3AdhkIk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm considering boning up my math skills and possibly doing engineering eventually. But the tablet I have now isn't made for a stylus, so I want to upgrade. I'm kind of stuck between a few choices.

iPad Pro. Android isn't really a great tablet experience, and you will be hard pressed to see more than one major update.

Thinly vieled flame bait

That's sadly what I was thinking too. I don't like how proprietary they are with everything. However I've been researching some of the note taking apps and drawing stuff. It seems like the drawing is way better. The only thing that's gay is that you have to keep charging the pencil.

I was considering getting some version of a note tablet too just to write out math equations. But nit sure that would work.

At least wait until the Apple event in September. Could be a new iPad.

Consider getting a used Surface Pro.

Do they handle drawing pretty well? Sounds like it would use onenote?

>tablet I can write math equations on

Not writing math in \LaTeX

Attached: 2017-05-26-7-15-32_orig.gif (1059x479, 37K)

Attached: getty_553200249_130450.jpg (970x450, 40K)

Heads up: these things constantly overheat and thermal throttle doing normal work. I owned one and webm related almost made me slam it on the wall.

Attached: IMG_3265.webm (640x480, 1.45M)

>lagPad
>ever

Attached: 1505105129669.webm (640x360, 1.18M)

That was stupid.

At least shit in a toilet Pajeet.

Attached: 1533232549500.jpg (643x960, 256K)

>lagPad

Attached: 1531990032049.webm (640x360, 1.8M)

Which one?all of them?

I dunno. I just saw a drawing demo on a surface 4 that was pretty good.

Pretty much, I've owned like 4 from the first air to the latest "pro". I don't know what the fuck they're doing at apple but heads need to start rolling. It's the same with macbooks.

Attached: 1515112380626.webm (964x720, 1.42M)

youtu.be/pWaD3AdhkIk

Only sensible answer in this thread. Locked down ARM trash will never last.

Android tablets get a year of support and then get abandoned, so after maybe 3 years your're on your own unless you go through custom ROM bullshit if you can even manage to root your device.

iPads are also locked down trash and will only run Apple malware OSs. Apple forces devs to release apps only for the newest iOS, while intentionally making the newest iOS lag like shit on any hardware older than a year. You're looking at maybe 6-12 mo before you're guaranteed to lose 50% performance, then another 10% every year unless you never update, and have all your apps stop working.

Meanwhile any x86 tablet like Surface, Elite, etc you can use a real desktop OS that never suffers Applerot or no support.

Attached: 1511442298859.jpg (1416x800, 142K)

Wrong pic.

Attached: 1521147599409.jpg (1245x987, 108K)

Surface does look decent too. Right now I just use a galaxy s tab for internet, netflix and studying pdfs. I have to say for what I use it for its great, but definitely not a good note or write on tablet and only as 16 gigs memory.

I definitely don't want to buy anything less than 32 or 64 gigs memory. It needs to be something I can use laying down because I work and commute 12 hrs a day and only have energy to read/write in bed after.

Damn faggots, can't even lie right.

Try doing this in your shitty obsolete PC with two 1080ti's in SLI.

Attached: cut.webm (720x480, 2.2M)

>iPads are also locked down trash and will only run Apple malware OSs. Apple forces devs to release apps only for the newest iOS, while intentionally making the newest iOS lag like shit on any hardware older than a year. You're looking at maybe 6-12 mo before you're guaranteed to lose 50% performance, then another 10% every year unless you never update, and have all your apps stop working.
There are people that actually believe this shit.
Think about it

This was the primary reason I've considered I pad pros. The goal is to take and maintain notes and math equations.

What's your opinion of the pencil having to be charged? How long does a charge last in practice? Can any use other kinds of non charge driven stylus?

Get the tab S 4, cheaper than ipad, and can actually be used.

> This was the primary reason I've considered I pad pros. The goal is to take and maintain notes and math equations.
Excellet really, it's the best machine to read PDF's, PC's get sluggish and the fans turn on when you use PDF's.

On Apple operating systems, PDF's are heavily optimized, because Apple really bet on PDF as the future (and it was), every App supports PDF through system libraries and as consequence it's very fast.

There are also many Apps that allow you to write notebooks with the pencil that work very well and are pretty much loved. Because they work with Apple's PDF engine, they are also fast.

Stay away from OneNote crap, that thing is slow.

Get Notability or GoodNotes, both are excelent, I prefer GoodNotes though.

> What's your opinion of the pencil having to be charged? How long does a charge last in practice? Can any use other kinds of non charge driven stylus?

It lasts about 2 days, but it charges fast, also, don't bother with The Verge et all propaganda (the negro and his friends). It comes with a little piece and charges like pic related.

If you forget to charge at home, you can charge with the iPad, it only takes a couple of seconds while you piss or drink a coffee...

Attached: IMG_4984.jpg (4032x3024, 1.06M)

>t. Apple shill

Good to know.

The methodology of note taking I need is split screen style,so taking diagrams and text then putting it in notes and solving. So far I've only see ipad pros do this by drag and drop, but some others might do it as well.

>proprietary
You won't be using any free software on Android either.

We'll I think it comes with notability built in.

What do you guys think the total cost would be. So far I see ipad pro as

900 for the 12.9 256gb version.
100 apple pencil
100 tax
Apps?

S4
750 tablet
0 spen, comes with it.

You're are better off getting the surface, it has one of the best digitisers

Although the 10.1 of both ipad pro and s4 are both about 750. So initial price is about the same.

How many apps do you have to buy on apple to do normal stuff?

I think the one thing putting me off an iPad/iOS at the moment is apparently you can't have multiple Word windows open?

I frequently jump between multiple word/excel files at once when working, and i think i'd find it quite disjointing. It's one thing making me lean more towards a Surface or something similar.

mi pad 4

Take it from me that you never want to write complex equations on a tablet. You can write way more one a single notepad than you can on a tablet.

Im 1000% sure we had the EXACT same thread yesterday.

Ipad pro with notability (10 bucks) for sure. Theres also good notes ($8?) and one note (free) but i found notability to just werk better.
Also the new base ipad supports the pencil and is the cheapest at 330 bucks, but the pro will of course be much better.
Notability pros:
Import pdfs for reference or write directly on them, insert pictures into notes, make voice memos for certain sections of your notes or even record the whole lecture (get high storage if you care about this), use different “paper” within the app if you want, say, graph paper, copy/paste is incredibly useful when dealing with sketches and diagrams.
Cons-
Muh 10 bucks
You can try out the surface pro too as it can potentially replace your laptop (not really) but their pen feels like a shitty afterthought
t. Engineering fag

Surface

I think that for the $649 you're going to pay, the iPad Pro is definitely the better value. Though I would also look at stuff like surface, personally I think that the s4 is overpriced.

And this also depends on what other devices you own. If you already own a MacBook and iPhone, for example..

There are actually iToddler subhumans who think their shitty toys are useful.
Think about it.

>ishit
>good value
>dies immediately 1 hour after warranty expires

goodnotes on ipad

Attached: 39610674_452414678599673_6497759857800642560_n.jpg (1080x1349, 135K)

Attached: 39565516_492257211237536_1449414650511753216_n.jpg (1080x1080, 1.43M)

>an itoddler actually trying to brag about his toddler toy finally being able to have two things open at once
>something desktop OSs could do 3 decades ago
>something a windows tablet could do 1 decade ago
>something android could do 5 years ago
such innovation
much marketing
very wow

Learn to use a toilet street shitter.

Have iPad pro 9.7 with apple pencil and Samsung S2 9.7 tablet with s-pen.

IPad:
>screen is far better and the pencil is more accurate in my drawings and note taking
>camera is superior, especially for scanning in documents for class
>keyboard accessory is actually not hot garbage, halfway nice typing experience. Note taking is fairly enjoyable
>can side load homebrew stuff is necessary, but requires weekly resigning

S2:
>cheaper
>rootable
>flashable
>retro gaming
>stylus doesn't need charging
>battery life is about 3 hours better than iPad

Overall, I prefer the S2 for everything that isn't class or drawing.

The Amazon Fire HD 8 is on sale for $50 -- if you can get one. New model coming out soon, so clearing out the warehouse.