So today my mom got a letter saying that she needs to take a course on piracy and why it's wrong...

So today my mom got a letter saying that she needs to take a course on piracy and why it's wrong. If she doesn't they will throtel out internet speed. Is this outrageous or should I be OK with this.

Attached: 1516969684138.jpg (674x672, 84K)

Attacking and robbing ships is wrong, mkay?

What country is this. Just switch ISP?

Those chicks are hot!

>land of the free
lmao

>thinking everyone lives in America
lmao

This. The fact they send that is already too much. They should mind their own fucking business instead of looking into what you download.

>not using a private tracker

Let me guess, if she doesn't want to go through all the hassle and still retain proper internet, she needs to pay some "microsoft lv7 technician" pajeet with itunes gift cards?

No they only accept the federal reserve steam cards as payment.

I do live in north America.

I agree.

Honestly I should have asked to see the letter to make sure it's not a scam. It seemed legit because they had specific movies and our IP address. All this could have been obtained by other means.

I use a VPN my parents are not as tech savvy. They got this black box that pirates movies from who knows where. Id like to show them the way but am to lazy to teach old people how to download movies anonymously.

what ISP?

Every thread with retarded police state shit like data caps, copyright shit, paying for tethering or muh isp threat letters comes from American posters though.

>They got this black box that pirates movies from who knows where
Wtf

AT&T
Yah it seems to run a media server and a torrent client. I even think it runs on Linux. They got it from some guy in the parking lot of a Gass station.

>They got it from some guy in the parking lot of a Gass station.
user...

>They got it from some guy in the parking lot of a Gass station.

Attached: 2e46f408383b8fbde643a1f2a9a89a0fa7b1e760b7af5485989fa3c4f923a594.png (638x667, 309K)

That's because the US is the main content producer.
If everybody was pirating billions of dollars worth of Swedish entertainment every year you would see the same there.

sounds like Popcorn Time

user don't be cheap, get a decent router and install openWRT/ddWRT/etc..., then route all bit-torrent traffic through the VPN.

Can you configure it to also use a VPN?

I used to do this but hit a wall with services like Netflix that disallow VPN connections.
I'd need to look into this.

What I meant by using openWRT is making a VLAN just for the blackbox to be routed on the VPN, if the blackbox need access to Netflix then route just the port used by the torrent client, BTW you still want to set a VLAN for that thing, you don't know what is in there, you might wanna block port 22 and UPnP too.

I use pfsense. I was under the impression that I needed a dedicated switch to set up Vlans. Is this not true?

No, pfSense can set up a VLAN on any interface, you can plug a dumb switch on this interface if you need more ports too and they also be part of the VLAN.

This

That's some serious botnet you got going there lol

>AT&T
thanks, i will add them to my isp blacklist
fwiw, Cox has never done more than send me an e-mail saying "plox stop".

>AT&T
>Yah it seems to run a media server and a torrent client. I even think it runs on Linux. They got it from some guy in the parking lot of a Gass station.
Probably a raspberry pi running LibreElec.

did you just watch that SP episode and just wanted to say something related to it or ... ?

I am sorry but from this whole thread I just cannot stop making fun of USA and western europe in my head. What the fuck happened? I used to dream of living in those places like 6 years ago. Now it seems like Eastern Europe is heaven compared to the west. Muricans and westerners, how did you manage to fuck up your countries so hard that your women are sjw, your rent is expensive enough to leave you with the same amount of money in the end of the month as us and you get a fucking mail from your ISP to take a course in piracy? How can you even defend this? At this point people in fucking Bulgaria are living better than the people in fucking UK and USA. Bulgaria my niggas.... this is the country of the free right now.

Pic related: what you get for 10 pounds a month/ 15 usd:

Attached: Screenshot (40).png (1920x1080, 183K)

>Bucharest is in Bulgaria

Speedtest connects to the fastest server in your region for the speedtest. For example, I live in Erie, PA but Speedtest connects to a server about 80 miles away in Buffalo, NY instead of the local fiber ISP's server about 2 miles away

oops
pic related

Attached: Screenshot_20180831-202631.png (2048x1829, 408K)

I live in Ruse, it is 2 hours away from Bucharest and I go to Bucharest from time to time.

Gift her with a VPN subscription and tell your ISP to go fuck itself.