/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1 (embed) (embed)

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>___sync is important for slower response time monitors (IPS)
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 1532733770167.jpg (700x695, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7Hg9w6
pcpartpicker.com/list/jTbX4C
bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/cpus/amd-2nd-gen-ryzen-7-2700x-and-ryzen-5-2600x-review/6/
pcpartpicker.com/user/ThePianoMan0613/saved/gFPFt6
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119143
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is the R5 2600 better than the i5-8400 for gaming? which one is easier to manage for a brainlet?

Attached: 657cfe6cf0f7b6b785645779b92f1128.jpg (566x830, 71K)

i got a 1440p 165Hz screen. Recently I upgraded to a 1080Ti and there is a severe bottleneck with my i5 4670k (it stutters like hell at high frames) so I want to upgrade to a Ryzen.
Thing is that Ryzen 1800x is 80 euros cheaper than the 2700x, how much is the difference between both?

Attached: 1535588756201.jpg (335x500, 73K)

I wonder if Zen 2 will come with more low-end CPUs

Yes

what are some reliable motherboards and storage components?

>which one is easier to manage for a brainlet?
Considering you don't need to worry about ram timings/overclocking (or PBO) or anything like that the 8400 is easier.

For strictly gaming the 8400 better right now if A) you don't stream, B) your game doesn't benefit for additional cores/threads C) the game doesn't hit 90-100% usage. The 8400 is the worse long term investment though due to being on 1151 platform, being locked, the security issues with Intel and that it only has 6 threads.

>is the R5 2600 better than the i5-8400 for gaming?
Yes.
>which one is easier to manage for a brainlet?
i5-8400.

how do i stop being a brainlet and learn to manage the r5 2600?

Watch tutorials on jewtube or pay some extra for 2600X and B-die RAM.

Ncase M1?

amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master
Even a brainlet can "manage" this shit.

thank u and godbless

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7Hg9w6

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - SHADOW ROCK LP 51.4 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000

Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card

Should I buy a 144hz 1080p monitor or a 75hz 1440p monitor? Would also appreciate some good budget keyboard and mouse sets for under £50. Thank you.

In reality, both CPUs are equally easy to manage for a brainlet. However, with the Ryzen chip you can overclock if you see fit to. Like the other poster mentioned, get B-die ram if you can, but it's not necessary.

Is there any way to tell Strix cards apart? I'm supposed to be receiving a 1080ti strix from a guy, but I pay at the post office and I want to make sure it's not a 1070 or something.

Brainlet here who's never owned anything other than a laptop. What kind and number of ports should I expect on full-size graphics cards?
I'm building a pc to use with my cintiq pro which has one hdmi and one displayport. I'm looking to take advantage of the latter, but I'll need to find a gpu with displayport if not all of them have it.

Most of them have DP

>muh B-die RAM
no longer necessary for Ryzen2
in fact Ryzen2 is mostly plug-and-play and doesn't require the kind of micromanagement the original Ryzen was infamous for

Thanks, one less thing to worry about.
Is that why hardly any motherboards seem to have displayport?

>RX 570 costs +500$ where I live
AHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK THE 3RD WORLD

Attached: 1514947790563.png (400x416, 180K)

Is going from bronze rated to gold rated psu worth $20? Assuming other specs are more or less the same.

What can £190 or so get me GPU wise lads? willing to go used.
If you're lucky you might get an American user in a state without sales tax to buy and send you something a la buildapcproxy.
But then again it's Jow Forums.

Looking to upgrade cpu/mobo/ram. Budget ~550 eurobucks.
How's this: pcpartpicker.com/list/jTbX4C
Main use will be gaming. Already have a cooler so ignore that.

Won't buy amd ;^)

>Won't buy amd ;^)
Then get the 8400 or 8700k. 8600k is overpriced, only 6 threads and does about as well as the cheaper 2600x that has more threads.

give me one reason why 8600k over 8400

OC

>Budget ~550 eurobucks
>8600k over 8400 because OC
Lmao
Better sell your gpu and buy that titan V. Also, don't forget those rams with something that has LED; everyone knows LED=faster.

I have like 400USD total
I'll use the machine for gaming, mostly blizzard games honestly.
I'm not sure what graphics card or monitor would be best, like 1920-1080 60hz and then whatever the budget will allow
I have a keyboard and mouse but that's all right now ,I light be able to get a free monitor from a buddy that's really old and only works with VGA but I wouldn't want to use that permanently

I dont know what I'm doing honestly, I just want to play much vidya games and be a blizzard-activision shill.

to get like 2% difference?

Sure but it's still a nice boost with least problems.

>4phase
Enjoy the meltdown, hardware, software and psychological. :^)

Ok let's say i get the 8400 instead then, anything else I should swap out while i'm at it?

You'll probably 10 fps more *at best*. Is that really worth the $90-100 increase over the 8400? Also keep in mind that you'll need a significantly beefier cooler than you would for the 8400 because of that 5ghz OC. Not sure what your issue with AMD is, but for the money you're paying you're just wasting it needlessly.
Get a B360 or whatever mid tier Intel motherboards are called and get 2400mhz ram (or whatever the highest mhz the mid tier boards can handle).

Ryzen 3 2200g and RX 580gb or Ryzen 5 2400g and wait for the graphics card?

RX 580 8gb i forgot the 8

If you do get 2200g, don't get a brand new graphics card yet. The next zen cpus are right around the corner. Waiting is probably better than a new build from scratch, at this point of time.

>Doesn't spend on rgb
>Doesn't Spend less than $400 on a cpu
>Doesn't Spend less than $50 on a case
>Doesn't Spend less than $300 on a gpu
>Doesn't have 64 gigs of ram

Attached: 1535666691296s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

I mean, how badly do you need the graphics card?

is there a consensus on the best PC case here? im just looking for something purely practical, i dont care how ugly it may be

Attached: 1531178862832.jpg (400x433, 25K)

which ryzen has the best price/performance ratio?

Attached: 1518734161050.png (556x708, 378K)

I want my build to last for a while. I'm still in hs and i'm not going to be upgrading a lot or starting another build if i do the one im speaking of now

>best PC case
There is no best, it's all a case by case use basis.

What for? WT or PES are just fine on 2400G if that's all you need...

well what case do u have my man? how do u like it?

Choose a size format you want. It'll be easier to make suggestions based on that

Gmod online rp is the heaviest at the moment but ill probably get games like fallout 76 and other AAA titles in the future

NZXT H440. I would not recommend it, the intakes are very choked out by the front panels. There are better cases nowadays that are just as aesthetic. But Fractal, Coolermaster, NZXT, and Silverstone all make great cases in general.

HELP!

What is the port on the top right is for? It looks like its for SATA/PERIPHERAL but it says its for 6+2 PCIE.

Attached: 17-139-147-03.jpg (640x480, 19K)

i really dont know. im a beginner, and i have no idea what size all the parts are gonna be
ill look into those, thanks user

I draw a lot on pc and when I choose biger canvas my pc lags a lot. do I need a better graphics card, ram or cpu?

Attached: 1463333379245.jpg (500x500, 109K)

Looking for a practical budget keyboard, I'll mostly use it for gaming.

Attached: 1516511383413.jpg (564x376, 33K)

will also be using it for lots of school work

1800x vs 2700x for 1440p gaming. Worth the extra 80 Euros?

best way to do determine this is to run task manager while you're drawing the canvas and check your CPU, RAM, and GPU usage

If I buy I5-8600k and put it unto a B360 cheapset will it be fine?
I want to do no overclocking and use it with the default 3.6 GHz.
I just have a good deal on it only 10 bucks extra compared to 8500.
Or it requires Z310?

looks like the 6 pins are sata and the single 8 pin is pcie/cpu. you can tell because all the 6 pin connectors are the same (the shapes of each pin)

i have a 4770k. is it time to upgrade to 2700x? My rig still chooches all right, she still handles everything i throw at, but just a bit slow sometimes. I can wait till 7nm if that is going to be second coming of JC like amd shills are making out to.

>I5-8600k and put it unto a B360 cheapset will it be fine?
Get a 8400 then. If you're not overclocking then don't get a k-sku CPU. You're literally paying a premium in order to OC.

I'd reccomend holding off it's reasonable but today is the last day to get the TX 580 red dragon 8gb for 187 with the code on ebay so its hard to say what's better for you.

Your case format will determine what parts you get, so seeing as you're building from scratch you should choose the case size first

Pic related, these are the industry standard formats. ATX is what most people get; ITX saves space but you will be paying more for miniaturized technology as well as dealing with higher cpu tempuratures

Attached: xcomputer-case-sizes.jpg.pagespeed.ic.LglmnVI5Qh.jpg (560x420, 27K)

> Team T-FORCE
Are Jow Forums approved?

Attached: imgProducto.php.jpg (320x320, 22K)

Strongly reccomend phanteks p400 of it's in your budget, airflow is likely you're biggest concern so there are many 50 under cases that would be good for you.

Oh so it means the eztra CPU power and PCIe shares tye same port? Thankfully I don't need it.

Also explain why my previous Cx550m died. I may used the top right port for my graphic card somehow. Thank god the PSU died without taking my GPU and I got a new one from reseller. Really bad marking on the ports from Corsairs.

>Get a 8400 then. If you're not overclocking then don't get a k-sku CPU. You're literally paying a premium in order to OC.
8400k is 2.8 GHz, hard to believe 0.8 GHz makes no difference.

Yes

FX-9590 is 4.7 GHz

why are you lying to him? the performance is almost identical.
bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/cpus/amd-2nd-gen-ryzen-7-2700x-and-ryzen-5-2600x-review/6/

Attached: image.jpg (2048x1053, 125K)

my guess would be because video coming from the mother board like from an iGPU wouldn't benefit from it and HDMI is just fine for that scenario

Base clock is just how intel cheat on TDP marketing. They'll boost to similar frequency under load.

>If one ryzen gets 5 more fps than the other, then they are identical
>But if one shintel has 5 more fps than one ryzen, ayymd is finished and bankrupt
If the other user already has 1800x, he shouldn't get a 2700x with the new zens already round the corner. But if he wants to buy a new cpu altogether, it depends. 2700x has a better cooler.
Also, if he doesn't know why he'd want a 1800x or a 2700x, he should just get a 2600 and call it a day.

2400G would probably be usable on low, though I wouldn't expect stable 60 in the more demanding titles, especially those that don't use vulkan.

user with the original question here.
I currently have severe bottleneck on my 1080Ti (just got it yesterday). I am using a 4670k and it is maxed out at 1440p.
Already have a Noctua cooler so the stock cooler doesn't matter for me.

>bought an ASUS 1060 Dual OC
>set it up and get ready to test performance
>start testing
>all is good, zero noise
>fans start spinning up
>JET_ENGINES.mp3
>go to the store to get it replaced
>replacement is just as loud
Jeesus christ, Anons, why didn't you tell me that cheap 1060's were so fucking loud? Why the fuck did I fall for the shilling in those reviews? Are those people half-deaf?

Attached: 1060.jpg (640x480, 36K)

So RX 580? Also would it be better to get a non-G model and put the money towards the gpu?

set a fan curve, probably they run at full speed by default.

>cheap cards have cheap heatsinks with cheap fans
QUICK, CALL THE PRESS user!

if buying a GPU, sure, why not?

For gaming you're just doing a sidegrade getting the ryzen. At 1440p the it's your GPU that's limiting 1080ti or not. Turn down AA-settings and goywork you dont need them at 1440p.

35% are already too loud for my taste. I'm gonna return it.
I expected the reviews to be at least half honest about the noise levels. I should've known better. My 1050 ti gaming X was absoultely silent even when I played vidya for hours. This card gets too loud after 10 fucking minutes, and I'm a meter away from it, for fucks sake.

Shit Im considering to replace my 3 GB version with this. WTF this card is the single best selling card in my country. Guess I'll just bit it and get the strix version whose price is almost 1070 tier.

the CPU is maxed at 100% on all cores at some games. it stutters like crazy when it hits 100+ frames.

An RX 570 from where I am at costs ~$264.
What I am offering is this: you send me $370 and I'll purchase it for you. Then I will send it via USPS. If you want it door-to-door you'll have to gibs extra. Depending on your cunt's postal service, USPS may or may not be the best idea (USPS just transfers your shit to your local PO and they do the rest)

lol look at this pussy, try running vega 56 with 100% fans. I can hear that card one floor up lmao.

Check your local prices. Depending on where you are, you can just get a 2600/2600x and then sell it to upgrade to 7nm soon. However, you can still use them for a few years instead of directly upgrading.
Also, personalizing the game settings instead of pushing everything to ultra can work wonders. Even if you have the top-tier hardware, it never hurts to tweak a few things here and some. In some cases, tweaking settings gives better picture quality and better stability than default settings. Thought I'd mention it just in case.
Anyhow, even if you choose a 1st gen ryzen, the improvement will be noticeable.

>he didn't buy Sapphire
you asked for this user.

Don't do it. Get a card with better fans, more heatpipes, and a good heatsink.

Then more cores could be worth it. Also curious which game you play that maxed all 4 cores? Maybe try remove some bloat.

There was no sapphire card at launch

New question: should I just get a ryzen 3 to save money? I can upgrade my cpu in the somewhat near future, but I'm not spending money on something like a another gpu. Btw here is my build. It's my first and the budget is about $550. I'm also willing to buy used parts. I have the storage taken care of.

pcpartpicker.com/user/ThePianoMan0613/saved/gFPFt6

Is 3466 mhz ram worth $20 more over the 3200 for a Ryzen 2?

>2600 : 206 Euros
>1800X: 230 Euros
>2700X: 310 Euros

and sure, I don't have any problems with reducing settings but the GPU isn't even maxed and I want to justify the money I spent on it.

Dying Light, Rise of Tomb Raider, and I think Quake Champions is bottlenecked, it stutters at higher frames, I use Goy-Sync @ 165Hz so I am sure the stutter is from the higher frames. My older GTX 970 didn't stutter since it rarely maxed the CPU.

Thoughts on this mini-itx motherboard?
>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119143
I don't have a problem paying this much if it performs well

anyone know

what resolution you play at? and at that price, just get the 2600, the 2400G is worthless if you got a GPU.

2x 1080p is enough for daily use?
1440p is waaaaaay more expensive

The difference between the 1700 and 2700 is the same as the 6700k and the 7700k

There won't be a super Ryzen 8Ghz 16-core CPU like what AMD shills here on Jow Forums are wanking about

The 3700 will most likely be equal to the incoming 9900k and the 3700X will be significantly faster compared to it

If the 9900k is truly a beast like der8auer claims then AMD can kill the low end Threadripper line and bring 10-12 cores to the desktop

>it's an excuse to post guts episode

Attached: DSC_0326.jpg (3840x2160, 3.2M)

Is a ryzen 5 2600 a solid purchase or will the 3XXX series bring better performance/watt? Will a 2600 be obsolete in 5+ Years?
There are still 5 year old 4c/8t Intel chips that, while lacking, still perform reasonably well. Can I expect this from a 2600 as well? Will a 3600 be a better buy in 6 months time?

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-5-2600-review.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

>4 intake fans