*leaks memory*

Attached: file.png (740x400, 361K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=565797
bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=162211
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are gnome devs the most incompetent?

literally yes
I got an extra 2 hours of battery life and cpu ran 10C lower on my X201 when I switched from gnome to KDE

I wish linuxfags would focus all their autism on just a couple of distros. There are too many half assed forks and DEs.

Yeah.
How come a fucking DE that has no features can be so shit?
Like what are they even doing?

Attached: 569856.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>I wish linuxfags would cater to my needs specifically regardless of the fact I'm not going to use linux anyday because muh videogames

XFCE is rock solid.

writing a window manager in javascript seemed like a good idea at the time

are they gonna jump to gtk4 desu

A FUCKING
FOOT

So i see your running gnome

Attached: 1532866148761.jpg (783x800, 180K)

I like it. been using it for 2 years

Haha, right! It's written in a fucking JS (also C, c++, vala and python) what a clusterfuck.
While KDE is C++ and QML.

quit bumping the thread OP

>to KDE
>randomly crashes
>can't mass copy files
>feels like a cheap swiss army knife with 100 different blades that are good for fuck all

>QML
Is JS. They're simply optimized it good enough and using it less(in cpu cycles) than gnome.

Attached: file.png (651x291, 35K)

Right. But why GNOME uses python and vala? (C probably is left code from old days when GNOME was good)
Why not doing something like plasma 5
- a modeling (UI) language
- and one solid programming language

p.s. why use JS for desktop?

my dick is rock solid

Because fuck you. That's why. You will learn to love it.

I can't wait for gnome 4, and I hope they drop all legacy and unsafe code in favor of newer and better technologies like Javascript, Python and maybe Golang. it'd also be nice if they implemented support for JS frameworks in GTK itself, like better support for electron. literally can't wait

Oh well, time to learn JS.

Can someone explain to me what was the point of vala?
It feels like they want diversity of programming languages in GNOME.
We have some "old school" standards like C and C++, some easy to pick for women python, "my gender is my personality" tier JS and obscure "new" shit like vala.

Vala isn't even that new, lol.
It's dead by now.

Attached: 1438106242352.png (3940x3344, 1.1M)

>randomly crashes
It's been rock stable for over 2 years now. Learn how to install an operating system.
>can't mass copy files
If you're referring to the shitty reddit post about the idiot copy pasting 500 gigs of files over then you need to leave Jow Forums.
Not using a proper tool like rsync for an operation like that is just asking for trouble.
>feels like a cheap swiss army knife with 100 different blades that are good for fuck all
Funny considering footDE needs at least 5 extensions to be even usable.

Attached: 1535496135708.png (459x522, 431K)

>2006
Everything is "new" what appeared past 2000. Don't make me feel old.

Attached: SadDog.jpg (421x413, 37K)

*Runs over your dog, fucks your grandmother, steals your waifu, kicks sand in your face, and calls to a weeb faggot*

Attached: 300px-LXDE_desktop_full.png (300x225, 61K)

GNOME good

Fuck off faggots

Attached: muh_kde_diversity.png (587x510, 351K)

Clicking the clock in the top middle over and over also leaks memory.

>tripfagging
opinion discarded

fake news

Attached: noleak.webm (1280x720, 2.27M)

look at gnome-shell process while doing that

Wow. Nice argument about the quality of KDE software. Kill yourself Jow Forumstard

>defending gnome

Attached: 1532369763271.jpg (603x452, 46K)

KDE is dead now and forever

>Uses vile hateful kde
Found the sjw commie

This has to be the low, shitty post in 2010 comes a op in 2018 and has people posting.

You suck.

>gnome was better off when the Mexicans ran its.

>not looking at the shell pid
Fuck off and get a handle on memory mangement.

fuck I miss ubuntu

>kde fags beying mad at the foot

Attached: kdead.jpg (600x422, 53K)

what part of
>pissing in an ocean of piss
was unclear?

@67398055
What's the point of this test? This is just all hot air. Enjoy your less features, 4 gb idle ram usage, and no thumbnails

KDE is CUTE

Attached: 220px-KDE_Mascot_Konqi_by_Tyson_Tan[1].png (220x367, 45K)

@67398143
The point of the test was clearly to prove the superiority of Gnome over KDEead.

Enjoy your windows-like workflow. forever in the state of development and never finished software and being forced to use 5 different graphical toolkits just to get a basic desktop environment.
>b-bbubut thumbnails
great, one thing KDE managed to trump over the corporate-driven gnome development process.
Call me when it works on firefox.

PS. my gnome-shell process is still at 129Mo of memory after 4 days of uptime.
PPS. consider getting a job and buying yourself more memory if 4Go is a lot to you.

@67398734
Once again, what does that test prove? Literally nothing since gnome is a bloated pile of stuttery shit. Plasma looks decent and keeps getting new features and bug fixes while gnome continues to get stripped of features while using up more ram. 5 different graphical toolkits? What are you smoking you fucking footfag. You're argument about the ram is retarded. Base gnome ram usage is like 1-2 GB for no reason. And "buy more ram" isn't a valid reason. No reason to buy more ram if gnome doesn't use an obscene amount for no reason.

KDE is a girl!

Attached: gay dinosaur.png (558x891, 99K)

>using DEs
I'm sorry, but the ricefags have it right, if you're going to use linux, it's either Cinnamon, LXDE, or just using the terminal with all the pretty tiling windows

Windows basically mastered having a usable desktop, just use that and stop posing

KDE is an sjw. Not a cute dinosaur.

You should stop posting if you're gonna write uneducated garbage. Consider suicide

It is, isn't it

Attached: 1492565961.slychestnut_konqi_diapered.jpg (914x1280, 92K)

Yall a bunch of faggots.

I run GNOME shell on my home desktop and laptop (which run 24x7), my work laptop (runs 8x5, plus 24x1 on weekends to be backed up), my HTPC (launches Kodi) runs 12x7, etc.

Never have any issues. Stop larping faggots.

ABSOLUTE state of loonix

my xfdestop process is still at 53.6 mib after 4 days of uptime. gtfo gnomefag

Hope they actually go on to re write it on Rust. Performance will get much better. Then retarded "minimalist" design will be the only remaining problem.

Are you questioning xirs gender you fucking shitlord white piece of shit male?
Good thing Claudia Garad is making you white males unwelcome in KDE!!!

fr. xfce > footfagDE any day

Faggots such as yourself make me never wanna touch KDE again. Very unfortunate considering how comfy Plasma is these days.

* stalls you image *

bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=565797
>notice the year

REMINDER that some faggot donated ONE million to gnome in effect REWARDING those fags' bad behaviour!

KDE doesn't have a windows like workflow. Switch to icons only task manger and application dashboard and it works exactly like ubuntu unity. KDE gives you a choice in work flow and doesn't consume huge amounts of memory.

Could be worse
bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=162211

and this is why you don't over complicate things and use gnu's core utils

pcmanfm doesn't have this problem

>doesn't post anything relevant
You should definitely consider your own advice, first.

I don't know if they're incompetent really... it's just a case of their vision or the highway. It's not good enough to have an option to change behaviour, because that goes against their vision, so options are taken out or made hard to do.

last i heard they were talking about taking out themes

That post contradicts itself almost immediately. Off yourself my dude