Is Affinity Photo the Photoshop killer we've been waiting for? Are the days of Gimp finally over?

Is Affinity Photo the Photoshop killer we've been waiting for? Are the days of Gimp finally over?

Attached: Affinity-Photo-for-Windows.jpg (1920x1080, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gimp.org/docs/userfaq.html#i-do-a-lot-of-desktop-publishing-related-work-will-you-ever-support-cmyk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is there a linux version?

It's only Mac and Windows

GIMP is better.

what does it have over photoshop if it doesn't run on linux and isn't free?

But can it make awesome circles and shit like gimp?

Attached: Untitled.png (800x800, 343K)

>Are the days of Gimp finally over?
>It's only Mac and Windows

>/dev/null

>no CMYK support
>no layer styles
>no adjustment layers
>no smart filters
>no clipping masks
>gradient maps can't be edited after being applied
>can't edit rotated text without losing your rotation
>can't select multiple layers at once
>no shape tool

i tried out designer but eh.. i like coreldraw better

Where is the torrent?!

Attached: 1482471662335.png (354x367, 255K)

Do people unironically use GIMP for real work?

>>no CMYK support

this sounds utterly fake, and who fucking cares? install a proper color profile on the printer target and it jus werks.

yes

Hey brainlet

gimp.org/docs/userfaq.html#i-do-a-lot-of-desktop-publishing-related-work-will-you-ever-support-cmyk

gimp 2.10 you can adjust gradients on the image, with the gradient editting tool, or by dragging nodes right on the image. As soon as you move a node, the current gradient becomes the new custom gradient, which you can duplicate and rename.
Cymk is pretty much irrelevent, there's other free software that can generate a cymk profile, modern printers can do it, and there's a gimp plugin that let's you make ajustments.
Is that other shit you mentioned just photoshop's name for things that gimp can do too?

so what's your point? CMYK is for children who can't color manage on their target anyhow.

>Is Affinity Photo the Photoshop killer we've been waiting for?
I don't know. You're the one advertising it.
>Are the days of Gimp finally over?
No, because Affinity is proprietary.
Ask again when they open source it.

iOS too, iToddlers can now get another art app

Hey, at least now we know where the adobe shills who've never used gimp get there criticisms of it from...5 year old posts on gimp forums.

>gimp
>circle
wew lad

gimp is a joke without a punchline

It doesn't have some of the tools of Photosohp and automatically loses the plethora of industry standard plugins that Photoshop has.

But as a base product it's pretty nice.

If by "real work" you mean the typical unemployed "work" done by the average Jow Forums user, yes.

It's absolutely renowned for its ability to create logos for dead Jow Forums projects.

>Cymk is pretty much irrelevent

Freetards ladies and gentlemen, these are the people who like to lie and pretend anyone uses their trash in the actual professional industry.

Fuck off

Now we wait for the Premiere/AfterEffect killer, so Adobe can actually die.

irfanview supports photoshop plugins.

>Premiere
Sony Vegas my friend

I thought Final Cut 7 was the industry standard?

blimp

What century are you living in, man? Final Cut 7 is standard in maybe the 2 man crew hyper indie industry. No one uses that shit on large projects.

Then again, they tend to not use Premiere either.

I've been using the DaVinci Resolve beta for a while now. While I'm sure it's not industry worthy is has been excellent for small scale, freelance work.

I don't know if Blackmagic is literally black magic or if Adobe can't code for shit to make use of your hardware or what but Resolve renders out my final H264 videos MUCH faster than Premiere.

>CMYK is for children who can't color manage on their target anyhow.

t. Person who has never done a print design commission

The fuck are you on about? Final Cut 7 was absolutely industry standard in the film industry at one point.

False. Avid Media Composer has always been the Hollywood industry standard for editing. There have been other editors that have made inroads, but Avid is the stronghold.

Attached: Avid_2.png (1920x1200, 1.32M)

Do people actually use Affinity as an alternative to Adobe CC? I'm all for out-jewing Adobe, but their software is "industry standard" for a reason...

K R I T A

I bought affinity photo , I like it but I dunno if its better than Photoshop, ive not had much exp with PS in the past, mostly used gimp

Nobody ever said it's better than Photoshop, they just want to know if it's a viable alternative.

Forget about gimp.

Just use WINE if it's so good ;^^^^))))

Piss off

very nice. however...

Attached: how to make a circle in gimp in 2018.webm (600x600, 2.59M)

might as well use photoshop under wine then

>Reasons why I need CYMK:
>1 ...

>other shit you mentioned just photoshop's name for things that gimp can do too?
Gimp doesn't currently have adjustment layers, or lens as corel calls them, or non-destructive editing as GIMP will call it when implemented, which will be soon I hope.

And they say GIMP is not user friendly.

Attached: cat_hat.jpg (563x563, 26K)

>No, because Affinity is proprietary.
This, the whole idea of GIMP is to have an open source equivalent, theres also Krita but the devs seem to focus more on digital painting than photograph editing

They fall back to YouDon'tNeedThat(TM) ten times more often than Macfags.

Google:
>gimp
>29 million results
>photoshop on wine
>44 million results

Attached: 1352402985280.jpg (300x295, 24K)

Fake image, blacks don’t know how to use computers.

MS Paint is better than gimp, anyway Krita exists so we can forget about the abomination that is gimp

Attached: F13E7E95-4B3A-4900-9672-77EC512379CC.gif (380x285, 1.97M)

These idiots have never heard of krita, I have sincerely tried to use gimp in production many times but always had to use anotherogra, because gimp was so infuriating. It’s kinda sad when a website does a better job than gimp psdfiddle.com

>Photoshop killer
>Affinity Photo is a proprietary raster graphics editor, developed for macOS, iOS and Windows

You are fucking high.

I have on multiple occasions. Usually I only write code but occasionally I need to make images for the program

Problem officer?

>After Effects
Hitfilm Pro. It doesn't have the rotobrush tho

For photo editing? Sure
For drawing (which is still not the point of PS)? Krita if youre a drawfag, CSP/Sai if youre a buyfag/piratefag

Also, Affinity Designer seems to be quite decent compared to Illustrator, but it gets goofy with the rulers and all the clicking

>but their software is "industry standard" for a reason...
Aside from certain legit reasons (muh quixel and photobashing in the case of photoshop), it is just service support and meme circlejerking just like some of autodesk stuff. Thats it.

Um, no, sweety

Attached: .png (795x500, 97K)

Affinity still isn't an alternative to CC.
They only have Photo (alt to PS) and Designer (alt to AI).

Krita is pretty fkn cool too.

Attached: peace___by_tysontan-d760n42.png (1000x750, 478K)

They also got Publisher (in beta)

more like Shitra

Krita made me a FURRY

Attached: 1514258076442.jpg (329x343, 22K)

Attached: kiki_s_plastic_model___low_angle_rear_view_by_tysontan-dbi250r.jpg (1600x1065, 178K)

>photo editing
>real work
nice

kys

gimp, krita are better and free

Who is this literal who?

Attached: 1488377965246.jpg (616x425, 18K)

Well, "krita" literally translates to "crayon" in swedish

I prefer thicker thighs

>gimp
>better
Idiot.

Only for drawing, nigger. But yeah, it's good.

It fucking sucks and only ones reasonably working are older versions.

>gimp
>better
Please stop eating feces.

OP you humongous slack-jawed faggot, who cares about just another software for Wangblows and that other dumb shit for hipsters and fashionkikes, we need something on Linux. Adobe suite stuff is literally only thing forcing me to dualboot now.

Attached: 1525853643404.png (417x234, 87K)

Yeah. Lots of people need something quick for image editing in their work. Generally professional graphic designers out professional artists don't use it, but lots of programmers, IT, office drones and accountants need some image editing, and it does the trick.

aaaaand back to cs6.

Attached: cancer.jpg (410x152, 20K)

No. Requires the W7-killer update KB2670838.

Attached: Photo_2018-09-01_12-59-49.png (457x184, 46K)