What's your current job?

What's your current job?

How much are you making?

Is IT a meme?

Attached: 1504656460653.jpg (344x473, 39K)

What's your current job?
>35T
How much are you making?
>E-2
Is IT a meme?
>yes

I went to university in the us and completed a CS degree with a 3.0 GPA. I just graduated, I'm making 50k a year

Working at a movie theater and volunteering at a nearby community college's IT department. 20 hour weeks and schoolwork. It's alright.

I'm in the same 'MOS' and rank as you, but Air Force. 3D0X2

Coolio

I'm a RN and make $88k, it's a shit job but I'm able to save a lot of money while I still live with my parents. Eventually I want to switch to another profession.

>Is IT a meme?
No. My moron coworkers call you people to fix the simplest things. They probably earn $55-60k at my hospital so they're making like 20% less than me but have 90% less stress so it seems like a fair trade off.

>What's your current job?
Site Reliability Engineer
>How much are you making?
120k/yr
>Is IT a meme?
It is if you don't also learn to program. I can do the work of 100 wintel sysadmins myself through code

Retail PC Repair
$15
>Is IT a meme?
Eh, helpdesk-esque stuff is, dealing with dumbshits all day. Corporate IT (not helpdesk) might get a bit better, and hopefully that's where I'm going.

khv NEET
-$8600 in crypto

DevOps/SRE Intern
~10k$ but it's ok for life without finance support from parents
Universities for IT are memes.

I got an offer for pharmacology for 75k the other day but I'm afraid.

>-$8600 in crypto
Where did you get the money from in the first place?

My brother gave me $500, I made that much, and proceeded to lose it all

im unemployed, any rich fags wanna help out?

Sorry for your loss then user, should have pulled out of the meme earlier, would have financed your neet life for a bit longer.

Get your TS if you haven't already. Easy six figure job when you get out.

I have it already for my job

>Retail PC Repair
How is that industry doing? I was thinking of opening up a repair business, but last time I checked they make most of their money from virus removal and stuff, and Windows defender is actually good now.

I'm going for my bsn right now. Just got done with first year of pre-reqs. Any advice? I'm also weighing out trying to go to med school afterwards.

starting cs this year

It's mostly people with stupid problems. Every now and then there is a hardware issue but we ship those out to be repaired if it's more than RAM or HDD (for laptops at least).
Most of our tools are automated so there isn't too much to do other than clicking buttons and telling me you don't work for Microsoft/Google/Apple so you can't reset their account.

Good shit. You staying in or getting out after your first contract?

Restaurant co-owner.
The equivalent of 55K a year.
It's as easy as it sounds if you train the people under you to do most of your stuff and convince them it's their responsibility the restaurant keeps running (it's not).

Senior Data Engineer

100k p/yr + 50% match on any 401k contribution

Fuck yeah it's a meme. I'm a glorified devops engineer with knowledge in ML. Get to work from home every day on top of it.

What's your current job?
IT Technician at an MSP

How much are you making?
$12/he, full-time
Is IT a meme?
Fuck yes

AF user here, got my interim but waiting on TS. Probably gonna do a second contract desu I like it here. Then looking for 6 figure jobs outside of the military later

Oh shit user I thought I had it bad.

what can i do to make sure i can get work as soon as possible as a CS student? i want to get a job at latest after my 1st year is over but preferably during, but you learn basically only math. what skills can i learn on my own?

That seems like an interesting job, you just work on automation a lot all day?

probably getting out after my five years

3D1X2 E-4 here, making *money* living overseas.
Works out to about $72k before taxes at a normal job, living in England.

Straight out of highschool no qualifications, first job

>Smartphone / laptop repair
>$27,000

Attached: 1535318009440.jpg (813x1402, 342K)

Interim is fine. The companies just want you to have it. AF is chill af. I'm currently up at Thule. I do satellite stuff. Ex-Army.

Did you post in one of these threads before? I seem to remember talking to someone with your same job title about how traditional network engineering is slowly but surely getting squashed for automated solutions.

I code in my free time as a hobby (nothing special) because gaming ended up being boring after 20ish. As a real job im a beekeeper/farmer and I make around 35k euro per year.

Be glad you got a job straight out of highschool with no qualifications
It took me 3 years to find a part time job at walmart pushing shopping carts
I had industrial first aid level 2, forklift license, pleasure craft operators license, work experience with forestry, fisheries, and the mayor on my resume as a reference
Still pushing carts 4 years later
No life savings
No insurance
No family that cares
No friends
I want to die

I'll be your friend.

not it related but if you get your license as an insurance producer and work customer service you can get paid well. Geico pays the most but their fucking employee policies are rediculus stupid

Join the military, idiot.

IDK if you're still here, I took a nap.

Advice? Not really, you'll have no problem finding a job. Maybe volunteer in different settings to see what setting you want to work in (L&D, ED, visiting nursing, etc.). I wouldn't go to medschool, just go for a PA if you want to switch.

Any reccommendations concerning literature about Data Sience?

afraid of what?

senior sw dev for stuff that goes in cars
120k/year

Did IT as a side job while in college, didn't seem too meme-y. That was also like... 10 years ago

>senior sw dev for stuff that goes in cars
Infotainment or can-bus?

What state? That's absolutely shit starting

what does that mean? Everything is on the CAN bus, even infotainment.
I work on the driver aid bs like lane assist, ACC, parking.

IT contractor
just over 300 quid a day
it's not a meme

Welfare
950 a month

You said software. Could be making the android/ios bullshit for all I know.

NWT

Thanks fo the advice, I'm already signed on to do a CNA course offer the fall to make me more competitive applicant.

IT & telephone technician
40k/yr
>Is IT a meme?
definitely

Nigga I make more than that working at the grocery store

is it worth going to university just for internships and and a degree?

This. #metoo
Hadoop is a meme.
Work from home , and fap to lolli all day!

This thread proves...any dumbass can install gentoo.

Attached: 1527575906339.jpg (480x480, 28K)

how do i get into this field ._.

if you truly already know everything you would learn in that degree even more so. You'll be guaranteed to graduate top of your class then.

look for a better job :^)
LINK IT IN!

It's easier to get a job with a CS degree but it's possible to get one without. HR filters out a lot of non degree holders though. If you go to college def get an internship. I learned more in my one internship than I did in my classes for sure

apply at jobs at warehouses or industrial plants, they pay better than wal mart and will likely offer insurance

helpesk level 1 & 2
>Is IT a meme?
i guess, its a lazy job so you can get places easily if you aren't lazy.

Yeah become even bigger slave for the jews

75k for helpdesk? Where do you live/work?

Australia. Working for the government. Government pays way more than private sector and I cant lose my job because im a permanent employee now, my manager earns 85k and my managers manager earns 110k

Ah that explains it. AU's economy is inflated as fuck. Isn't your minimum wage like $21 an hour?
Over here it's the opposite: government pays shit compared to private. But we also hate anything publicly funded.

average is about 18-20. economy is inflated and house prices are 10x the cost & pc parts are almost double the price of americas so it evens out i guess.

What's your current job?
>CTN (Cryptologic Technician Networks)
How much are you making?
>E-3
Is IT a meme?
>do you like working with printers and windows user accounts? my IT rated colleagues seem to.

I lived in Melbourne for a few months awhile back and it was ridiculous.

>not navy reservist to get all the training, credits, and top secret clearance + free school anywhere
you like having a tiny bank account, don't you

Melbourne is ridiculously expensive, sydney is worse. gold coast or adelaide is where you want to live if come back, not over crowded, can drive places, pays good, house prices aren't inflated like melb or sydney.

Civilian contractor for USAF
~$80K before taxes
>Is IT a meme?
Yes

Attached: F15B_SMTD_cutaway.jpg (992x551, 97K)

I'll keep that in mind but the US doesn't make it easy for expats.

Systems Engineer
$100k with my bonus
>Is IT a meme?
Meh, depends on what you do. I spend an unreasonable amount of my day on random websites.

It's 10k$ per month.

>I make 50k monopoly canuckbucks a year
I got 90k usd a year doing trade labor

embedded engineer
no

tfw

Attached: crush_cover-7792.png.jpg (500x500, 77K)

>implying

>>What's your current job
Seagull
>>How much are you making?
Seagull
>>Is IT a meme?
CAW!!!!

My buddy is out at Beale making a bit over $90k as a Red Hat admin.
What do you do?

$45k help desk, cost of living is low for me even with a house, 2 cars, etc. Not going to complain. I have already been doing Admin level items and I just dont need to deal with that shit so kinda idled. Plan to cert in newer shit in 2020. Basically blow up the old resume with current year items. 8 years on last job and then 7 years on current job. I think I have good options available.

I work on software for the MQ-9

Get off my lawn, stupid bird!

IT

$90k USD/yr

>Is IT a meme?

you are some stupid fuck born sometime after the 1980's, then yes - please go take college loans to learn how make shitty java code and go into development

Nice.

Haven't decided between GS, contractor, or totally out of the government world after my enlistment is done.

IT Consultant

50k straight out of college, will probably go for like 70k next year.

Depends in what field

Go intel
My buddy works in the DIA, he makes a shitload

Gypsy beggar
>Is IT a meme?
Yes

Based and red pilled

Doing IT work?
I mean I have my TS/SCI so if the pay is good, and they'll hire me, why not?

Medical production engineer

meme af

You're in Canada? That explains it. Why don't you apply for jobs in the US

>IT Consultant
>$50k Straight outta college lul
My nigga, you don't have ANY experience in the IT world. College ain't shit.

Attached: 1535415443823.png (478x456, 407K)

>E2
E4(p) 25N here, suck both my TCNs and my dick.

you may not see this advice, user, but to anyone working as a CTN, remember that even though you are comparatively smart and educated compared to your enlisted coworkers, you are still a script kiddie grunt at the end of the day. 6 months of ION doesnt make you l33t.

>College ain't shit.
t. IT

CAW!

Get a real estate license. You can get one in a week and be making thousands a month off just a couple sales. Stick to high end properties only and you will make it.

Front-end Dev Intern
>Is IT a meme?
Dunno, except the fact that their stock keeps rising every year.