32 cores

>32 cores
>but half of the cores are gimped
>AMD won't jew consumers out
Heh...

Attached: TR2 vs EPYC v2.png (4877x2922, 2.11M)

>OP isn't retarded
Heh...

Dude nobody cares baka just kys crybaby

Give me one GOOD REASON why AMD removed direct memory access to the 2 dies

To not cannibalize EPYC, most prosumers won't need such massive bandwidth anyway, Phoronix benchmarks prove how even with only two channels the TR2990WX wrecks everything in it's price point

INTLEL SHILLS BTFO

>J-J-J-J-JUST WAIT FOR INTLEL 28 CORE
>$10000
AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAH

>threadripper
>consumer

Threadripper is for retards with too much money.

Consumers buy consumer grade chips, not gimmicks like threadripper lol.

>To not cannibalize EPYC
Actually, just to retain compatibility with old X399 boards. What threat to Epyc is a 1S high clocking, high TDP, unregistered memory CPU? There's no real cannibilization happening just because they have the same core count. X399 just doesn't have 8ch memory, because the 1950x only had 2 dies active, so only 4 memory channels. Since they weren't sure if they could or would ship the 2990WX last year, they didn't spec out X399 boards for 8ch memory. So, the boards are only wired for 4.

?

But we already know that a 8180 is more powerfull than a 2990wx

How so?

We have tests of the 2990WX reaching 6200 points in Cinebench, 8180 does 7000.
This seems to be the case for other benchmarks aswell.
Additionaly the architecture of TR has disadvantages for certain use cases.

Yeah while running a 1kW industrial cooler to keep it from exploding, nice try inlel

The fact that this actually works with little performance degredation over octochannel Epyc in most use cases in Linux is actually amazing, you retard.

And it's not like they've mislead anyone to how it works for TR.
Everyone buying this part knows it's octochannel, and it's the lack of having enough memory channels for so many cores which holds it back more than simply the fact that half the cores aren't directly connected to memory.

hey guys i know you don't need octochannel ram and 128 pcie lanes so here's half of that for less - oh my god what are you doing stop masturbating please stop screaming

LIES!

Attached: blacked.png (1228x1502, 944K)

I am not talking about that one I am talking about the currently availabe 8180 Platinum you tard.

This one?

Attached: AMD-Threadripper-2990WX-LN2-5.1-GHz-Benchmarks.jpg (711x457, 45K)

It's the same chip user...

They would have to release a new socket to enable octa memory so they may as well wait for ddr5/pcie4 before releasing X499.

Intel demo was a one in a gorillion weapon-grade plutonium tier engineering sample 8180. And it still lost to kikeripper.

wait for 10nm :^(

>Give me one GOOD REASON why AMD removed direct memory access to the 2 dies

Given that the Threadripper platform only supports 4 channel DDR4, having a 4 die MCM means you can either get 1+1+1+1 channels or 2+2+0+0 channels.

Since most users probably won't use 100% of their cores 100% of the time, is makes sense to give fewer cores more fast local bandwidth when fewer threads are running.

This is not rocket science.

How many of you actually own a threadripper 32core ?

Post proof too.

It would need octo channel DDR4

Wait for Ryzen 7nm.

Each CCX will have then 8 cores.

It has nothing to do with bandwidth you retard it has to do with latency. Its as if you dont know what NUMA is.

fbpb

bump

You have a choice: ludicrously fast ram access or high CPU clocks.

>Threadripper is for retards with too much money.
Threadripper isn't for average consumers, dumbass.

What are you? Poor?

>disable the die that is closer to the working die
Great work AMD

did you even look at the diagram you posted? the dies that aren't connected to memory in the threadripper cpu are connected to the 3rd/4th channel on each side, TR isn't octo-channel and you'd be here posting like a retard complaining about TR being octo-channel with these expensive memory prices if it were

>retards with too much money
Sound more like generic incel customers here.

/thread

> not turning it into a quantum supercomputer with a bit of graphite
Isn't this the new meme?

Linux handles NUMA far better than NT, up to 470% better on the 2990WX depending on which benchmark you look at.

nah, it'll be 4 or maybe 6, but we don't actually know anything at the moment

Threadripper is the class for desktop consumers
EPYC is the class for datacenters and extreme professionals

The fact that they even offered 32cores on TR platform with the PCIe and RAM restricted is amazing.