Manjaro Linux is currently number one on distro watch

Manjaro Linux is currently number one on distro watch.

Should I just assume this is the best distro out there currently? Is there anything wrong with it?

Attached: 800px-New_logo_tex.png (800x204, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spins.fedoraproject.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's Arch for retards

It's ok, I use it and it's nothing special. I got it because I hate using apt and rolling release is nice

Pretty much this, but it's not a bad thing at all. It's great for beginners such as myself, but not extra as fuck like Bantu and mint

Manjaro is shit
Use regular Arch, Debian, Gentoo, or Slackware if you're not a faggot

> Gentoo, or Slackware
It will be a misery if you use your PC for anything except web browser.

>Using gentoo for retards
>Which itself is LFS for retards

Which in itself, is Unix for retards

Yes, you can assume, Manjaro is the best

>muh you are retarded if you are not autistic enough to install OS by typing obscure commands into terminal

Aren't the BSDs technically the continuation of Unix?

You should assume you're an idiot for not understanding what the rankings on DistroWatch mean

ass u me

true niggas compile kernels on pi's

Clearly the rankings show which distros are objectively better.

arch with an installer, slick theme, and a freeze on packages until deemed stable(or after a set amount of time). AUR is dangerous, and just like arch, pacman is plenty capable of causing you headaches. Manjaro also has a history of negligence with maintenance and security.

If by nigga you mean poorfag then sure

Windows 7 user here
What happened to Ubuntu?

Distrowatch ranks distros based on hits to their homepage. Manjaro automatically sets their homepage as your default home when you install. That's how they were able to inflate their numbers and reach that point. They are definitely not the most used Linux distro.

Manjaro is pretty good though, if you want Arch but don't want to spend all day installing/configuring it.

>arch
>top anything

Attached: b5yMecQ.png (1230x768, 186K)

It's backdoored by Microsoft

It's still around. Probably one of if not the most widely used desktop distributions.

is this more worthless distrowatch stats?

Proof?

>he hates using the nicest package manger to exist

it's arch for people who need an os and want to move on with their lives

I tried installing Manjaro a week ago and switched to Ubuntu because of black screen reboot after installing nvidia and i didn't have problem this on ubuntu.

i installed manjaro on an 2015 elite book i got for nothing cus it didn't have an hdd or charge cable.
xfce distro seems good to me. i'm letting my gf use it and she loves it and has never used anything besides windows and her piece of shit cheap android phones.

Attached: leetbook.png (1600x900, 813K)

No it claims to be more stable arch, but they update only some parts of a program, and fuck the dependency or they update dependencies first and don't update the other program's packages that cause it to fail.

it is for retards, because only retards could not google arch script, and install arch with TUI.

arch is not for people with shit to do, name a single productive use of arch that's not just vim in an xterm

I'm still salty about Manjaro cuz it's full of small bugs here and there that all together makes it being shit, it's like they never test it, and sometimes even big ass distro-breaking bugs happen (once an important KDE file was missing (not the fault of KDE devs, mind you) wich made impossible to log on KDE. Had to reinstall the system.

the ABSOLUTE state of loonix

Manjaro served me well for 6 months and then it collapsed beyond repair.

I'm back on Debian for good.

Systemd, uses 32GB disk, eats ur family

you're better off just installing arch if you're serious about linux in the long term. it's not that difficult and you've got the advantage of knowing everything that goes on on your system. the rolling release model will eventually break something and you're going to have to fix it.

i did use antergos for a while though and that was alright. if you're using any rolling release distro though you've pretty much already established that you're interested in computing as a hobby and don't mind fixing things. and things will break a lot.

best no-systemd distro?

Post pape

>starts using Microsoft office
>immediately gets more popular on distrowatch

>rolling release
>fast startup
>stable
it's great, like opensuse tumbleweed but this one actually works. The Cinnamon spin is comfy af

voidlinux
*BSD

Attached: yotsuba_1920.jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

dxvk creator uses arch, because it's easier to install the required dependencies (and get new wine).

>things will break a lot
People exaggerate a lot when talking about the stability of rolling distros. I used arch/void for over a year and only had a single minor issue with x freezing when i would log out.

It's arch for people who don't have 30 hours to sit around typing obscure commands into a terminal.

Although the devs are hell-bent on making it less like arch, like they are now ocnsidering removing pacman

No printer drivers.

can't copy paste unless I use cryptic terminal commands

Been using Manjaro for a while. It just works.

Removing pacman from the system by default. It's gonna take years since they need to improve pamac first, and in the eventual removal, you can still install pacman back.

ah, double retards

Manjaro or Antergos? What's the difference?

BSD was Berkley Software Division's modification of Unix, so basically and early fork before the kernels and OSes got forked every five seconds.

You mean pacman?

Sure, as long as you're not using X :^)

Arch is a poser shit for clowns by definition, why the fuck one would want a hi level shite on top of a chroot shite.

If you want to go deeper try Gentoo, FreeBSD. If you just want a reliable system use Debian, Ubuntu and its flavours, or Fedora / CentOS.

Yes, I know it's a 2 second fix, but if they keep making dumbass decisions to address their own NIH syndrome, I will switch to something else.

Hopefully someone can do to Manjaro what Mint did to Ubuntu, minus the shit DE.

Attached: appleII.jpg (550x374, 40K)

>he doesn't use Debian

>run installed by default firefox
>download some file
>press "open containing folder"
>manjaro unsuccessfully tries to open file instead
>"just works"

That would be retard^2 actually

Why do people think LFS, Gentoo, and Arch are similar?

It kernel panics if you dual-boot and upgrade grub2 from the other OS. Manjaro uses 2cool5u grub2 settings. I've had to reset the grub2 settings at a machine I used at work, and on my laptop I scrubbed the system before I knew what was wrong.

I used Manjaro for a month or so. I had a botched kernel update so I decided to install something else. I ended up going with Fedora (xfce spin). Manjaro wan't bad, but I like Fedora much more. dnf is a better package manager than pacman.

As others have said, being at the top of distrowatch doesn't mean it is the best, it just means that it is popular. The nice thing about Linux is that you can sample as much as you like, so go nuts.

>xfce spin
It's a DE, not a spin.

Manjaro is using the neutered non-root version of KDE, Tried it for a day on my machine, it hosed itself on the very first update. Tumbleweed is a better RR.

who the fuck uses distrowatch any more? manjaro is ok.

Yeah, Fedora calls any iso with a DE that is not Gnome a "spin".

You can install XFCE on the Gnome iso if you want.

>#1 distro watch

do u listen to tiobe when they say delphi is #12 most popular language?

For sure, you could install a variety of desktop environments if you wanted. I knew I was going to use xfce so thats what I downloaded from the get go. It is just the terminology they use.

Well it's wrong.

What would be proper usage?

DE. Fedora with (DE) as default DE.

I should have specified further. Proper use of "spin".

spins.fedoraproject.org/

If the OS had been changed significantly. Then it would be a spin.

Lemonade Stand players rise up

Xubuntu or death.

Attached: varg_vikernes_large_1270121283_crop_550x403.jpg (550x403, 76K)

I installed Manjaro to replace Linux Mint, but it became a headache.

With Mint every just werks (except hibernation, because fuck my laptop battery) but with Manjaro, I spent hours trying to find solutions to get programs to install with no luck.

if I am windows babby should I just install debian with trinity de?

xfce is a better de for a more windows kinda de, uses more ram though

no arch updates break your system every week
doesnt happen with manjaro
arch is for retards

Manjaro breaks on it's own every month.
It might install ez, but you cannot have it be "up to date" with the repo for longer than a month without experiencing graphical glitches, or repo going bat shit crazy due to broken by default gpg keychain in manjaro.
The only time I had an issue with arch, was when I didn't read the news and some wine+freetype2 shiet happend and one had to install older version of freetype2.

Mx linux

>xfce
>Not Manjaro KDE aka ManDE