Other than fanboyism or paranoid scaremongering...

Other than fanboyism or paranoid scaremongering, is there a reason to buy AMD when you get equivalent total performance and far better single-thread performance from an Intel CPU of the same tier?

Attached: AMD-vs-Intel-1.png (1200x650, 646K)

AMD doesn't have sixty million vulnerabilities to come

I said other than fanboyism and paranoia.

SOPA

all else equal, why give money to assholes?

Better price
Better multithread
Can OC on all boards

The AMD chips don't need to be delidded and have liquid metal squirted under the heat spreader to get acceptable thermals.

Don't need to delid AMD

you don't need a new motherboard each time a new CPU is released

You don't need to delied Intel.

Why do you buy a new CPU every time one's released?

/thread

lmao
pooshitter 2 needs a literal chiller for cooling

Attached: heatripper.jpg (213x141, 9K)

bang for buck and fine wine
shit is being compiled with zen in mind now and the win10 scheduler might one day not be complete shit

Jesus fucking Christ kiketel shills are the most brainwashed shitters to ever plague Jow Forums

Attached: DELID.png (2518x1024, 468K)

SOPA DEEZ NUTZ HEHEHE AMIRITE?

>high refresh rate gaymen
intel

>literally any other purpose
amd

they're soldered, you low-info /v/ermin

Exploits with POCs are not paranoia and the mitigations required for those exploits reduce your single core performance to less than AMD in every metric.

Link to a soldered skylake/kabylake sku?

t. cts labs from israel

Not having to buy a brand new motherboard every time a new arch is released and better integrated video chips.

>you get equivalent total performance and far better single-thread performance
Well, I don't. But if you do then great. Here the i5-8500 is slightly more expensive than the R5 2600 and the R5 2600 has significantly faster total performance. The Intel CPU has faster single-core, which is true, but that doesn't actually mean anything to me since I never have to wait for anything that doesn't use all available cores anyway.

There's no reason to have brand loyalty, just look at price/performance. That became slightly difficult recently, though. The latest Intel CPU problem disclosed on the 14th this month has a lot of performance impact, the new Intel microcode on the latest Linux kernel has a HUGE performance impact on Intel. So you have to cut 10-20% off existing benchmarks..

Attached: intel-performance-drop.png (1286x1767, 382K)

the shills are full power today

Attached: 1497779849086.jpg (1906x1536, 863K)