ITS OVER INTEL IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

ITS OVER INTEL IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

Attached: AMD TSMC 7nm HPC.png (632x196, 20K)

>all those fags saying Zen 2 would only hit 4.7 on TSMCs low power 7nm node

Ayyyy

>tfw just bought an R5 2600 to replace my Intel i5 sandbrige

Kill me

sell the 2600 when zen2 comes out, they use the same socket

IT'S OVER INTLEL IS FINISHED

INTLEL SHILLS BTFOREVER

Attached: 1534595224911.png (807x867, 343K)

Chill nigger, AM4 will support zen2, just update your bios when they come out.

That's an avantage over incel

TSMC produces both low power and high performance 7nm transistors, it's on their site.

High
Performance
Computing

Everyone assumed AMD would be using TSMC LP node because GloFo's licensed 14nm process was also LP

based

I don't really know what this means but based, Intlel BTFO

can't wait for new liquid cooling overclocl records

current world recird is 8,5GHz with AMD FX-8320 or something I think

10GHz barrier inc

Intel if you're reading this; kys

Zen and Zen+ used the LP(low power) GlobalFoundries process(meant for smartphone/laptop chips), this is why zen and zen+ didn't clock as high as competing chips.

Zen 2 is going to use the HPC(High Power Computing) TSMC process, meaning better clock and higher instructions per second.

So for Zen 2 the whole "Yeah the cores but it gets BTFO single core by Intel" goes out the window then? AMD will just bring 8+ cores with higher IPC and high clocks?

yes, along with the improvements that the new architecture brings

Higher IPC and better clocks with close the gap with Intel in single threaded applications.

Why wonder if Zen 2 will be compatible with AM4 and the current chipsets.

Attached: 1455310099851.jpg (354x238, 17K)

So due to Zen 1 being built on a low power process meant for mobile uses, does that mean we can expect to see a power requirement increase with Zen 2 to offset the move to a less efficient high performance process?

It's guaranteed. AMD said am4 is supported until 2020 which includes zen 2 as well as 3

My wallet is ready.

My guestimate is that they will increase IPC enough to be level with Intel in most applications (right now they are level in some but behind in others). At the same time, they'll hit maybe 4.6 GHz stock frequencies and 4.8-4.9 overclocks.

Essentially instead of getting 90% single-threaded performance and 150% multithreaded performance compared to Intel, it'll be more like 98%/160%.

Im confused about what their new video cards will be; there is discussion of Vega 20 and Polaris 7nm. I need an adult.

Attached: question6.png (1902x1076, 481K)

Will I need to buy a better mobo?

I had a strict budget when I built my Ryzen system and had to cheap out with a B350 and it seems to have really bitten me in the ass. It's perfectly stable at stock and stable in most applications with a 3.7ghz overclock 1700 but if I try and render at any clock speed above stock, it just instantly crashes to a black screen, even if I give it a lot more voltage.

It also refuses to run my RAM (Which is on the qualified vendors list) at the listed 3200mhz speed, it just bootloops if it goes above 2133 at all.

Seen a lot of people report these same problems on their forums.

I bought a 1600 for $140 instead because I have every intention of upgrading when Zen 2 comes out.

Vega 20 is enterprise only and AMD would not sell more HBM2 cards to consumers because of HBM2's extremely high cost, they also wouldn't bother putting Polaris on 7nm because 7nm costs more to fab with due to low yields until next year

I want a really low power zen cpu, liek embedded low power.

Why is only intel selling low power soc motherboards.

You lost the silicon lottery, zen 1 is known to poorly overclock, if it's not stable over 3.7 ghz it's not because of your mobo but the CPU

RAM is harder to overclock than a CPU, loosen up the timings and increase the voltage to 1.35 V, don't go above 1.4
I managed to get my 2133 RAM to a stable 2666 mhz without any trouble.

But the B350 chipset is more than enough

do AMD cpus pair better with AMD GPUs? like do they throttle nvidia or some shit on purpose? 7nm sounds but I have had many bad experiences with AMD gpus

Okay now this is epic

No they don't throttle nvidia

AMD produce low to mid tier GPUs anyway

what the hell does that even mean

commander shepard is making them?

I don't want to upgrade for $200 again after I just bought my CPU like you are.

DELID THIS!!!!

Attached: blacked.png (1228x1502, 944K)

Read the thread dummy, it's not that long

>Ashraf Eassa

AMD!

>level with Intel in most applications
Nobody outside of gaymen desktop users with liquid coolers run their shit at 1.4v. Expecting only 10-15% is very modest.

*yawn* how much is AMD paying you to ruin Jow Forums?

Attached: file.png (681x435, 26K)

Nothing, same what intel's rabbis are paying you

ITS OVER
INTLEEREEEEEL IS FINISHED
INTLEL GARBRIDGELAKE BTFO 4EVER
NO 10NM 4U

>look at this based Intel chart, goyim
Only idiots are buying Intel at this point.

Yes! Hooray! we kind of all knew it was gonna happen but its still cool!

Part of me regrets buying the 2700x and Crosshair VII, but I mean, I was on a 1090t, so no matter what I feel a massive difference. I'll probably be getting the next 3700x/3800x if it's worth the upgrade.

My wives

How much of a difference is LP vs HPC percentage-wise on the same nanometer scale?

Because sounds way too modest.

what do any of the words in your pic mean?

We have this thread every week, OP.

7nm will definitely be a noticeable difference.

this fact has never been confirmed fag

>reddit spacing

>It also refuses to run my RAM (Which is on the qualified vendors list) at the listed 3200mhz speed, it just bootloops if it goes above 2133 at all.
4 sticks?

Use it in a HTPC

>BUY HIGH, SELL LOW

Navi confirmed HPC too

Its fucking happening

Attached: Screenshot_20180831-213638~01.png (720x370, 65K)

($25,17 - $1.83)/2.5 years per share, goy.

This. Unless you are using a threadripper 2 , better mobos are useless even when overclocking ( who the fuck thinks they need a 19 phase VRM and 3 phase SoC VRM to overclock a Ryzen?).

Not necessarily. Power savings will have been made elsewhere with the node shrink and architecture revision.

>buy new technology
>newer technology is announced
>omfg guiz kill me
Literally fucking retarded

Imagine all Gentoo fags literally getting aroused by this because they'll be able to compile kernel in less than a minute!

>shut it down

I had absolutely no problem clocking 2x16 GB at 2933 MHz on a B350. probably could even speed it up a bit with tweeking, which I haven't bothered to do.

>N7 node has been making good progress in providing excellent PPA values with >3x density improvement, >35% speed gain and >65% power reduction over its 16nm predecessor.

>N7 HPC track provides 13% speed over N7 mobile (7.5T vs 6T), while it has passed the yield and qual tests (SRAM, FEOL, MEOL, BEOL) and MP-ready D0. Part of the contributing factor is TSMC successful leveraged learning from N10 D0 and it is targeted for Fab15.

so that's what it means. neat.

Billyherringtonejaculating.gif

run 1070 with 1600x, been smooth sailing for a year, I don't even OC my RAM still at 2133
run everything at a very least 60 fps at 1440p

TSMC didn't give 7nm to leatherman because they know server market is way bigger, right?
but again here comes the question, why navi goes 7nm and turing don't? something is up, not to mention TSMC got very good relations with nVidia
my guess PS5 in 2020, TSMC smells the money, that's at least 20m APUs to fab since glofo folding and samsung doesn't have the capacity for side projects of this scale yet

but nvidia jewing everyone with a stopgap is nothing new, finally something fun happening with this swamp of a market

The ones who love Nvidia are the sheep, everyone else hates them. I wouldn't be surprised if TSMC accepted more AMD supply just to fuck with leatherjacketman.

Nvidia postponed turings release because of cryptomemes

oh this makes sense, it probably was done in spring
so ampere rumors sound more real, navi probably fucked if nvidia won't use turing for 2060

Wait, that's the high power process right?
So it'll almost surely hit 5Ghz+?

>complaining about buying a chip that'll last quite some time
>complaining about it as if he can't just sell it next year to jump on the 7nm train without literally changing anything else

>TSMC got very good relations with nVidia
They have a very profitable relationship with nvidia, but nobody likes nvidia. It's not a good relationship.

AM4 until DDR5, you're fine if you resell.
You can't really blame anyone but yourself though, we knew about Zen 2 back when Ryzen+ was being launched.

hypothetically, wouldn't the power consumption be insane if current GCN GPUS were on a TSMC node instead of GloFo's low power 14nm?

Shameless damage control

Are you me? Did the exact same thing yesterday. My gigabyte board died, and replacing it would cost more than buying ryzen 2600, mobo and 16 gigs of ram.

I miss my 2500k. It served me so well.

that's not how hardware design works, they have to redesign specifically for the node they can't simply copypaste design for a smaller node
so worst case it stays the same there is a lot of work involved to fit design for the node and power targets
I imagine it's not that hard to make perfect design that won't work on current fab tech. example: intel 10Ghz dreams.

of course, that's assuming we ignore all that to begin with
but there are so many variables I probably shouldn't have been looking for a definite answer

Same socket breh it's all good.

SCUD STORM

now have next socket Zen use LGA and this will be perfect

Polaris will be replaced with Navi, which is also going in next gen consoles.

Vega 20 is probably going to be enterprise only. We'll have to wait until 2020 for AMD to have another high end GPU I imagine.

>he never played C&C Generals
Underage faggot

>TSMC didn't give 7nm to leatherman
nvidia is already on their 7nm map.

Finishpilled and bankrupilled

turing isn't 7nm, it's all we need to know not to buy the thing.

did you check VRM temps? it's not uncommon for cheap B350 motherboards to go 120C VRM temps at modest 3,7GHz clocks

you can blame that faggot Tech Deals for makung multiple videos misleading the public by saying you can do 4GHz on the cheapest B350 motherboards

seriously, fuck that guy

But can it run habbo hotel?

Tensor cores goy

Wait for Navi (tm)

I'll wait for Navi if only for some healthy competition

Turing is 12nm because Nvidia wanted a monopoly for at least 8 months to jack up prices for suckers to buy into ray tracing memes while the technology is clearly unimpressive as far as framerates are concerned. Changning the naming scheme to RTX and going to 2000 series is designed to get chumps to buy $1200 2080tis and $800 2080s now instead of waiting next year for 7nm. If Navi is only a midrange card then Nvidia can stay on 12nm until 2020 because no competition

cringe and bluepilled

another /sandybro/ here, also planning to switch to 6-core Ryzen
wish I could afford 24-32GB of B-die DDR4 RAM

Attached: 1506445958055.gif (636x758, 14K)

meanwhile AMD has skyrocketed over the same period

Attached: amd.png (624x198, 12K)

Sorry, what is N7 HPC?

Current world record is 8.8GHz on an FX-8150. The 8150 was a ridiculously good overclocker's CPU, though it wasn't actually a great processor otherwise.

8.8 on one cluster though

meanwhile i just bought i5-2400 4gb ram system, damn it feels so bad being poor, fucking Serbia, fuck me

Vega64 X 7nm:
2200mhz
12GB GDDR6
384bit bus
672GB/s

see

>tfw fell for indel meme 1 year before ryzen release

Attached: 5435433426547657465.jpg (1000x1000, 291K)