/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Post your questions here

>Read
→ → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4 (embed)
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j (embed)
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt (embed)
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7 (embed)

old thread:

Attached: 26 crop.jpg (333x333, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rufus.akeo.ie/
audient.com/products/audio-interfaces/id14/downloads/
mm-vision.dk/visiongaming/Raptor-gaming-computer
amazon.com/dp/B01M25X363/?tag=pcpapi-20
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01NBHXR8A/ref=olp_f_new?ie=UTF8&f_all=true&f_new=true
amazon.com/COMeap-Adapter-Braided-Sleeved-Servers/dp/B01M2BKWIK/
pcpartpicker.com/product/sKgPxr/evga-450-bt-80-bronze-450w-3-year-warranty-power-supply-100-bt-0450-k1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OK, so I've found some local computer parts site selling Windows 10 pro 32 bit for basically half price because of some torn packaing.
I've read a bunch of posts on other sites telling that you can use 32-bit windows 10 keys for 64-bit installations.
Is this true? Anybody done something like this?

i want to nakadashi miku

Which ones?
Noscript captcha doesn't work, I get either "something went wrong" or a lame code that doesn't work.
I have to wait forever for fading captchas right now, definitely not just 3

Attached: zzz.jpg (440x284, 85K)

The keys are valid for both x86_32 and x86_64. However I'd strongly suggest you pirate an LTSB version, that's basically the only edition that's not too much bloated.

What android app can let me listen to jewtube vids while my phone is in sleep mode?

Attached: 1534976331182.jpg (740x1088, 131K)

Do video cards have any CPUs, or do they only have GPUs?

thats not what i'm looking to do
i want to run a recipe on each of the .extension files when make calls a target so something like

check: %.extension
shellcommand -flags $<

But i know it's not going to recognize %.extension as a pattern so how do i do this shit? i'm sick of going back and forth in the manual.

Windows won't detect my GPU
> MOBO: Gigabyte B360M DS3H
>GPU: Zotac 1070 Mini
> Fans spin even with PSU cable unplugged, suggesting PCI connection is fine
> PSU to GPU cable should be fine, it's plugged in alright
> Can't install drivers, since GPU is nonexistent as far as BIOS and SO know
I'm at a complete loss here

Maybe you selected integrated graphics in bios as main graphics. Check that out.

Try another PCI slot

if that doesn't work, try another power cable

if that doesn't work, fuck I dunno lmao return your card, hope you got a warranty

Attached: 22280212_1924895154502415_2651498584171610112_n.jpg (1080x1350, 172K)

You need to allow google and Jow Forums in your umatrix. If you have the latest version it has an option to enable the right blocks for recaptcha

>sleep mode
The screen off?
Hold the 'app switch' square thing to bring up split spring mode. Instead of selecting another app, hit the 'home' circle button.

>Try another PCI slot
GPU wont fit on the other pci slot due to shit mobo design
>Try another power cable
Did nothing
> lmao return your card
Honestly seems like my only choice

OG youtube. Also, if it's for music, you can use a cracked spotify client. No ads, better sound quality, screen off friendly.

if i make a youtube channel about me doing anime reaction and reviews with a webcam on(ill be in cosplay every vid), do i need super high quality?

like will having it be in 30000 bit rate, 1080p 60fps and 2 gigs for 20 mins male a difference over 13000bitrate 1080p 30fps and maybe 300mb size?

its just me watching 720fps streams then recording gay shit

Monitor goes to GPU port. Check that, also.

But doesnt that just stop the video which is what Im not trying to do

what good does that make when the PC doesn't even know there's a GPU. Doing that gives no output

[spoiler]its for asmr videos[/spoiler]

I'm only using Ublock origin, and for some reason disabling it kill the page's CSS.
Thanks though, I can looks for solutions from here

Works for me.

I enabled Extreme Memory Profile in my BIOS but my 2400mhz ram is still running at half speed.

What do I do?

Attached: rwrewrewerer.png (398x402, 16K)

Splendid. Then OG Youtube will do the job like a charm. It's a mod of the official YT app, with some extra utilities built in. It looks and feels quite a lot the same.

Learn what DDR stands for

Fuck, its just what I needed, thanks a lot user!

How do I save mysql terminal output to a file?
The pretty table format is lost when I pipe it

You could do it yourself, if you have access to the Windows 10 machine?
Download the Antergos ISO from the site and download rufus rufus.akeo.ie/
Select the ISO, select the USB, click yes to the pop-up window shit, then let it do its magic.

DDR4
Double Data Rate ver. 4

why is baka mplayer doing this?

Attached: 1529800687639.png (177x330, 8K)

Best, cheap mic for bantering with my friends?

Attached: a-anudda shoah....jpg (293x422, 42K)

some systems that arrange numerically/alphabetically can't handle anything without padding. You're better off padding numbers with leading zeroes in general.

75c using Prime95 small ffts test, on an 8600k turbo boosted to around 4.1ghz.

Does this sound like a bad thermal paste application to you?

Cooler is a Hyper 212 evo.

I've been using arch for almost two years and I'm looking for something fresh. I want a distro that takes less maintenance (non-rolling release) but has a large package selection (like the AUR).

Any suggestions?

can i clean out my case fan keeping the case upright and not taking anything out
that's the only thing i have to clean and i really don't want a hassle
my desk is small and has a ton of shit on it
my thinking is i can just kinda reach into there to hold the blades still and then blow some air on it

You guys are big brain 200 IQ chads help a little retard like me out. I'm trying to update the firmware of my audient id14 interface but it gets stuck and proceeds to fail after 10 minutes of waiting around. Pic related is the update which downloads straight off the website, but as I said, it doesn't work.

audient.com/products/audio-interfaces/id14/downloads/

This is the website, I install the drivers (using Windows 7), which then prompts pic related. I'd fucking love to do it manually but it doesn't seem to be on the website. What the fuck is the problem here?

Attached: 1535762898246[1].png (425x329, 96K)

Here is where it gets stuck.

Attached: 1535761139219[1].jpg (433x329, 33K)

What would get better temps: an AMD cpu or a delidded Intel?
Would the difference, if any, be significant?

75c PEAK is nothing to be alarmed about. Thats a great temp

There are none
>less maintenance
a weekly Syu cant be that tasking.

I removed my 970 and replaced it with a 1080ti - everything lights up as normal and all the fans run but the computer shuts down a few seconds later before restarting the boot process until power is cut.

750w rated PSU that worked fine on the 970 - I can't think it's that. Unseat the GPU and RAM before resetting the CMOS? Any ideas?

Seller on eBay has excellent reviews and the card upon visual inspection SEEMS fine.

Attached: 5cc002c748c2d1c11faeb410c35028f6.png (313x222, 98K)

Do you have a diag lcd box anywhere on your motherboard? Are there any red lights across your motherboard that are solid red?

Unplug and replug everything.
Unplug the new GPU and see how far you make it.
Replace your old GPU and see how far you make it.
As long as you aren't overclocking or anything, I daresay even 500W should be enough, 750W is comfortable (assuming you have a standard setup, not a bunch of other cards installed) so it's probably not the power.

help a nigga

Is it?

Getting about 60c stable on occt too.

Should I try a 4.8ghz overclock or so?

At your current temps 5.0 should be doable if its stable

I found the issue. The absolute GIRTH of the 1080 was causing a formerly fine CPU power cable to come partially unseated - I dug around to find a working sized option.

Seems that my BIOS completely reset - oh well! It's now showing as a completely absurd graphic device - I assume drivers broke as well. At least it boots.

What's the best way to sell a modified open source android app? It's a huge QOL improvement and I'd like to make a bit of cash for it

S.M.A.R.T. is saying my hard drive has 2 bad sectors but reporting health as ok. Should I be concerned? Didn't get notified of this by the OS.

I've got this TV. I'm trying it out as a desktop monitor because my other one is being difficult.

Anyhow, there's an issue with text - it has weird coloration issues when being anti-aliased, blue or purple along straight edges. The issue is mostly alleviated if I use 4:2:2 color space instead of RGB.

The TV also seems to have a lot of bleeding on reds. I don't know if this is all just because it's a cheap TV or if I can do something about it.

My old G500 is just about dead. What should I get to replace it? the page on installgentoo hasn't changed in years.

Hey, I dont know if anyone here can relate or help but I was hoping Jow Forums might have some advice on how to deal with low data caps? I live an area where I cant get any reliable internet and the internet that I can get has terrible ping it seems, as a solution I use my phones mobile hotspot for all my internet usage, the speed is very good and the ping is low but I only get 15gb of data a month basically then it cuts to 600kbs

Basically does anyone have an advice on how to avoid using too much data and make up for limited amounts of data?

thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

Attached: image (1).jpg (4032x3024, 2.07M)

every time firefox updates its .desktop changes, sets Icon=firefox-developer-edition
the icon theme i'm using doesn't have a file like that, i have already created a symbolic link using that filename but didn't work and i don't want to change the .desktop every time it updates
what can i do to solve that?

what are the current SEO tricks for google? i have niche keywords and normal local language keywords like online shop, buy, price and so on. bing seems to work perfectly well but i struggled with google. they obviously ignore meta keywords but they also seem to ignore the title. simply stuffing the description with keywords (obviously masked with natural language) seems to be super effective. is that it? primarily the description and partly the content?

use 'chmod 000' and 'chattr +i' on the .desktop file

never mind, i'm not sure about my conclusion. google hasn't indexed my latest version so i don't know if the ranking will be improved. there is a parallel issue with the ebay listing and i suspect it doesn't show my online shop result next to it because of the duplicate product description.

I got an asus laptop for playing some games and I keep getting this fucking 100% disk usage error. I've gone through and turned off flash and skype, turned off super fetch, Diagtrack, and set enable prefetcher to 0. Still runs like complete dick. Any suggestions?

I want her to sit on my face.

How can I display Japanese/Chinese characters in jDownloader?

Attached: JDownloader2_2018-09-01_00-17-02.png (1598x268, 79K)

Alright bare with me now but do those older phone have access to the internet even though their service providers have long since abandoned them?

Attached: Bacon & Eggs.jpg (2592x1944, 2.21M)

>download a zip file
>it contains the files and a MAC_OS folder with the same files in it
can someone explain this to me?

bump

Never done an amazon return, worried I'm about to get jewed out of $150 for a """"""restocking fee.""""""" What's the best way to avoid this

that didm't work either

Is my system hardware getting old?
Always play my games at low settings and effects off but newer games is starting to refuse keeping 60 fps.

Attached: system.png (733x112, 30K)

do they have the ability to connect to wifi?

why not have it replaced?

Does anyone actually answer questions on this board?

yes

>GTX 960
Time to upgrade the toaster user.
Also upgrade to 12 or 16GB RAM, used DDR3 RAM is piss cheap.

All you need is a new GPU, look for a GTX 1060 6GB (Avoid 3GB version) or wait for the GTX 2060.

mm-vision.dk/visiongaming/Raptor-gaming-computer

Would something like that work?
Always bought my computers from them.

user all you need is a new GPU not a whole new build.
Also no, build a computer if you are going to get another from scratch.

And that model has a Gaphics card you should avoid at any cost(GTX 1060 3GB).
Specially for the shady PSU.

Alright
thinking of getting a thinkcentre m92p i5 3470 and throwing in a 1050ti?
good idea?
best i could afford

SFF or ATX case?
And its ok if your budget is $350 or less.
If you are buying the SFF case get a Zotac GTX 1050Ti low profile.

Also buy one new intake and exhaust fan.
Check arctic fans for cheap and good fans.

And buy a cheap SSD for it, check ADATA SU800 240GB or bigger.

Roger that, 16 GB RAM and a GTX 1060 6 GB.
Did the replacing of the current gpu myself, how easy is it to do with the ram?

Attached: 1456426896864.jpg (640x480, 55K)

Looked up some prices and just those two parts starts to look like half a new PC, might as well safe myself the trouble and buy a new station with ssd too.

the ram upgrade isn't necessary imo
if you have unoccupied ram slots you can keep the old ram sticks and insert some more ram

You literally just put the new sticks.
Look for used 12800U RAM 4 or 8GB sticks if you want them cheap, not sure what the prices are in denmark.

And when it comes to the GPU if you can wait one month for proper prices (GTX 2000 series are coming out in september 20th then you will get a proper deal.
Look for a RX 580, but the GPU upgrade alone will let you run recent games at max settings.

Is there a proper way to fix Chrome's shitty font render (blur-ish) and bad image resizer they use?

Literally going to be buying 1 thing at a time
it's pic related for $100
does it really need extra fans? i was just hoping it's power supply was good enough
thanks for the ssd recommendations, can i also add a hdd?

Attached: pic related thinkcentre.jpg (1200x1600, 197K)

Was going to get pic related
it's $170

Attached: gtx 1050 ti mini.jpg (1112x801, 96K)

>ATX
Then you have a huge amount of options.
No you dont need extra fans, you don't even need to add a new PSU.
You can add multiple HDDs but are you buying it without a HDD?

Try to avoid single fan GPUs for the sake of durability.

amazon.com/dp/B01M25X363/?tag=pcpapi-20
better deal in my opinion

Will a dual fan work though?
and i heard gigabyte and msi where bad

>update system
>Pic related happens
>Use live boot USB to blacklist module
>Doesn't work, shows the same error
>Reboot into live boot again
>None of the edits I made are there
>Even though I edited as administrator
>Add kernal argument to blacklist module
>The last line doesn't show but I still can't boot

Please end my life

Attached: IMG_20180831_213721__01.jpg (3497x662, 566K)

>Will a dual fan work though?
*will the dual fan fit

Gigabyte ones are horrible in general.
And yes they will fit, your case is kind of huge.

I think it would fit, if you're not sure just check the measurements to be sure.

gigabyte does have some issues with some of their lower end parts, in my understanding due to the third party manufacturers that they sometimes contract to, but my research of this card seemed to indicate that it should be fine. Ive always had good experiences with the few gigabyte parts ive researched and used. I just put one of these in a build actually.

Is Zotac good? because it's $180
i was told Asus is good but it's $200
both dual fan
i wish the damned prices would drop

Is shutdown -h now safe?
Normally linux is a bit slow to close everything and turn off, but shutdown -h now makes turn off almost instantly, should I use it?

Guess i could ask the seller of the m92p
i'd rather be safe than sorry and get one that's supposed to be more reliable though

look at the reviews and research the individual cards, I dont know why you would just accept that its shit.

>supposed to be more reliable though
they are all supposed to be reliable, all manufacturers have some issues, I have bought and used parts from nearly every brand you could think of and have had positive and negative experiences with them.ASUS has been pretty bad for me even though they are a "trusted" brand. You really have to look at the reviews and available information for each specific card when you go to buy a particular model?

also if youre considering spending 200 ona 1050ti id recommend considering an rx 580 or something if you can find one cheap.

ASUS is good but a GTX 1050Ti is not worth $200 at all.
The single fan Zotac GPU is good, but expect it to be hot and loud.

If you want to spend $200 on it look for the EVGA GTX 1050Ti FTW or SSC.
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01NBHXR8A/ref=olp_f_new?ie=UTF8&f_all=true&f_new=true

Seems to have only very slightly more bad reviews than asus while being 30$ cheaper so i'll give it a go, it will work with the 240 watt power supply though right?

So I want to buy pic related (GTX 1080 ti SC Hybrid) from a guy on craigslist. I talked him to 600. Is this a decent price? Also how do you know you're not getting ripped off from a used sale since he wants to meet in a public place.
Or should I just wait and pay out the shekels for the 2070.

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 29K)

I just want one that will work well in the m92p i plan to get

Barely but it will.
If you need a cheap PSU buy a EVGA 450BT for $22, its a proper PSU for cheap.
Also you will need this adapter.
amazon.com/COMeap-Adapter-Braided-Sleeved-Servers/dp/B01M2BKWIK/

Performance wise they will be more or less the same, the dual fan versions will last way more and have more room for overclocking later on because they run colder.

pcpartpicker.com/product/sKgPxr/evga-450-bt-80-bronze-450w-3-year-warranty-power-supply-100-bt-0450-k1
This PSU is worth $22, currently overpriced but its good.