Welp this got hard real fast

Welp this got hard real fast

Attached: 006B3562-6E63-4C5E-B8BD-2F363DD2FE89.jpg (3264x2448, 1.59M)

You're just a brainlet.

yeah no shit, who else knows unix?

I just started give me a break

Binary can be simplified using 2^n. So 2^8=256 which would be 1111 1111.

Keep in mind though that 0 is a valid value making the actual answer 255.

That shit is a breeze once you realize the trick

What does this ^n mean?

To the exponent "n".

In other words:
2 to the power of n

I did not even get a CS degree (math patrician) and I know these answers

lmao just count on yo fingers nigga like damn

pure math is gay and useless

people that say proofs are beautiful are homosexuals

That's how people represent superscript with ascii subscript uses the _

Lmao
This shit is literally what I learned in the first semester of my community College. I sincerely hope you aren't paying dozens of thousands for the same education I literally got paid to go through.

The only ones I don't get are 24 and 25. The fuck do they want me to say, base 8 is half of base 16?

>This is hard for burgers

This is my first semester at community college lol.

user, this just above normie tier...

It's not difficult. Believe in yourself and study the material, you'll be surprised by your progress. It intimidated me too until I learned how to do it.

Trivial

I got an applied math degree you faggot

>label the following as natural, negative, or rational
>fucking pi
huh...so this is the power of an American education

The degree for somebody who wants a harder version of an engineering degree but less useful than an engineering degree

>Community college

Attached: [002350].png (400x300, 260K)

*wastes money*
psssh nothin personel kid

>spending 55,000 a year on tuition
WEW LAD

joke's on you, I double majored in EE and applied math.

you'll quickly forget this anyway because of calculators

Am I wasting my time by trying to learn this subject? I'm in my mid twenties and am only just starting to learn how to program and already I find it so challenging, and I'm planning on expanding to more math and cs but I'm looking at this like it's a foreign language. Everyday I study and practice this stuff it just makes me realize what a retarded person I am. Wouldn't be surprised if my IQ is well under 100. Thanks for reading my blog.

>So 2^8=256
>which would be 1111 1111.
No it isn't.

>Welp this got hard real fast
Jow Forums - Technology

It really depends on how much you enjoy learning it. I like challenging myself and learning new things so for me I like it.

Read the second part.

I guess what I enjoy is the idea of it. Being well paid and comfortable. Getting to innovate and create things. I just don't think I have the mental capacity to ever be good. I fucked up so bad when I was young by dropping out of hs and now I'm trying to relearn everything and play catch up.

The part where it says the "actual" answer? It's the only answer because the first statement was incorrect. The second part reads like an elaboration, as if there's some "ghost" answer or trick, without addressing that the original statement is incorrect.

You're almost certainly not at your natural limit. As long as you keep trying you can improve

Clarification. 1111 1111 has 256 possible values and is equal to 255.

>Freshman year at mediocre state university
>Get totally fucked by discrete math exam
>CS professor can't teach (or even speak English, not sure how he got the job) for shit but lets us bring the exam question sheet home afterwards for practice
>Ask Calculus professor for help with it
>He does it in his head in a few minutes
I had never felt so intellectually outclassed in my life

Not everyone deserve to make it

>chapter 2

come on now bitch nigga

isn't it odd how deeply different universities are from one each other? I went to 2 top unis in my country (though I failed... I'm a college dropout. but that's another topic), and the stuff we were taught was of a much, MUCH higher level than this. in fact, I remember knowing 99% of the shit in the OP before going to uni.

that shit isn't even difficult, m8. and you should get used to that...

is that from high school?

For an Apple user, maybe.

holy fuck you're stupid, probably stupid enough to just use these answers without even thinking about why they're correct. Probably stupid enough to think cheating is a good idea, fucking retard.

1.A
2.C
3.B
4.E
5.D
6.115+49->164->10001100 A
7.85+21->106->1101010 D
8.127+31->158->10011110 B
9.127-7->120->1111000 F

im stoned by the way you stupid fuck and I can still do this stuff. All in my head too :)

Now do the rest. Oh that's right, you can't because those are the only ones you can do

you should read ppl's help when it's available
not even worth bumping

cont..
10. 103-7->96->1100000 D
11. C? fuck idk I'm bored fo this now

12. True tho kinda stupid thing to say cause any number base can be converted into any other
13. False why the fuck would octal be special fucking lol
14. True, duh
15. ........True :^), a 'byte' is of arbitrary size even though the most common form is 8 bit. The answer they want is False though
16. False assuming 6 bit byte or larger.
17. False why the fuck would one base magically make palindromes in another, fuck
18. you can't hold negative 1 apples in your hand
19. A person is either an entire unit or not, there is no inbetween. A rational 1 can be divided in 2 in order to make 0.5
20a. rational
20b. rational, negative
20c. rational, natural
20d. rational
20e. rational
20f. rational
21a. yknow what im bored now bye

>tfw just did 20 questions of some fags homework
what am i doing with my life...fuck

Jow Forumsiamverysmart

no one here cares

If you cling to the attitude that simple things are hard then you won't go very far. If you don't understand this shit ask your teacher to explain them to you, that's why he's there.

Wait till you try and get babies first cert

16. assuming 8* bit byte or larger. a six bit byte could store two octal numbers, not hexadecimal

Yeah I know. I enjoy learning this stuff. I made this thread on a knee jerk reaction. Once I go back and reread it starts to all come together. Just gotta take it one step at a time. Thanks for help everyone.

kek. This is so accurate that I legit feel bad for math majors.

FUCKING. THIS.

Pi is irrational, correct?

What a cringey little faggot you are.

The answer is obviously "none" for that one, and that's the point of it

i hope youre being ironic

Attached: slide_12.jpg (960x720, 54K)

I'm an Electrical Engineer and I know these answers. Come on.

I mean we never learned natural/whole/rational/irrational/transcendental explicitly, but we came across binary plenty.

yes.

This is easy shit. Like year 1, semester 1, lecture 1.
Fucking kids on my boomer imageboard.

Do you like bananas?
You should eat more bananas.

eastern europeans learn this shit in middle school.

>not spending 2 years at community and then transferring, effectively getting a 4 year degree for half the price

really makes you think

Attached: lol.gif (320x240, 2.61M)

My nigger this is literally 7th grade shit in china

>go to community college
>transfer to high end university
>turns out I have to wait more than 4 semesters anyway because they don't offer classes that I need to graduate every semester
I'm so mad I fell for the community college meme

what the fuck are you talking about, nigger? this is the type of shit we used to do in A level computer science. This is literally computer science 101

everybody here is like "yooo you dumb shit" but i just want the table from page 43

So much for being a high end university lol

I don't understand

This is Jow Forums. It's full of normalfags, deluded by the just world fallacy, now waiting at the chance to jump in telling people who struggle with any sort of problem in life to die and that they are better. Never ask this place for help. Hunt us all down and kill us desu desu.

hint: that's not the meme you're falling for
your community college did fine. it's the "high end univeristy" that's failing you now.

It's not negative or rational, so it's natural. Why do you want to add in your own answer when natural works as well?

Attached: fat_bart_lardo_by_bendavl-d653x1h.png (768x576, 563K)

Wow dudeee, converting between bases is soooo hard, it takes like 1 hour to fully understand all conversions, so fuck off.

And how exactly do you count to π, one by one?

base 2 -> base 8
group digits into threes:
110111 -> 67
because 110 -> 6 and 111 -> 7

base 2 -> base 16
group digits into fours:
110111=00110111 -> 37
because 0011 -> 3 and 0111 -> 7

to convert 8 16, do 8 2 16.
e.g. base16 -> base8
6A -> 0110 1010 = 001 101 010 -> 152

I don't even have a degree and I know these answers. OP is a brainlet and I say that as an actual brainlet

Nice.

This is all pretty trivial. Don't tell me this is for University...

>1111 1111 has 256 possible values

Brainlet.

A byte can contain 2^8 possible values, the maximum being 255 which is equal to 1111 1111
This would be the correct answer.

I don't understand. We learned this in high school....

>multiple choice
>hard
LOL

“TO THE POWAH OF”

my son.

each answer is wrong though

try smoking more weed, that’ll boost your stimulus

>2016
>attend university
>be in advanced algebra class

Ask prof genuine questions after the lecture that I could not understood with the current material we were working on

“user THAT’S WHAT GOOGLE WAS MADE FOR”

“JUST GO TO KAHN ACADEMY”

“YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A DEVICE THAT CAN LOOK UP ANYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW”

Yeah fuck University

Lazy fucks

Maybe it's some kind of base-π meme? Seems retarded though

Attached: en_muista.gif (142x142, 9K)

wtf are you talking about, you should have written a program to do all that by the time you enter university. it's one of the earliest exercises in K&R C to build a converter

0, π

It's like you don't even know trigonometry.

I understand you are stoned, but why'd you convert the digital to decimal for those exercises, could you not do them in digital?