500 days of support left for Windows 7

The big countdown has begun. What are your plans for Windows 7 migration? Are you going to update to 10, another operating system or stay after the deadline?
I plan to keep one laptop running 7 for nostalgia purposes and upgrade the rest.

Attached: windows7.jpg (226x278, 22K)

*downgrade

Attached: proton.png (740x585, 57K)

I already have a laptop running Debian. But I'll update my desktop to W10.

I'll probably keep using it until there's a new vulnerability shitstorm.

Reinstalled Win7 yesterday, and I will continue to enjoy it until the end.

None, it's best OS and I'm keeping it. Fuck anyone who says otherwise

>microshit vistaids sp2
>good

Talk about stockholm syndrome.

Windows 7 still more popular than 10. August's netmarkeshare figures:
>Windows 7 40.27%
>Windows 10 37.80%

Is this gets good i'll switch over to linux. Xubuntu probably.

It is already good. Every game I've tried works fine.

lubuntu is lighter, way lighter, dont fall for the xubuntu or kubuntu lie

Still using XP here.

I should probably upgrade from XP

I will switch to lubuntu when they finally migrate to lxqt.

no
stay on XP until everything ends

Why do wangtards dislike wangblows 10 again? It is probably the exact same shit that 7 is.

>Disable shit in w7
>Stays disabled even through patches etc

>Disable shit in w10
>Enables itself, uninstalls your software without consent, reinstall microshit spyware you removed without your consent etc

>uninstalls your software without consent
It's probably in the license agreement that you agreed to.

I hope Proton gits gud by 2020 so I can go full Linux
Less bloat, less spyware, better user control

Attached: 1534839546225.png (380x366, 247K)

Perhaps a better question is why do I need Microsoft support to begin with? I'm not the kind of person who clicks on sketchy links, and even if I do fuck up my system, I can always just revert to the last restore point. I don't see the big deal.

>less bloat, less spyware
Is less better? If it was you could use GNU/Linux. Or does it need to be a certain amount of spyware and bloat to be usable for you?

You can tell this guys really cool cause he's being obtuse and hostile.

Certain drivers will need to be sourced through unofficial channels. For example, I wanted to get ExFat drivers for Windows XP recently and Microsoft blanked it off their website.
Basically you'll just have to check more hashes and possibly deal with incompatible hardware (wasn't kabylake trying to kill support for Windows 7 or something?)

Just install it.

Attached: 1519671708831.jpg (482x424, 97K)

when xp was deprecated xp also was more popular than 7

Lubuntu is too low on functionality. It's nice on a really weak system, like

Moved to a dual boot machine, installed Linux (Ubuntu server) and macOS on two separate ssd on my old Windows 7 machine. I gave up on Windows completely about a year ago & have never looked back. Only issue, if you can call it an issue is a few games I use to play no longer work - crap like battle field. Turns out I don't miss them & make better use of my time. There are still a few games on Linux and macOS that are fun to play.

same, Xubuntu fag here

I'm already running Manjaro and Arch on my spare computers. I guess I'll fully switch to them once the support ends

tru

i upgraded three years ago desu

Attached: 155019287660.png (1920x1080, 578K)

>HAHA MAN FUCK MICROSOFT AND W10, FUCKING SPYING ON ME!
>now if you'll excuse me, I'll keep using my smartphone

Attached: QaYqtd7.png (645x729, 90K)

>Every game I've tried works fine.
expand on this, 3 games isn't every game
is "every game" 10? 50? 200? is it only indie shit? is it only what is listed on the official page?

>he doesn't use a custom rom

Attached: 1522186733817.png (232x266, 4K)

Attached: 0b4.jpg (453x576, 35K)

Windows 7 is supported until October 2021.

>using a POS version for desktop
the absolute state of tripfags

Fuck off dickhead.

>switch over to linux
>*buntu
those are mutual exclusive

No, I use Ultimate.

Oh I see, great argument accompanied by a very nice reddit spacing, that surely convinced me that Proton already can replace Windows for videogames.
Go back.

KYS

And it isn't supported until 2021, only a cut down version with even basic features missing, it literally gives you less administrative tools than Windows Home Basic, that's sad, who would want to use that shit.
Windows 7 support ends next year, the options are to either use the abortion that 10 is, or stay in 7 but make sure you don't fucking log to your bank account there ever and related stuff, people who use an OS without security updates are neets or complete morons.

Currently using Win 7, Win 10 and Manjaro. I expect I would gradually move from both the Wins to Linux as the time goes by.

i have a chinese phone, i dont care if the chinese spy on me

I will keep it until games will require W10, for now my Xbox can play every game requiring W10.
As always, I will see what to do as the future unfolds, I will always roll with the best options.

Today I had a dream where I met Ruri on some event and wanted to ask her to be my girlfriend.

>Lineage still phones home to Google even without google apps
Don't believe me? Get a DNS server and look at the logs (pic related).
Fuck off with ROM garbage, every single one of them are spyware.

Attached: shot.png (960x130, 17K)

Windows 8.1 is supported until 2023.
With Classic Shell, it's better than 7.

Attached: iu.png (597x655, 154K)

They get the same updates.

4GB VRAM limit in DX9. Garbage.

she's my gf

>50 posts in
>no one has mentioned W10 LTSB

Because it's trash.

Attached: GIF.gif (330x670, 1.02M)

>4GB VRAM limit in DX9
>DX9
Really grasping at straws here

Windows search has always been awful

It's my main issue with it. There aremany others, such as cloud (OneDrive) and Store integration which neither can be removed, inability to disable desktop composition, half-arsed METRO UI, which despite many W8 users claims, it can not be avoided, fucked up shadow copy, etc..

Nope. It works fine on 7. Even without indexing.

Attached: GIF.gif (555x595, 1.02M)

Exactly. Shitty license agreement? Don't install it.

>Valve release Proton
>say they're now in a position to make games again
Calling it now, the gimmick of HL3 is that it's going to be a Linux exclusive. We're now entering the 3rd era of Valve.

I mean, I don't have much trouble finding drivers for MS-DOS, so I think I'm good.

I use Windows only for the rare times I want to play videogames.
I am not sure what I will do, probably just update my W7 partition to W10.

cant play gta lmao

I'll keep using Win 7 even after release. My Win 7 version is unpatched since 2009 anyway.
Win 10 will only be considered, when there's a serious incentive to migrate, and even then it will be the most debloated LTSB version I can pirate.

Win 7->Win 8.1->Linux
That should allow enough time for valve to improve linux gayming.

Removed win10 from laptop and downgraded to win7.

I only use laptop occasionally and it would constantly trash hdd wasting battery or try downloading/uploading god knows what over barely working edge wwan connection making it unusable.

It once even managed to turn itself on while in backpack and started doing some updates, got so hot backpack material started to bubble up where exhaust was, shit could have caught fire and burned my apartment down.

Games are for children.

there's absolutely no reason to switch from it until a major vulnerability is found. I'm still holding out hope that reactOS will be stable by then, but it'll probably be a while after.

Manchild at your service m'lady.

Is she inflatable?

Why even stay with Windows/NT or alike systems? GNU/Linux can do everything Windows/NT can do.

All the Blizzard shit is notorious for not running well on linux.

>Implying I even used windows to begin with

Mostly just muh gaymez if i'm being honest. Plus, i've been using wangblows for my entire life, I know it inside and out. Relearning the ins and outs of an operating system just seems arduous without much reward to me.

Most of you will for before the support ends anyway - why do you care?

>I know it inside and out
Oh please, not even Microsoft knows what that piece of shit actually is. Besides, it's illegal for you to know how it works, per the licence agreement.

It's not just the OS itself, but the tools to allow me to tweak it exactly how I want it, like a trusty IRC client.

>4GB VRAM limit in DX9. Garbage.
huh? It happens in W10 too?

Weechat is the best IRC client.

which version of W10 is best?

I already moved to linux last year

Linux has lots of games now. Even more with proton and wine

9 years of server 2016 support left

Attached: 1535472890072.jpg (605x486, 181K)

I just have to ask, how the fuck are you gonna call "Reddit spacing" on a single line post?

>make sure you don't fucking log to your bank account there ever
By the time I got my own bank account, I was already dual-booting Ubuntu.

They fixed it in 1803. But anything between (and including) Windows 8 and Windows 10 1709 has that problem.

>*sip*

>tfw actually turned 30 this year
fuck

Fuck off. Just use what werks.

Are you me? I installed a few days ago and I'll probably gonna keep it a few years

Yeah, that guy wasn't reddit spacing. You are reddit spacing.

Please let this develop well enough that we are fucking saved, I don't wanna have to go to 10.

Im just going to install arch linux.
You have to be retarded or a computer noob to think win10 is even remotly good

I'll keep a Win10 install in a small partition of the drive but I'll be using manjaro cinnamon full time.

stay cozy on Mac OS

Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. Has pretty much all of the bullshit removed by default, or easily removable.

I'm probably just listening to Jow Forums and installing gentoo.

I play StarCraft II regularly with WINE+Linux.

This. Or just Windows 10 Pro, then use gpedit to remove the bullshit.

There is like 3 people developing windows functions that are useful and 500 pajeets developing more ways to cram advertising in, NSA does the rest.