What is some essential Jow Forums kino?

what is some essential Jow Forums kino?

Attached: 221148.1020.A.jpg (773x580, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x9AYyFFrwDA
youtube.com/watch?v=0PxTAn4g20U
youtube.com/watch?v=2ePBNGmxVK8
youtube.com/watch?v=BIfcMHpINKY
imdb.com/title/tt1459467/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
youtube.com/watch?v=CiBI0yrtHUo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Halt and Catch Fire
Sneakers
Hackers
WarGames
Short Circuit
Swordfish
The Fifth Estate

what's the most (((realistic))) one?

everything except Hackers and Swordfish

Swordfish...ok, but Hackers is so absolutely horrible it's good. There are so many quotable lines.

"Set your computer to receive a file"

I mean come on.

Attached: giphy (3).gif (696x528, 917K)

You actually need to do that on UDP connection.

Angelina's boobs make the movie worth it.

Sneakers!

That might just be the least ridiculous line in that movie

>Halt and Catch AIDs
>Deafmutes
>Commies
>Commies
>Autism
>Ped0z
>normie b8

make a list then faggot

>RISC V is going to change everything

Attached: 1532861714871.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

WarGames is a pretty realistic depiction of hacking at the time it was made

>Hackers is so absolutely horrible it's good
this it's so bad - it's good

that one with will smith and that paranoid old guy

Attached: CyberpunkCollection.jpg (511x771, 183K)

Attached: EssentialCyberpunk.jpg (1308x2794, 509K)

Zero days (2016)

Jurassic Park features a genuine Unix system:
youtube.com/watch?v=x9AYyFFrwDA

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Attached: the voice of a generation.png (960x682, 439K)

pirates of sillicon valley is a great movie to see how all the big tech originalfags were basically insane, egotistical nerds that stole from each other every chance they got. Also that the Woz was the true genious all along.

That one scene in the beginning of Hackers where he calls the company pretending to be an employee was a very realistic depiction of social engineering. Every bit of hacking after that was GUI in visual basic tier stuff though

I always focus on the end with the Gibson as to why I call it unrealistic

I would add altered carbon on netflix, i thought it was pretty good desu.

funnily enough, the matrix reloaded is a more realistic hacking movie than all of them

youtube.com/watch?v=0PxTAn4g20U

The Core is another hilariously bad movie, but it has some fun moments.

youtube.com/watch?v=2ePBNGmxVK8

Lets not forget Die Hard 4.

youtube.com/watch?v=BIfcMHpINKY

Why is "Hackers" the most awesome movie? I find it interesting even today.

A movie called 23, it's about a real story of a German hacker called Karl "Hagbard" Koch. He broke into USA's databases and stole info for KGB, then got caught and died mysteriously.

Attached: 14049_large.jpg (261x365, 53K)

The New Rebels
It's a new docu (2017), rather comfy and probably most of the anons here would enjoy it
Also Hypernormalisation and All Watched Over By Machines Of Loving Grace are essential documentary kinos about how tech influences and shapes the world, by adam smith

>adam smith
I meant adam Curtis, my mind wandered off

It's the way it tells the story. While it's not close to reality and the script could've been better, it's still has its fun quirks.

Enemy of the State

Did you also mean
>The new radical
It was great, I really enjoyed it

>mysteriously
if he got caught, it's no mystery

Oh shit you're right user
I'm dozing off today

His death was mysterious although it really wasn't as it was the KGB cleaning up their mess.

>stole sensitive info from US
>it was the KGB!
come the fuck on now

"Who am i - no system is safe" is really great

My theory is about how it portrays cyberpunk/hacker culture, not as fat fucks sitting near the computer 12 hours a day but in a way how everyone wants to live in dystopian cyberpunkish ways surrounded by computers having a rebellious teenager spirit. An illusion that you'd want to be part of.

Are you retarded? This happened in the early 80s, there was a book written about how he and others were caught called The Cuckoo's Egg by Cliff Stoll.

yeah, I also believe it was KGB because they likely had a need to shut him up permanently

in fact i have a weird desire to see it again
Jow Forums movie night when?

Elysium made me realise poor people ruin fucking everything.

was that the one with the kid being obsessed with some illuminati book? i either saw that or another version of it, would not recommend even if its documentary tier

akira sucks the animation is disgusting

because sometimes parody and satire are better at describing a subculture than serious analysis

I agree that Adam Curtis definitely has a cyberpunk aesthetic even though that might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you watch his documentaries.

> t. zoomer who never put his modem in auto answer mode to have someone call them directly with their modem and exchange a file "peer-to-peer"

hackers is one of my genuine favourite movies. while its characters and acting is laughable, and its depictions of how computers work and are used are even more so, if you look beyond that it's actually a very good cyberpunk movie. it's retrofuturistic, it's got weird schemes on a level above the protagonists, it certainly got the "punk" element right, the music is fitting.

while it's got weird rules, it plays by those rules, and it takes itself very seriously.

compare this to, say, mr. robot, which haves a much better depiction of technology - it doesn't feel as pure, you constantly think "these characters cant exist" and "this story makes no sense". in hackers, not so much (or i mean, its so much you get desensitized quickly). hackers is a feeling. everything is just so in place

Jow Forums anime thread gets deleted but this doesn't.
Fuck mods.

just post your anime in here, bro

Hackers also benefits from all the "bad" parts still being entertaining and memorable. The soundtrack is great too.

>ctrl+f Johnny Mnemonic
>no results found
for shame Jow Forums

Transcendence

nah, im angry now, we were having a good discussion until the normalfag mod 404'd the thread.

>imageboard
>ctrl+f
might wanna look at some of the essential cyberpunk compilation posts user

thats actually too bad, and nothing i agree with

nothing worse than a newfag mod who doesn't understand a board's culture and traditions

mm the soundtrack is fucking nuts

book was much much better

What about Strange Days?

spotted the newfriend
well its a good thing the subject of thread is Jow Forums kino, not Jow Forums novels

johnny mnemonic is there

>well its a good thing the subject of thread is Jow Forums kino, not Jow Forums novels
what i mean is that even though the IP is well known, the movie is overrated and you need not bother

Pirates of Silicon Valley
A great film where you get to see how much of a cunt Steve Jobs really was.

its still kino, which is the point of this thread
>johnny mnemonic is there
indeed it is, whoops

why does it have to be cyberpunk to be Jow Forums kino? Transcendence is Jow Forums as fuck

i'd argue that the social network by fincher qualifies

>why does it have to be cyberpunk to be Jow Forums kino?
These are your words, not mine. trancendance is cool until the last 30%

i agree the whole lovers getting back together and living on through nano-tech implication at the end is cheesey, but the whole conflict with the hybrids and using farraday cages to cut them off and develop a virus aspect was good

Did we watch the same movie?
Transcendence was peak dumpster fire long before the last 30%, from a technical point of view, only perhaps interesting thematically
Then the last 30% it was strawmanning so hard that it was unwatchable on any level

Ready player one - this one is bad and a little spy kids
Digimon the movie - confusing and weird but you have to see this one to understand the movement
Ghost in the shell (original anime)
Autómata - a mix between i robot and chappie, neat cyberpunk
Akira - shouldn't have to mention this one
Brazil - watch out for this one
The Zero Theorem - this one is not good
A Scanner Darkly - idk i just like this one

MIcro Men
imdb.com/title/tt1459467/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

don't be weird

Upgrade is pretty good for what it is. Came out last month or so

>Ready player one
/v/eddit garbage

>Why is "Hackers" the most awesome movie? I find it interesting even today.
Because everyone wants to fuck a young Angelina Jolie in that movie where she looks like some kind of sexy...Spock.

Okay, throw me some numbers

Attached: f32641f6d1bedc3519045741662eba49.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Attached: 1338660431522.gif (576x821, 91K)

its just strangely nostalgic, flows well and is highly quotable; the perfect flick.

Hacker is my guilty pleasure. Its terrible but I always watch it. My wife dreads every moment of it.

>the only way out... is in!
What an amazing movie

This version is better
youtube.com/watch?v=CiBI0yrtHUo