NVIDIA IS FINISHED 7NM VEGA 20 IN 2018

wccftech.com/amd-confirms-new-7nm-radeon-graphics-cards-launching-in-2018/

ir.amd.com/news-releases/news-release-details/expanding-our-high-performance-leadership-focused-7nm

marketwatch.com/story/interview-with-amds-su-on-change-in-foundry-its-roadmap-and-new-head-of-client-compute-business-2018-08-28

NVIDIA IS FINISHED 7NM VEGA 20 IN 2018

32GB OF HBM
1.28TB MEMORY BANDWIDTH
4096BIT MEMORY BUS
~20TFLOPS OF PERFORMANCE

NVIDIA IS DONE, DONE I TELL YOU.

Attached: AMD WINS.jpg (2060x1158, 148K)

>oh, another "poor" something
>release
>it's a shit
OK. Now just Wait™.

I want to believe.

Eh, at the very least it would be reasonable to expect a GCN based card with 56 or 64 CUs to be around 30% faster than Vega 56 and 64 based on an expected ~35% capability for clock increases at similar TDPs using TSMC's 7nm HPC process.

Anything more would require redesigning GCN to eliminate the 4 triangles per clock front end geometry bottleneck.

Good, but what about ray traycing, ¿Will AMD put AMD Rays on the rumored new cards?

If they don't, the new graphics will be some steps behind NVIDIA, even if they're more powerfull and better in the price perfomance area.

I thought.

Ray tracing is of no practical use in the near term. By the time it's doable well enough to see significant usage in games it will be 2-3 GPU generations from now.

Also, from my (limited) understanding, assuming the front end bottleneck issues of GCN were addressed, GCN's compute abilities should be able to handle the type of limited ray tracing being used by Nvidia fairly well as is.

Your a dumb nigger. This will be pro work loads only in 2018

Now where is the 7nm mainstream GPUs with GDDR6 memory that can have a competitive price and supply?

2018 is the year of AMD.

INTEL BTFO AND BANKRUPT
NVIDIA BANKRUPT AND BTFO

AMD IS NOW 7NM ACROSS THE BOARD

THIS IS A FIRST IN COMPUTING HISTORY, 7NM GPUS AND CPUS

B A S E D AMD

20TFLOPS for a 64CU VEGA design would mean clocks of 2450mhz or there abouts.

>2018
>still using GCN
Pathetic

>32GB OF HBM
Yeah don't get excited this isn't a consumer card.

Have you looked at the performance numbers for ray tracing? It's the future but as with anything the first generation is trash. Early adoption rarely works out well.

Isn't this just for AI? When will consumercucks get 7nm cards?

>Still slower than 1080ti

This is a professional card. If they made a consumer 7nm Vega with four HBM stacks (not 32GB though, completely unnecessary) that just might get memory bandwidth to a point where the cores aren't starved for bandwidth, but that still leaves the GCN front-end bottleneck trashing geometry performance. I really hope AMD ditches GCN after Navi and builds something new from the ground up.

up to 32GB of HBM is only an option, doubt they will even offer that considering HBM is still too expensive

>I really hope AMD ditches GCN after Navi and builds something new from the ground up.
That's the plan

AMD rays will rely on Vulkan more than DX12, and considering there's only one dev that actually does more than just wrappers for Vulkan, it may as well not exist

That's the plan, user. The "next-gen" architecture.

Navi is just a die shrink vega
and vega was just a slightly refined Fury

they still have horrible geometry bottlenecks and will stop them from every beating Nvidia unless something is done.

already lost faith. AMD won't match NVIDIA's tensor core and raytracing core when most of big industries from gamedevs to animation studios are on board with nvidia.

This is not a GPU for consumers.

Obviously it s not only frequency . They done some improvments. That being said GCN is old crap and they should hurry up and get a new arch out

I really want to believe even though I prefer nvidia cards. Nvidia is getting really cocky with their pricing and is in serious need of competition.

WAIT FOR OUR REVIEWERS TEAM

Attached: goodgoy.jpg (1920x1080, 349K)

I wouldn't care if AMD's upcoming line was slower. AMD is the only one worth paying. Good news is that it won't be slower. Jewvidia and Zogtel are probably up to their scheming tricks, but it's time for them to face the wrath. AMD with Linux is becoming God Tier.

Attached: AMD.jpg (294x384, 50K)

did Vega even get released seems like its release was canceled and they just gave out some preorders to backers retarded enough to buy it before benchmarks hit.

>AMD’s 7nm Vega is a Monster – 1.25x Turing’s Compute at Half The Size

it's over.
nvidia is kill.

That was originally the plan with Navi too.

Tensor cores are all but useless for consumers, and I don't believe even the 2080 Ti will include them. We still have yet to see if raytracing will ever be anything more than a meme, like PhysX.