Java sucks

I really think java sucks and should be replaced in android studio with something more light weight, it really consumes a lot of resources to run it, because not everyone has the luxury of 10k$ desktop, and computers aren't that cheap outside the US.

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 10K)

dumb pajeet

Java is verbose, there/s no denying that fact. But as far as I know you are not limited to using Java for Android development? If you feel that you need to have lightweight in mind then use something else

I cant believe what i just read. OP you are so stupid.

What would you replace it with?

There is no Java in android you brainlets. Try running java code in android.Protip: you can't.

C

They never say anything about java in android you fucking retard. Also,
>try running java code in android
>implying you can run C or C++ without compiler on wangblows

>They never say anything about java in android you fucking retard
"Java for Android development?"
>implying you can run C or C++ without compiler on wangblows
Why would you need a compiler to RUN ? You need a RUNtime which win has.

Too many segfaults.

So use kotlin?

Kotlin is just as bad

>android
>mobile devices
you are scum anyway regardless of language

Assembly.

VMS was written in macro assembly. Pic related.

Attached: VMS_Uptime.png (807x475, 28K)

OP, it's not Java what is slow.
I've done Java in eclipse, both desktop and EE, and it is fast to compile.
It's the gradle clusterfck what slows down compiling. You can stay up-to-date on gradle for faster build times, but other than this you can't do much more.
I've a $400 desktop at work, we do plenty of Android development, and it is enough with 8 GB of RAM. You need to customize Android Studio max RAM though and give it more than the default.
Also be sure to have a CPU with VT-x, or you won't be able to run the new emulators.

There is. Android APIs include a subset of Java 8 APIs.

Well, I disagree.

Kotlin is at the end of the day a JVM language, and using it in an Android Project is just as bad or even slightly worse in terms of your compiled app runtime performance. The only difference being that Android Studio will generate the Java classes not from Java source but from Kotlin source.
In terms of IDE speed it is the same shit.

Java itself isn't slow

The problem is Android Studio, and the way android apps are structured

Gradle is a piece of shit

also Android Studio is fucking bloated, which is good if you are making entreprise grade apps and need the 4,000+ debug and tracking tools

otherwise if you're making your own apps it's too much bloat

My recommendation, switch to Javascript, that way you can make apps for Android/iOS and Web at the same time

Performance wise now both iOS and Android support hardware accelerated web views on their apps so that's not an issue

The real problem is Javascript's syntax, but using Typescript makes it's syntax almost identical to Java and allows you to make Classes, Objects, etc with ease. Also forces you to use data types to avoid things like 20 + 34 = "2034"

>The real problem is Javascript's semantics
ftfy

Java is pretty close to an ideal language (not many cryptic identifiers, runs well on everything, IDEs for it are superb, everything can be programmed with it.

It just sounds like your computer sucks.

And your arguments are where? Because even though I don't like Java Kotlin is one of the most comfy languages I've ever seen. You don't sound like someone who knows wtf he's talking about.

Java isn't the problem, if you're facing memory issues or performance issues with modern Java you're just a shit programmer
My master's thesis (android application in java) was written so badly due to time constraints that I had to call GC manually every so often so it wouldn't start deleting UI elements or crashing and it still worked well enough to be presentable on a low spec smartphone
also what kind of garbage-tier PC are you using that you can't run android studio

Java is PLENTY fast. You can get within 5% of C in JVM pretty easily by being an intelligent developer. Mark my words, if Android was mostly C we'd have the same performance but with more segfaults and vulns.

Anyone know of any programs that would let you put programs & applications into those old java phones like the Nokia N95 or Samsung Evergreen

What's going to happen when Java stop's getting support?

ehhh??