/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread Post your questions here

/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Post your questions here

>Read
→ → → → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4 (embed)
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j (embed)
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt (embed)
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7 (embed)

old thread:

Attached: 31 crop.jpg (1500x1500, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sukima.me/bv/t/BT0000537806/v/1/s/4/p/0
academictorrents.com/
google.com/search?q=kuradoberi_jam_guilty_gear_drawn_by_rustle
amazon.com/VIZIO-SB3821-C6-38-Inch-Wireless-Subwoofer/dp/B00SMBG8QY
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why am i gay

There's nothing wrong with liking what you see when you open up your underoos.

Why did white people stop being awesome and become soicuck leftie faggots who don't advance anything anymore except quantities of meme genders?

((()))

Jam is a good girl

Is there a standard way in GNU/Llinux to have a separate version of chromium/firefuchs (like a portable app on windows) which separately stores cache/history? mostly to have a normie version for public/friends, then a version for 4chin and normie unfriendly browsing

Attached: 1530665410457.jpg (1280x960, 264K)

Are images loading slowly on Jow Forums or is it just me?

Since hiro took over they have. He dosent know what he is doing.

I should have been more clear. Have they started loading even slower last few days?

They have been loading at their slowest the past 3 years

>it's fine to be gay
Cringe

Practically speaking, is it possible to implement a hash table that has a low, fixed number of array entries?

Thank you for not posting an animu-

Anyone here framiliar with M-disks? Thinking of using some to archive documents (and a copy of templeos and tinycore linux). Less than 2GB total. My archival plan is as follows:
>stick docs in folder
>compress and encrypt with 7zip
>Make at least 3 4.7GB m-discs with folder
>put 2 of them and a usb disk drive in safe deposit box
>keep other one handy

I also have a bunch (

How do I fuck Jam

>7zip
use lrzip for maximum archival purposes. use zpag and level 9 for archiving

Whata the best way to get a pirated copy of Windows 10 these days? Are there any limitations on a pirated copy?

How do I make my firefox look like this ? Is it even possible in v61.0 ?

Attached: scrot_2018083127_1366x768_0.png (1366x768, 556K)

Not firefox, its one of those basic webkit "browsers"

Yes.

I'm awesome, fuck you

Hello, I don't know whether this question would best be suited in here or /tpg/, but I recently received a T420 and would like to coreboot it. How exactly would i go about doing that?

can you please explain in more detail ?
what should I do to make something like that ?

You can literally download windows 10 from microsoft and use a windows 7 product key from any old PC. You can also extract the product key from laptops that have it baked into the motherboard with win 8, 8.1, or 10.

What's a good 3.5mm wire?

where's somewhere I can pirate school text books, I'm not about to spend $300 dollars on this stupid book.

> want to open IT services business
>have the potential customers
>have the exp
> contracts
>suppliers, ..
>just need todo the paperwork and that stuiff

do i just start? what am i missing?
currently full time employed

Attached: 1535398981352.jpg (500x710, 37K)

Jam is my jam, share sauce please.

Liability insurance, and figure out if you want to act as a contractor/freelancer or storefront.

Trying to rip the images off here: sukima.me/bv/t/BT0000537806/v/1/s/4/p/0
I think they're called by a script but my JS skills are basically zero. Anyone who can tell me where they're stored?

open your browsers developer console, go to the network tab and filter by images.

Literally the first link in OP.

My new display is 59.95 Hz instead of 60. Could this be a reason for horrible screen tearing in games and mpv, or is it just because X11 is shit? How does one enforce "custom resolutions" on linux? xrandr and xorg conf doesn't seem to do shit

Test

hey Jow Forumsuys, I just installed a pirated copy of W7 a few days ago, did the whole shebang, got a keyloader, etc. but now its asking me for a "windows activation". within 26 days. fucks up with that? is it safe? will the key thing fool it ?

Attached: angry skinner.jpg (404x304, 14K)

Is my Hackintosh install broken, or does OSX not have a fade when windows close?

I am trying to use parted magic to secure erase an old SSD. No matter what I do it still shows up as frozen. I’ve tried putting the computer to sleep and reawakening it as well as hard rebooting, complete with unplugging the computer and leaving it that way for a few minutes.

Is there some kind of bios option I need to disable?

Setup an LLC

>keyloader
kek, just do phone activation on an untouched iso

>fagOS
It was broken before you ever installed it.

well color me clueless cause I have no idea what you are talking about.

Is there ANY way to use Coffee Lake's integrated graphics on Windows 7? What about Linux? I want to use an old display with a VGA connector but I don't want to change my damn OS to do it.

Thanks user. Was looking through the html inspector for a good half hour, didn't know you could do that.

>where's somewhere I can pirate school text books, I'm not about to spend $300 dollars on this stupid book.
academictorrents.com/
If it's not there, just rent them from Amazon.

google.com/search?q=kuradoberi_jam_guilty_gear_drawn_by_rustle

Anyone knowledgable with Hackintosh? I've installed it on a dedicated SSD but I can't see my (NTFS) HDD for data, it's not even showing up in the DiskUtil.

I know it's possible to read/write to a NTFS drive using something like Paragon NTFS, but I can't even see the drive at all. I switched to AHCI in my BIOS and made sure I shut down my PC without hibernating or anything.

Phone activation isn't directly applicable. Look at the first pastebin in OP.

Sure. Linux is no problem. 7 won't happen.

don't use a pirated copy of W7, just download an iso which hasn't been touched at all (or not "hacked" if you want) and then use the phone activation system

>macintrash
Found your problem.

I know, it's a cheap soundbar.
But is it worth getting?
amazon.com/VIZIO-SB3821-C6-38-Inch-Wireless-Subwoofer/dp/B00SMBG8QY

I have a really nice samsung smarttv but the sound is horrendous sometimes.

Attached: OZ tobias beecher.jpg (461x346, 20K)

My stepfather bought a PC with 32 GB ram, is it even possible to use all of that?

If you're doing heavy video encoding it is, it's useless for most people.

If he's never had legit win7 activated on that PC before, that's not helpful.

Attached: 1529385632510.jpg (474x398, 28K)

He plays battlefield 1 once in a while.

Then it's fucking dumb for him to have 32GB of RAM.

okay, can I just install it clean on top without erasing anything?

You're gonna wanna do a clean install here.

For gayman would 16 GB ram be best or could one do with just 8 GB?

8 GB is fine for most usages but I'll go with 16 GB just to be safe.

If you like to leave your browser and shit running in the background, 12 is comfy.

>dosent know what caching is
>dosent know what tmpfs is
linuxatemyram.com

Roger that, cheers for the tip.

Attached: 12935505172.png (500x375, 72K)

Allow me to rephrase: if you're doing heavy heavy video encoding or if you are a power user then yes, 32GB of RAM is interesting.

If you're asking if you need 32GB or RAM, chances are you don't.

>power user
The typical browser will eat 32 gb of ram if you leave it up, and with the commonality of ssd's in even granma builds, 32gb of ram would easily be cached with even light usage.

I'm sitting on chromium with 12 tabs open and 2 file managers open and im using 4gb while the other 12gb is buffered/cached.
Even granma would use 32gb through buffering and caching if she used her computer to browse facebook and youtube

Is there some meme behind AMD processors I dont know about? People are always simultaneously sucking their cock and talking shit.

>the virgin AMD
>the chad NVIDIA

LaTeX doesn't load on /sci/ please help. I am using FF with vanilla ublock settings.

Is there a TI-Basic equivalent on phones? When I program my ti-84 its pretty easy, and i just select the needed functions of code through a menu and i have complete control over the display. Is there an equivalent for android? I'd want to be able to not type out "for" "while" etc, and just be able to create something with ease. And I would prefer if i had access to drawing within a display.

Attached: 1514164746058.jpg (480x480, 23K)

...Anonymous
09/02/18(Sun)12:28:50 No.67423645
4770k with ht disabled vs 2700x in 4K 60hz gaming, will there be a difference?

I’m using 1080 ti tfw

I have a cool project idea. It'd be a Door Dash type application. How can I get started building it?

cute drawing of me

I made the mistake of installing waterfox two years ago. Now the piece of shit has been bugging on me, for example it no longer remembers the new passwords i give for the websites I visit. It is also becoming slow as hell. I already have Irdium installed but I have been using waterfox for so long and I need to figure out a way to move all of my files to iridium.
any fast way to do this?

Browser forks are a meme. Just get used to vanilla ff. Your life will be much simpler.

you can download untouched W7 isos here :

mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

don't forget to md5sum to check the integrity of the downloaded iso

Brainlet here.

How to get good wi-fi signal in a concrete house with a shitton of rebar? I legit can't get signal past 2 walls. That's how bad the situation is. Does 5ghz routers make any difference at all in this situation? And if that's the case, is it standard for all devices, say phones and laptops, to accept 5ghz?

What's a decent way of updating Windows 8.1 without installing shitty updates and not having to check one by one which are awful?

I urgently need the Realtek USB WLAN driver (Win7-64) and Realtek's site is shit. Where else would there be a clean installer for it?

What's the best method to back up photos from an Android phone on Ubuntu?

Attached: 1535624373125.jpg (1080x1080, 246K)

Try installing 3rd party SATA drivers, or removing them. Without any software, it should be able to at least detect the drive and read (not write) files. If you get it working, I would recommend Tuxera, and don't you dare pay for it.

why is my computer so slow? I always update it to the latest update and I clean it every day

Attached: Schermopname (9).png (1920x1080, 650K)

>windows
>why is this slow?

WSUS offline

pastebin.com/quC0gz4j

>energiebesparing
i'm assuming this is the powersaving mode? try openening the power options and use the high performance plan.
if it's still slow, your hardware is just bad and there's probably nothing you can do.

it's basically always on 1,68 ghz its 4 core

Attached: Schermopname (12).png (1920x1080, 619K)

What you should install linux on my laptop?

my specifications are

Operating system: Windows 10 home single language

Processor: ADM E1-2100 APU with Radeon (TM) HD Graphics 1.00 GHz

RAM memory: 2.00 GB (1.47 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64 processor

Windows (C:) 384 GB available from 439 GB

Recovery (D:) 2.69 GB available from 24.0 GB

do you have an SSD? buy a small one and clone the system on it
add 2 additional GBs of RAM if possible
is your installation of windows recent? if not, reinstall

please rephrase your question, I don't understand it

it's supposed to be an ssd, ram is soldered, this is the most recent build of windows

Attached: Schermopname (13).png (1920x1080, 1.37M)

actually, the answer is most likely to add RAM
windows 10 will easily use 1,5 GB just for the OS, your PC is certainly memory starved

What would be the best Linux system for my laptop?

The specifications of my laptop are

Operating system: Windows 10 home single language

Processor: ADM E1-2100 APU with Radeon (TM) HD Graphics 1.00 GHz

RAM memory: 2.00 GB (1.47 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64 processor

Windows (C:) 384 GB available from 439 GB

Recovery (D:) 2.69 GB available from 24.0 GB

that's a problem
either replace the computer or install some lightweight version of linux at this point
you could also try sabotaging cortana and disabling aero

that could be it, maybe the ram is bottlenecking everything

Attached: Schermopname (14).png (1920x1080, 169K)

I have tried Linux, but I am having problems with the audio drivers, this is a known problem with cherry trail laptops

What's the most legit/clean driver site that isn't going to give me driveby installs? Realtek's website is extremely slow and unstable

Last I heard rustle was going blind, is he still making doujins?

USB DACs cost pretty much nothing and could be a solution if you want to have sound without relying on internal hardware since you don't have linux drivers for it

Is the site shitting itself again?

I'd recommend Lubuntu 18.04

question regarding multiple GPUs. I need to hook up moar screens and i'd like to have decent graphics on them, but i don't want to buy another gtx 1080. i know laptops have this feature that lets you choose which gpu renders the image, and then it's sent over pcie to the one that's connected to the monitor if need be. Can I do this with desktops too on win7? Could I just buy a gt 730 or whatever and use it to display the 1080?