What do you guys think of the 2017 MacBook Air for a college student with an interest in music production?

what do you guys think of the 2017 MacBook Air for a college student with an interest in music production?

Attached: sonicyouth.jpg (1920x1080, 657K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FdS3tjEIqUA
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_pro/specs/mac-pro-quad-core-2.8-mid-2010-nehalem-specs.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get a 2015 MacBook Pro.

The macbook air hasn't been updated in quite a long time, and the last update to the line wasn't anything significant.

If you want apple hardware, you will be better served by the retina macbook.

A new air is rumored though, so maybe hold off for a few months.

You should pick your hardware for the hardware itself. I recommend using a free software program for music production so you don't become reliant on proprietary software.

We don't serve future homeless here.

hm I just got the latest MacBook Air last night and am loving it so far. the retina MacBook is sick though, a little small for my taste

Fuck no. At least not the Air. In fact I would go for most anything else but a Macbook nowadays, you have so many viable options that can handle production as well or better than a Mac for way cheaper.
Are you trying to be an Ableton EDM person or do actual multitracking/recording/mixing?

hey I'm a social work major. I just happen to be an edgy teen in a band as well. I love mu dearly though

I would refund and wait for the 2018 model.

the latter, but why would you stray away from MacBooks? isn't macOS supposed to be amazing?

It's still a very solid laptop, but the screen is pretty outdated. Battery life is bae tho.

Also I suppose one advantage it has over others in the line is that it still features legacy ports and magsafe. Not quite reasons to buy in my book, but some would see the value.
There are arguments to be made about the apple ecosystem. And windows 10- is such hot fucking garbage, maybe he doesn't want to fuck with a linux install.

/thread

eh I start school In a couple of days. I have the 2017 MacBook Air, I don't think they would do anything crazy with the next one.

lol. suppose I did have an interest in fashion and was a supporter of the lgbt community, why wouldn't I be able to come to the tech board and ask a reasonable question about tech?yeah the battery life is sick, and the screen was the one qualm I had, but honestly I've grown to like it more.

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge & loose at bottom
>flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX has horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a heavy 95WHr battery
>even XTREME GAMER laptops like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Windows laptops in battery life
>huge battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>abysmally crippled cooling system leads to constant overheating
>constant overheating leads to chronic throttling to 800mhz
>heat exhaust BLOWS HOT AIR ONTO SCREEN
>screen assembly HELD TOGETHER WITH GLUE
>retina meme for "pros" have have glossy mirror screen impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>memetouch emojibar
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life
>no USB-A
>no escape

>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>keyboard fails and requires $1000 repair if a speck of dust gets under a key
youtube.com/watch?v=FdS3tjEIqUA

>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously

>macshit literally has the build quality of a $200 acer for 10x the price
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Attached: 1514043622014.jpg (656x611, 83K)

Then go back to for fashion accessory advice, Jow Forums is for technology.

throttling was fixed in an update. Get rekt.

Attached: 1532011361438.jpg (1080x1370, 291K)

>"""""""""""fixed"""""""""
get rekt

Attached: 1512637444886.png (1280x888, 1.07M)

I felt the breeze that the tipping of your fedora caused across my chad penis

>macshit
Never again.

Attached: 1523524063395.jpg (989x1005, 172K)

>MacBook Air for a college student with an interest in music production
nononononononononononono

if you must mac .. then get this:

everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_pro/specs/mac-pro-quad-core-2.8-mid-2010-nehalem-specs.html

load that fucker up with ram and you can run latest version of mac os. you can upgrade the fuck out of this machine.

fuck all machines that come after.