got it halfway working. At that point, I found it was hard to learn,
harder to get used to, and hardest to do anything useful since none of
the programs were familiar.

Two days later the computer stopped working entirely and would not even
boot. I spent hours fighting with it, tried to reinstall linux and it
simply would not work. I removed the hard drive that linux was on,
plugged back in my Windows hard drive, and could not make the computer
boot up. I finally took it to a computer repair place, and was told the
CPU was dead. Cost to replace was more than another computer.

Hundreds of dollars later, I had another computer, with more power than
before. Once again, I removed the hard drive, and installed that same
spare harddrive with linux on it, only to discover that hard drive was
permanently damaged. So, I purchased another harddrive, installed it,
and installed another distro of linux that was listed to be one of the
best ones. A week of fighting with installing it, and trying to make it
work, I finally had a semi-working computer. Another week of struggling
with trying to learn and use Linux, I was ready to give up on it and put
the original Windows hard drive back. The next day I removed the linux
drive and put back the Windows drive, and found the computer would not
boot.

to be continued...

Attached: linux.png (329x153, 10K)

Once again, I took it to the repair shop and was told the CPU was
damaged, and there was damage to the RAM too. Total cost was more than
I paid for the computer. I also took along the linux harddrive, and was
told that the drive had permanent damage (a brand new drive). The
repairman asked me what I was doing with these computers. As soon as I
mentioned the word "Linux", he told me that's my problem. He said Linux
destroys computer hardware, and said he wont even allow it in his shop.
He said that simply installing a self booting Linux CD can wreck a
computer in minutes. mostly destroying the CPU and drives. This is
caused because Linux sends the wrong voltages to components and burns up
the CPU and other chips. It also plays havoc with harddrives, and
causes them to lose their ability to read and write data.

So, here I sit with 2 ruined computers, 2 dead harddrives, and around
$1200 worth of damages and repair bills. (Not including many hours of
wasted time). Since Linux is made by a bunch of computer geeks and
idiots with no real business address, there is no one to sue. Both my
computer repairman and lawyer said it's worthless to even try a lawsuit.

It's just one of those hard lessons to learn in life.

All I can do is warn others, to avoid Linux like a deadly disease. Dont
even try it, unless you want to intentionally destroy your computer.
From now on, I'll just stick with Microsoft, even if their operating
systems are bloated. At least they dont destroy computers, and they
operate from an actual business that exists in brick and mortar, not to
mention having actual online and phone support.

Attached: 2018-08-23 19.49.54.jpg (1014x891, 631K)

5 rupees has been deposited to your Windows Live account, Asif

This is the fakest bait I have ever see
Op
You win the ultimate faggotry award
Congrats

tldr

Probably the stupidest shit I've ever heard. IF this is true, incorrect drivers where probably making your chip tun hot and you were too big of a dumbass to notice or even check.
Some people just shouldn't be allowed to touch computers.

Attached: 1480978853308.jpg (640x800, 190K)

smile op

Attached: rms_snapy.jpg (640x480, 277K)

What forum did you steal this FUD from?

Attached: go back.png (1080x1080, 791K)

Bored redhat employees I see.

install gentoo.

Can confirm this. Linux turned my computer into a BOMB!

Linux doesn't control voltages, that's the BIOS's job, and they have intervals of operation. This is a bait thread period.

Fake
And
Gay
But I'll humor you op
Most sites and servers run, and run off of
You guessed it
LINUX
Why hasn't the internet exploded op
Why is Google server rooms not melting down as we speak
Atms and debit card pinpads would be bombs in every store
Gas pumps would burst into flames
But no
Your hard drive and cpu and motherboard was killed by a kernel
Congrats
You are the biggest retard this board has ever seen

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (1024x576, 101K)

Wrong. They run UNIX. UNIX is designed for servers, and most modern home PCs wouldn't be able to handle it. That's why hobbyist geeks like Linus made Linux.

'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as GNU/Linux, is in fact, GNU/GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus GNU/Linux. GNU/Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “GNU/Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a GNU/Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
GNU/Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. GNU/Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with GNU/Linux added, or GNU/GNU/Linux. All the so-called “GNU/Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/GNU/Linux.

>Wrong. They run UNIX.
Actually THIS is wrong, most servers run RedHat or CentOS, mainly because of RedHat support.

>The next day I removed the linux drive and put back the Windows drive, and found the computer would not boot.
Fake.
> This is caused because
Because you did not learn English that's why.
>Linux sends the wrong voltages to components
Linux can select from power states predefined by CPU/MB/GPU all of which are fine, not voltages.

OP stuck at sucking cocks.

Redhat is commercial, not hobbyist. It is stable and tested.

An actual, literal, unironic redhat shilling.

ReadHat isn't hobbyist so what you wrote in the OP is wrong. The end.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Red Hat, is in fact, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Red Hat plus Enterprise Linux. Enterprise Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Red Hat system made useful by the Red Hat corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full Hat as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the Red Hat system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Red Hat which is widely used today is often called “Red Hat”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Red Hat system, developed by the Red Hat Inc. There really is a Red Hat, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Red Hat is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Enterprise Linux is normally used in combination with the Red Hat operating Hat: the whole Red Hat is basically Red Hat with Enterprise Linux added, or Red Hat/Enterprise Linux. All the so-called “Enterprise Linux” distributions are really habidashers of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Red Hat.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Red Hat plus Enterprise Linux, is in fact, Red Hat Enterprise plus GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Red Hat Enterprise plus GNU plus Linux.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Red Hat, is in fact, Red Hat Enterprise GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Red Hat plus Enterprise GNU/GNU/Linux. Enterprise GNU/Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Red Hat system made useful by the Red Hat corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full Hat as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the Red Hat system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Red Hat which is widely used today is often called “Red Hat”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Red Hat system, developed by the Red Hat Inc. There really is a Red Hat, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Red Hat is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Enterprise GNU/Linux is normally used in combination with the Red Hat operating Hat: the whole Red Hat is basically Red Hat with Enterprise GNU/Linux added, or Red Hat/Enterprise GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Enterprise GNU/Linux” distributions are really habidashers of Red Hat Enterprise GNU/Linux Red Hat.

what is the original context of this picture?

All you could provide is an image used for the average anti-linux b8 on Jow Forums. I mean, hard proofs comes first as at this point your post is nothing but shitposting that makes kids aware about linux and makes anti-linux fags a laughingstock.

Attached: b8_.png (625x626, 24K)

You either bought into the Arch meme or bought into the Gentoo meme. Well done you played yourself.

>5' 11 3/4" tall
>180 pounds
>clear skin
>non-fat gf
>small circle of friends kept at arms length

>50% of my time spent managing a team of developers and interacting with normie boomer execs
>50% of my time spent in academia, doing linguistics and CS research, giving conference presentations
>daily drive the artix distribution of gnu plus linux on a thinkpad t470
>literally never use any other machine or operating system plus kernel

My shit never breaks because I'm not retarded. I get shit DONE on my computer because I don't waste time ricing and tweaking autistic shit. I use BONE STOCK lxqt+i3 lmfao. GNU plus Linux is great, especially when you're smart enough to remove SystemD and use a DE. All of you fucking NEETs are NOTHING compared to me. I am a SUCCESS STORY for reformed autists. Get your shit together and you could be like me one day. Clean your room, bucko!

That is not the original poster.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-02-22-34-22-1.png (1006x1439, 245K)

I also fell for the Arch meme and I have been using it as my main OS for quite a while. Because of your reply I am now very afraid. What do? Pls help, it works very well at the moment and I don't want it to stop working.

Attached: 1492544839964.jpg (680x709, 122K)

>tried to burn a dvd using linux
>finished cleaning the disk
>somehow the disk isn't found anymore
>bios doesn't recognize any bootable medium
>windows doesn't recognize it either
linux fired my cd drive, cool eh? This wouldn't have happened if I used properly written software

You're a dumbass.

Attached: 1504563095661.jpg (9999x9999, 2.67M)

srsly, HOW MUCH DO THEY PAY YOU? and do you really think someone who's on Jow Forums in 2018 is going to believe that bullshit story?

Attached: OP.png (1114x732, 484K)

Not an arguement.

Attached: _0.jpg (1079x1367, 273K)

what kind of pasta is this?

Based.

underrated

>mfw OP unironically took the time to type out this shit
How come my shitty ancient laptop is running Debian just fine?

Attached: take.gif (382x450, 704K)

>This is
>caused because Linux sends the wrong voltages to components and burns up
>the CPU and other chip
kys
what the fuck is with all these threads posting dumb shit about linux what the fuck

/

slashdot/10

Fake and gay. This literally does not happen, regardless of the OS. The software you run on the computer cannot damage the CPU or RAM. Maybe the disk if it writes it too much but Linux doesn't do this.

>Linux sends the wrong voltages to components and burns up the CPU and other chips
No it doesn't. None of this is handled in software. It's all regulated in hardware.

You posted shit that literally cannot happen, because that isn't how computers work. Go tell your fairytales to r*ddit.

Attached: 1535832650368.png (650x650, 43K)

hahahaha! he's a phoneposter too

I'm still waiting upon my next paycheck so that I can purchase a new computer. Unless you know where I can get a new computer, phone posting is all I can do.

Only one PC?
Fucking casual.

YES! thank you! I couldn't find any of the old satirical "Linux is the devil's work" pastas, but OP provides!

post moar "gahnoo+loonix fuk mai life" pastas/stories

>self booting CD
>CD
What century are we in again?

BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker named Linyos Torovoltos, before the Russians lost the Cold War. It is based on a program called " xenix", which was written by Microsoft for the US government. These programs are used by hackers to break into other people's computer systems to steal credit card numbers. They may also be used to break into people's stereos to steal their music, using the "mp3" program. Torovoltos is a notorious hacker, responsible for writing many hacker programs, such as "telnet", which is used by hackers to connect to machines on the internet without using a telephone.

Your son may try to install " lunix" on your hard drive. If he is careful, you may not notice its presence, however, lunix is a capricious beast, and if handled incorrectly, your son may damage your computer, and even break it completely by deleting Windows, at which point you will have to have your computer repaired by a professional.

If you see the word "LILO" during your windows startup (just after you turn the machine on), your son has installed lunix. In order to get rid of it, you will have to send your computer back to the manufacturer, and have them fit a new hard drive. Lunix is extremely dangerous software, and cannot be removed without destroying part of your hard disk surface.

This shilling bullshit was just as pathetic when you posted it to 8ch's /tech/ board. fuck off microsoft valve is helping us dethrone you.

2001 was 17 geologicals eras ago ):

almost every web page you visit runs Linux. you're a fucking retarted child

Nice try NSA

Attached: 1465126893570-1.jpg (680x680, 56K)

dont list 3/4", it makes you seem desperate

t. fellow manlet

3 4

>hurrdur no boot
>bring shop
>shop take advantage
>want rock back

>he thinks the OS controls voltage
>takes him a week to run an installer
>acting like a complete cunt

Shit bait or your repair man us robbing you blind

what a load of FUD

Every OS sucks*

Stopped reading at 'cpu was dead' that is stupid and never happened, literally if anything were to break, it would be your HDD, not the fucking CPU

I don't like Unix operating systems and wanted to try something
different. The computer had a working installation of GNU/Linux, which
had been running well despite being from Canonical. Rather than delete
it, I just changed to another hard drive. I installed Windows. The
installation process was very painful. Getting it to cooperate with the
hardware was worse, and of course there is no real support. I finally
got it halfway working. At that point, I found it was hard to learn,
harder to get used to, and hardest to do anything useful since
none of the programs were familiar.

Two days later the computer stopped working entirely and would not even
boot. I spent hours fighting with it, tried to reinstall windows and it
simply would not work. I removed the hard drive that windows was on,
plugged back in my GNU/Linux hard drive, and could not make the computer
boot up. I finally took it to a computer repair place, and was told the
CPU was dead. Cost to replace was more than another computer.

Hundreds of dollars later, I had another computer, with more power than
before. Once again, I removed the hard drive, and installed that same
spare hard drive with windows on it, only to discover that hard drive was
permanently damaged. So, I purchased another hard drive, installed it,
and installed another version of windows that was listed to be one of the
best ones. A week of fighting with installing it, and trying to make it
work, I finally had a semi-working computer. Another week of struggling
with trying to learn and use Windows, I was ready to give up on it and put
the original GNU/Linux hard drive back. The next day I removed the windows
drive and put back the GNU/Linux drive, and found the computer would not
boot.

to be continued...

Once again, I took it to the repair shop and was told the CPU was
damaged, and there was damage to the RAM too. Total cost was more than
I paid for the computer. I also took along the windows hard drive, and
was told that the drive had permanent damage (a brand new drive). The
repairman asked me what I was doing with these computers. As soon as I
mentioned the word "Windows", he told me that's my problem. He said Windows
destroys computer hardware, and said he wont even allow it in his shop.
He said that simply installing a self booting Windows CD can wreck a
computer in minutes. mostly destroying the CPU and drives. This is
caused because Windows sends the wrong voltages to components and burns up
the CPU and other chips. It also plays havoc with hard drives, and
causes them to lose their ability to read and write data.

So, here I sit with 2 ruined computers, 2 dead hard drives, and around
$1200 worth of damages and repair bills. (Not including many hours of
wasted time). Since Windows is made by a bunch of indians and street
shitters with no real programming knowledge, there is no one to sue. Both
my computer repairman and lawyer said it's worthless to even try a lawsuit.

It's just one of those hard lessons to learn in life.

All I can do is warn others, to avoid Windows like a deadly disease.
Don't even try it, unless you want to intentionally destroy your computer.
From now on, I'll just stick with Canonical, even if their operating
systems are bloated. At least they don't destroy computers, and they
operate from an actual business that exists in brick and mortar,
not to mention having actual online and phone support.

>UNIX
there is no such thing moron

if real and you used debian or any of it's derivatives it was most likely cdrkit for which you can thank the related debian ''''devs''''

a very stupid one

it's ancient

>They may also be used to break into people's stereos to steal their music
kek

>mfw LILO is loli

Attached: 1519945306588s.jpg (125x113, 2K)

Installed ubuntu as a linux noob three days ago. Every single thing about linux is better, more control, less bloat, no shitware, highly customizable. The only single thing windows is superior at is gaming, and we are at the point linux is going to match performance in that as well. Yr either a shill or this is 0/10 bait mate

ITT
newfags that respond to a copypasta that recently resurfaced because it got posted on reddit (from a quick google search)

Good job faggots

my first thought as well

kill yourself, op

Are you saying that this linux can run on a computer without windows underneath it, at all ? As in, without a boot disk, without any drivers, and without any services ?

That sounds preposterous to me.

If it were true (and I doubt it), then companies would be selling computers without a windows. This clearly is not happening, so there must be some error in your calculations. I hope you realise that windows is more than just Office ? Its a whole system that runs the computer from start to finish, and that is a very difficult thing to acheive. A lot of people dont realise this.

Microsoft just spent $9 billion and many years to create Vista, so it does not sound reasonable that some new alternative could just snap into existence overnight like that. It would take billions of dollars and a massive effort to achieve. IBM tried, and spent a huge amount of money developing OS/2 but could never keep up with Windows. Apple tried to create their own system for years, but finally gave up recently and moved to Intel and Microsoft.

Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to the point where it runs the entire computer from start to finish, without using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible.

I think you need to re-examine your assumptions.

Attached: 1514907022600.jpg (343x354, 26K)

nice pasta

>tfw

Attached: palin.jpg (759x572, 68K)