/spg/ - Smartphone General

BlackBerry Key2 LE Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: key-2le-colors-bbm.jpg (1412x736, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/google-camera-port-hub/
forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a1/how-to/tool-google-camera-root-magisk-enable-t3747585
flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16875209540
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1400724-REG/sony_1313_7910_xperia_xz2_compact_h8314.html
amazon.com/Nokia-6-1-Unlocked-Smartphone-T-Mobile/dp/B07B4KPFKM
fi.google.com/about/specs/#lg-g7-thinq
fi.google.com/about/specs/#lg-v35-thinq
ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOTO-G5-Plus-XT1687-32GB-Grey-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/142816850561
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-pocophone-f1
bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-z2-force-edition-64gb-super-black-sprint/5947345.p?skuId=5947345
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

horrible edition AGAIN, you're a shitty baker OP

>nonsliding physical keyboard in 2018
FFS we have sliding front facing cameras at this point

>waiting for the kevlar Poco to appear on Ali

Attached: 1443641460524.jpg (700x500, 42K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180902-160718.png (1080x2160, 709K)

iPhone 8 Plus 256gb going to be dropped down to $750 likely this year?

More excited for the regular Pixel 3 desu

Any good short male usb-c to male 3.5mm adapters out there that would allow me to connect a portable DAC/amp to my portlet phone?

Me too I'm about to pull the trigger where is it?

>dat notch
just got a pixel 2 XL yesterday. glad I didn't wait for the 3

No, they'll probably cut the price by $100 when the new iPhones launch like last year with iPhone 7.

Attached: TWO MONTHS.png (963x243, 50K)

Thanks god for blackberry

Attached: drd1emw31ij11.png (348x145, 55K)

redmi note 6 master race heed my call

Attached: Screenshot_20180902-193124~2.png (705x687, 315K)

Why is poco so fucking ugly?

have you looked at the mirror lately?

Attached: 1469910642182.gif (400x400, 2.61M)

Mexican friend bought Mi A1 on amazon because it was cheap. She likes the phone a lot, but complains about poor camera quality (even though it was a budget phone, duh), so i remembered that Mi A1 can run GCam. How complicated is the installation? Is it true that updated versions cant install it? If there's a video or guide in detail, it'd be appreciated.

Attached: 1509645775199.jpg (302x448, 45K)

You just have to sideload it
xda-developers.com/google-camera-port-hub/

cfw? how much? work with tmobile?

> (((someone))) ""left""
yeah sure

Attached: 1515760040868.jpg (1280x1055, 373K)

Here I am again with the LG G7 that makes a hissing/crackling sound with headphones on when charging.
Will it Note 7 itself or am I gonna be fine?

So i literally just download and install the apk.? Hmmm... i heard that recent updates made it harder.

Do we even know what bands will it have if bought from there?

Not that simple. You need to unlock the bootloader to enable Camera2api.
forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a1/how-to/tool-google-camera-root-magisk-enable-t3747585

meh, unlock the bootloader, sideload magisk, then check the build.prop file to see if the line for camera2api is enabled, you have to make sire that's done first before side loading the GCam port or else it won't work

is there any better 64-bit ROM for the Moto G5+ other than the July build of Pixel Experience? I want to install microG, but i don't want a shitty kernel that will run down the battery, also best GCam port outside of the one rolled into PEx?

What is the most aggresively sexual phone that will get me thots?

I'm thinking either the iPhone X or the Vivo Nex

Huawei P20 Pro master race

coping

Why are modern Smartphones so shit? The Sony Xperia Z series was the pinnacle of smartphones.

Will it be better than the poco?

>open box but otherwise brand new Motor G6 for $200 at best buy

Did I do okay?

You missed a better deal here, new Moto X4 for $199.99:
flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16875209540

it should nearly be half the price with a snapdragon 660 and 4 gigs of ram so basically yeah worth it

Oh shit, maybe it's not too late for me to return it

Release date/price/specs?

Largest sellers always list the global versions separately and give a detailed tech sheet, sometimes a link to Kimovil as well.

>Get a Moto G6+
>It has camera2api enabled out of the box
>Install gcam mod
>It just works
Ah yes

Typing this from BB Keyone Black
Best phone I've ever had. Touchfags will never know the comfiness of this keyboard.

Amazing battery life, decentish screen, perfect for business

DEAL ALERT

Sony XZ2 Compact $469 ($180 off)
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1400724-REG/sony_1313_7910_xperia_xz2_compact_h8314.html

Nokia 6.1 $229 ($40 off)
amazon.com/Nokia-6-1-Unlocked-Smartphone-T-Mobile/dp/B07B4KPFKM

LG G7 $449 with activation on Google Fi ($300 off)
fi.google.com/about/specs/#lg-g7-thinq

LG V35 $599 with activation on Google Fi ($300 off)
fi.google.com/about/specs/#lg-v35-thinq

Motorola G5 Plus $129 new (open box)
ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOTO-G5-Plus-XT1687-32GB-Grey-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/142816850561

Moto X4 $199.99 ($100 off)

the new iPhone XS if you can, any iPhone otherwise. Bitches love iPhones

>mfw Mi Max

having big hands is comfy

Attached: 1500795569753.jpg (352x351, 45K)

I need a cheap android phone unlocked that runs OSRS mobile. Suggestions?

Attached: 1535291437373.jpg (540x508, 46K)

iPhone SE 64GB for $145. smash or pass?

Country/carrier? Budget?

>its pol's fault Xiaomi makes you wait two months to unlock the bootloader

US, Sprint, less than $100 preferrably

All this talk of pocomeme where do I actually get one in Australia?

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-pocophone-f1

I don't trust any tech companies to put out another good feature phone. New 3310 and 8810 were bad and 2g is getting shut down by TMobile next year.
The least offensive phone on the market is the XZ1 compact. Where's the cheapest place to get it, and should I wait for deals?

>less than $100
Can't get anything decent with that budget. Here's a decent deal, Moto Z2 Force for $120:
bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-z2-force-edition-64gb-super-black-sprint/5947345.p?skuId=5947345

It's $399 on Amazon, can't find it for sale anywhere else. Might want to wait for it to go on sale, it's been on sale for $359 before.

sorry I meant $125

>notch
>master race

Can't imagine paying $850 in 2018 for a 5.5" iPhone 8 Plus when their new 5.8" iPhone is supposed to be $800 for 128gb.

that was prolly mine. i returned that shit an got a iphone X lmao

so, I just lowered my phone's resolution to 720p using adb because the gui didn't allow it. will I save more battery this way?

No

That background doesn't match with the red at all. Get some taste you swine.

>no pixel watch
Shame.

>what is useless dick waving
yes, shame you can't have that

Any Labor Day sales you're looking forward to?

check ozbargain

Poco doesn't have band 28 but Vodafone don't even use band 28 so all is good

so whats the catch with the pocophone
i see lots of pajeets talking about it on youtube

bs

cheap and powerful, to reddits specific taste

Latin American version is to support B28

Why Xiaomi seems like to be only one which makes phones with large batteries? Redmi note 4 is goat with 4100 mAh battery.

How is snapdragon 845 compared to 625 in terms of battery life?

depends on the kernel and the screen resolution and type

How Xiaomi is making any money out of this pocomeme?

margins

£200 or less, UK
Must have expandable memory and headphone jack.

Money isn't their priority with Poco, they want to fuck Oppo and Huawei raw and increase their market share.

czech'd
Redmi Note 5 Global

redmi note

Oh ok, I'm ok with my redmi note 4. Going to install Lineage OS to this thing when Android 9 comes.

So what's up with that android project treble? Now almost every new phone has it so they can in theory get updates like older computers running linux or windows?

it works in their foreign countries. it's powerful, and inexpensive in comparison to flagships (400 vs 800)

So this poco thingy is the newest oneplus one? Oneplus marketshare will surely drop since they have drifted from the original concept to jewish prices.

I was gonna get mi max 3 but was a bit worried about the size
Now i remember im a big boi and shouldve just got it, o well, mi8 here soon :^)

>making money

They paid an extra $22 per unit for the SoC, yet they marked the MSRP up to $400 on a phone that would otherwise go for $250. That's all chink profit baby.

This phone supposedly have liquidcooling, wtf?

It's just a heatpipe, but it seems it does its job well.

Attached: poco.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

that just means it has thermal paste attached to a heatpipe. chinese phone companies use english terms very loosely

Is it worthy to swap my LG G6 for a S8+? The opportunity presented but I'm not sure to take it or not

depends on if you're G6 is a carrier model or unlocked

okay my friend needs a new phone. hes willing to pay 200-300 what should i recommend him? i was thinking redmi note 5 but dont know if anythinf better. also hes a sped so he wont be changing rom, is the custom rom that xiamo rm5 have good?

Get note 8 or op6.

Just buy a thinkpad x230 from [email protected] for $50 shipped. He takes bitcoin. Everybody on Jow Forums knows about Larry. He has a sick YouTube channel about technology and computers..

BQ Aquarius X2
stop spamming this bullshit you fucking scammer

nice scam

Its carrier free, bought it about a year or so ago and it's the LG G6 H870ds version. I would consider to change it if the battery life is better than the G6.

I don't play games on my phone, I don't really need my camera to have stellar, crystal quality, and I hate fuckhuge phones. But try to convince me why should I pick the Redmi Note 5 instead of the Mi A1

its not, also the dev community for the G6 is better, keep your G6

also hes with tmobile in the us and according to the amazon reviewa it seems to not properly work with tmobile signals