Why does Jow Forums hate java so much?

Why does Jow Forums hate java so much?

Attached: java.png (1833x1833, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pzemtsov.github.io/2018/07/18/building-queue-from-cpp-to-java.html
techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r16&hw=ph&test=db
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Unemployment

People hate popular things. Java is not perfect, so people will always find a target, the language isn't actually abd though, not worse than most others.

Excessive verbosity.

Its COBOL with some OOP and a Virtual machine on top

They've probably heard on Jow Forums that you're supposed to hate it.
One reason to hate it is that since it's so popular it's often used to write bad code by people who don't know how to program very well.

java is a good language, i don't hate it

the verbosity is pretty ridiculous, but that's definitely not what anybody should be basing their opinions on, especially when java has the best IDE support of any language, which makes coding it a lot quicker and makes it way more manageable to get through the verbosity

babbies first language

A few reasons:
>Used by and promoted as being for large businesses, making it a tool of "the Man"
>Language forces OOP and tends to be verbose, furthering the impression that it is boring and painful.
>Is hated by the suckless and cat-v crowd for the above reasons as well as being "too complicated"
>JVM is seen as too slow compared to C
>Because of business culture in India + popularity of the language + Sturgeon's law, people who write Java are seen as Pajeets who are using it to write huge design pattern monstrosities for their job, and have no appreciation for the art of computer programming.
I'm not sure how much of that is actually true however.

shit performance

fpbp
/thread

They couldn't get their MSc because their coding sucks, so they will complain about it in their neet lair, for the rest of their lives.

I never hated verbosity. Sometiems there is some boilerplate code that I just have to write, it sucks, an IDE can help me though, but in most cases I code while I also think about the solution, I think about the algorithm and design and the writing happens almost automaticaly in the background.

Attached: job.png (1000x1000, 58K)

Java is still a million times better than JavaScript.

>Why does Jow Forums hate one of the most popular programming languages in the world?

Jow Forums is full of special snowflake NEETs with oddball preferences. Go figure.

This

Success breeds jealousy.

>700 Scratch offerings
nani

Attached: cartoonlu.png (2048x2732, 830K)

oop is ass, complexity is ass, vm is ass

VM, makes it slower and take a ton of memory
verbosity, java has very few shortcuts which makes writing it take longer, and sometimes readability is worse (but enforcing this mindset does lead to some pretty clean and consistent code)
no generics... wait they fixed that

IMO it's a great language, just lacking in features that are nice to have, they are very conservative with adding new features. Compare to C# which has more features than anyone knows what to do with. But those features allow for easy to use and rich ecosystems like Unity3D and ASP.NET

Java is super comfy, and people in charge aren't dumb fuckwits like the people behind the 2.7/3 python fiasco. top fucking kek.

Attached: 18m4cslnrd2ngjpg.jpg (300x250, 6K)

Indians.

It's waaay too verbose. It gets in the way of a good, strong workflow.

And being the industry standard for Android development and enterprise, it's almost inavoidable.

Same reason they hate everything - it's successful, and they aren't.

Attached: 1532459713333.gif (305x185, 394K)

>Too verbose
>Shitty math libraries
>OO, but doesn't commit to pure OO

That's not even close to being true.

I don't hate Java. Actually the Java ecosystem is amazing. But after using Kotlin though it's painful to go back. Java really is too verbose.

Also I worked with a bunch of Boomer Java developers who were completely hostile to learning anything new, so it kind of turned me off Java development teams.

Because it useful and you can get shit done

Only reason I hate it.

OOP as a paradigm forces people to write inefficient and convoluted code.
It's not bad, though I wish it took some of the good stuff from C++ (operator overloading, multiple inheritance, unsigned numerical types etc)

this

about 75% of those "Java" jobs are people that need javascript but don't know the difference.

>implying you can't write perfectly fine imperative code in java

Car car = new Car();

it's comfy and easy as fuck to wrap your head around but it's not "cool" like python or c# and indians love it

this

And what's the issue with that?

the browser plugin is god awful

only beaten by flash
not that it lessens the (dis)honor

>java
DEPRICATED

Attached: 1c.jpg (1240x580, 33K)

Attached: Screenshot_7.png (874x39, 5K)

i fucking wish it would let me pass by reference primitive data values, and also please add unsigned numbers

Sir, please do the needful.

I love java

C++ > Every Other Language Except > Java

C# exists

Attached: 1_KfPS83i8RpEPvyKwcjs6Og.png (906x697, 154K)

C#'s ecosystem is nothing compared to Java's.

This. Kotlin has ruined me.

>final Car car = new Car();

Kotlin runs on JVM

better than
let mut : Box = Car::new();

what lang is that?

wrong, with Java 10 it's:
var car = new Car();

Rust

>so it kind of turned me off Java development teams.

The worst part of Java is the community around it. Any community that likes things like Spring needs to be avoided. Also the JVM is slow as fuck if you try to limit its memory to something reasonable.

That's not valid Rust and even if you corrected it the type annotation would be superfluous.

Nobody uses Java 10 because it's only supported for 6 months.

unnecessary verbosity
>read(2)
vs
>java.io.FileInputStream.read()

import java.io.FileInputStream;

>implying it's not just FileStream.read()
>implying this isn't better and gets the point across

Java's verbosity is a boon, it is at the sweetspot between something like python and c++, verbose enough to give the reader enough information reason about the code without knowing every implementation/library but not so verbose that it is incomprehensible (unless you abuse Class / method naming)

>unless you abuse Class / method naming

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (601x554, 323K)

dumb meme

I don't hate it but sometimes I wonder why I need 6 times the amount of classes and abstractions just to sort a fucking array.

>Arrays.sort()

If you try to shit on Java, can you at least try?

Sorry sir, you haven't done the needful.

Stupidly redundant?

The new Java language features are pretty neato. I'm getting fucking pissed off at Oracle's new licensing scheme and LTS support though.

YOU FOOL

Manipulating the data is not allowed in this layer.

>789 Matlab openings
for what purpose

Attached: 209386402723.jpg (749x421, 34K)

who the fuck is hiring scratch programmers?

>Any community that likes things like Spring needs to be avoided.
This, Spring is a monstrosity.

>I'm a tech enthusiasts and journalist.
>Why 256? What a random number, it's probably unrelated and not a reference.

the JVM is actually fast as fuck and in some cases faster than C/C++

pzemtsov.github.io/2018/07/18/building-queue-from-cpp-to-java.html
techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r16&hw=ph&test=db

I agree though that spring is garbage and vert.x should be preferred

biggest problem with java is how fucking annoying it is to write. it's too verbose.

bullshit. Also learn to type properly, faggot.

> the JVM is actually fast as fuck and in some cases faster than C/C++

Not when you limit it's memory to something reasonable. Download some of the Tech Empower benchmark code and limit the amount of memory available to the JVM and see the results plummet. Your shitty Java website shouldn't need 16GB of RAM allocated to it just to serve requests in a reasonable amount of time.

Most JVM benchmarks are a joke because they give the JVM access to enough memory that garbage collection never needs to happen in their short benchmark suite.

Memory is cheap, especially on the server side. If you are running the JVM on the server there is no need to limit its memory, because that serer should only run your JVM software and not a bajillion other things.

And yes, I actually did run benchmarks on reasonable hardware (4-8gb ram) and noticed no maxing out of ram or slowdown. Amazon or IBM or Alibaba or Netflix wouldnt be so heavily invested in Java if it wasn't great for heavy serverside processing.

You can do the same thing with plenty of other languages at a fraction of the cost. The JVM is just bloat and Java's shitty libraries unnecessarily allocate like crazy. Go, despite being another shitty language, is going to eat a lot of Java's marketshare.

...(you) are retsrded

Maybe control systems

it's more like
var myFordFocus = new Car();
which is not very redundant
also you made it seem more redundant by giving the instance the name of the class, which isn't how it's generally used

That’s factually incorrect, i mean for fucks sake sepples and c are native you fuckwit.

Isn't that the way to do it in C#?

Go read about the JVM before spewing garbage. Jesus, Jow Forums is filled with first year CS armchair experts