Why is my internet so bad? I pay 64 bucks a month for xfinity 50 mbs internet and some cable chanels

Why is my internet so bad? I pay 64 bucks a month for xfinity 50 mbs internet and some cable chanels.

Why is it at 2 mbs

Attached: internet.png (813x480, 13K)

what is your modem

do you live in an apartment?

Unplug it for 5 minutes, and reconnect it. Meanwhile I'll calibrate the connection while it's booting up.
-xfinity tech

bump so i can find on phone to post pics

yes

OP here. modem is literally 25 feet from computer

Attached: 20180902_230706.jpg (3264x2448, 2M)

>xfinity
Infinity my ass. You get 50mbs for a certain quota, and after that your ass is throttled, as you can see.
>not reading the fineprint
dumbass

Attached: 1124446645.jpg (563x692, 65K)

>yes
there it is, sounds like Comcast techs fucked the wiring upon first installation, I bet your buildings wiring has a shit ton of splitters in it
that shit happened to a co-worker of mine, break the lease if you can

trust I've already realize they hold nothing but the highest standards for their employees who are well trained and knowledgeable. it's always a pleasure dealing with them..

fucking right but it's a monopoly so what can I do

it was fine like 2 days ago and my roommate and i both play online games

maybe you're being throttled

>fucking right but it's a monopoly so what can I do
>2mbps
Get a 3g smartphone with unlimited data, and tether.

what and just get up and move? yeah thats convenient and rational

hey, you chose to live in a complex that only has one ISP without doing your research
who's being unreasonable here?

I have a smart phone with unlimited data, would it be better just to use a hotspot

I'm on xfinity and my internet isn't that fast relatively speaking but my latency is nonexistent since I live right next to a major node

Attached: Screenshot 2018-09-02 22.14.24.jpg (358x163, 10K)

someone who's 23 and living in their first apartment being paid for by them self. The apartment coudnt be better but yeah theyre only wired for xfinity but i wasnt gunna give up a great apartment in an awesome location for 1400 a moth split both ways

go ask comcast idiot

cause thats not useless its almost midnight on sunday anyway the last thing i want to do is be on the phone with a pajeet for 30 min and end up gettiing no where

again, you shoukd have done your research
>using your age as an excuse
nigger I got my firat apartment when I was 22, don't give me that shit

also even with unlimited cant they start slowing you down after a certain point?

It's easier to just use a smartphone. Less issues with the network especially if you use a third party tehtering software that hides the fact that you are tethering.

what's the best tethering software that hides the fact you're tethering?

i guess yeah i fucked up not researching the internet, i did not think there would be these many contracts and shit

any recommendations for apps on android

You pay 64 ameribux for UP TO 50 Mbit/s. Be glad it's not slower.

>also even with unlimited cant they start slowing you down after a certain point?
Yes, but there are ways to not be affected. I'm not going to share how, because I rely on it since I can't get real internet hooked up to my neighborhood.

plz. i'll give u a $1

Sorry user. I really want to share how I do it, but I don't want to lose the ability to.
You could probably figure it out with a little trial, and error, research, and some not to expensive hardware.

DOCSIS ping still can't match fiber pings.

Attached: 2018-09-03 01_33_57.png (391x295, 12K)

Feels good man. I don’t even have a fiber connection. This is basic bitch xfinity too over WiFi.

Attached: C93F8886-8D5D-42A4-A655-AC1E4342AEB9.jpg (750x1285, 62K)

>wifi

Mainly due to lack of customers for fiber and older infrastructure for cable.

>be american

>Why is my internet so bad?
Because the FTC doesn't give a flying fuck about consumers.