Why doesn't Microsoft just make Windows free for consumers?

Why doesn't Microsoft just make Windows free for consumers?

95% of their Windows profits is businesses buying per-user fleet subscriptions since early 2000's, with machines custom imaged by the OEM with the corporate license already on the machine. All OEM consumer prebuilts already purchased a Windows license before the user even thought about buying the computer. They've even made Windows 10 free for life for anyone that purchased a prebuilt in the last several years since the key is built into the BIOS.

So all that leaves is a tiny infinitesimally small low single digit percentage of people who build from parts, and if they're doing that, there's a good chance they'll pirate as well. So why even bother?

Attached: 1524707461355.jpg (600x900, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ekistece/vlmcsd-autokms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cute feet

uh

many companies purchase OS upgrades for older computers that didn't come with 10

about $200 per PC for the new key

College students forced to have legitimate copies by complimentary malware.

Because it's run by Jews. They'd sooner cut their balls off than pass on even a little bit of extra profits.

That said, if Windows was free nobody would use it. "It's expensive so it got to be good" or so the logic goes, which is how that dogshit os maintains vice grip of the desktop market. If it was free it would be scolded left right and center.

I don't know the answer to your question but to whoever gets trips and provides an email gets 2 free Windows Pro keys.

gl bb

Attached: king.gif (360x270, 2.22M)

[email protected]

rolling

[email protected]

Literally there's only one os that's costs money and that's Windows. Even osx is free

nice try hackerman

[email protected]

damn user i woulda given you at least one for trips but you didn't giv an email so sorry :^(

Heres two for funsies anons

4dfry-289mf-f9pyw-2wwm2-3tmfx

px6qh-rxqcm-42h2x-22634-xbhgy

[email protected]

That's actually his work email btw

The only way you could get a Mac OS is if you buy a macshit hardware. If you could run OS X on PC it would be easily the best one. Technically there's hackintosh, but that's not for actual everyday use and is not even legal.

>but that's not for actual everyday use
it isn't if you're retarded and cant follow basic instructions

i've been using an x5650 hackintosh build for 5 years and have only had minor kernel panic issues when i installed el capitan

[email protected]

Why is she wearing Miku's pantsu?

>implying shimapan is exclusive to entry level weeb shit

i want reddit to leave

And I've been using loonix and never had any issues whatsoever, and I didn't had to follow any special """common sense""" protocols or dick around to get it to work in the first place.

[email protected]

xD

[email protected]

>it isn't if you're retarded and cant follow basic instructions

Well now you are back to the problem Linux has always had which is .. most people are retarded and can't follow basic instructions.
Which is why they use what ever comes installed on their device even if they hate it and then everybody else who is forced to use an OS because some software they need or want to use is only written for it.
The operating system it's self is an after thought, coming all set up and ready to go on more hardware and then developers writing software for it due to that are the keys to the kingdom.

Companies buy enterprise licenses.

Computers come with home/pro editions.

[email protected]

depending on size of said company

It's goatse.xc

[email protected]

Any prebuilt made in the last decade gets a free Win10 license with the 7/8 upgrade program.

>all these posts
>no new unique IDs

you can stop now user

no

kek

Throw some more pro keys around

for you baby, anything

3XGV4-Y7BDH-2HKPQ-KXCPC-H3CT8

TCP39-MPCJG-4CF4B-W8V62-3V4DW

>Jews
>Losing a penny

[email protected]

What the hell am I looking at here?

fpbp

Windows is free of charge. They intentionally let you pirate it. No reason to reject free money if anyone is willing to pay though.

I'm in college, pirated win8.1 and office 2016

Doll ass'n legs with a cardboard on the front

[email protected]

A weapon that makes womens obsolete

yeah gimmie that key
[email protected]

I'll try.
[email protected]

>4dfry-289mf-f9pyw-2wwm2-3tmfx
I took this one this late and it actually worked.
Nobody took it in all this time?

Bad connection sucks.

College students already get legitimate copies of Windows for free.

>just make Windows free for consumers
It already is. You don't have to activate it. The only feature it doesn't have when not activated is theming and changing wallpaper, as well as giving you the "please buy wincrap" stamp after 30-90 days.
Also it's easy as fuck to activate for free github.com/ekistece/vlmcsd-autokms

[email protected]

What would be the point? Microsoft already has the policy of making Windows "easy" to pirate because in their business model sheer market share is more important as it create dependency on their solutions.
Windows 7 could be activated with a shitty tool that freely circulates on the interweb, so with 8. Windows 10 was even freely distributed.

>tfw "got a feet fetish"

Why not?
[email protected]

[email protected]

Attached: 1285352085_preview_5 reserv.jpg (858x606, 105K)

heh. one of those actually worked. thanks. my brothers shitty gaming laptop has been unactivated for a while.

Windows s is free? Or is it?

probably because it's botnet

anime trying to become real but the jewss won't let it

the only way incels experience female intimacy

seething

Why don't you work for free a week a year? Like 95% of your income comes from the rest of the year anyway, so that means you should work for free a week.

I thought it was one of these but for a torso instead of a head.

Attached: cutout.jpg (285x500, 32K)

[email protected]

[email protected]

Damn that's some next level elitism

id install win10 only if they would pay me. free cash is always good, cant say that about windows

Attached: 44285262793.png (189x189, 33K)

why only 1 foot pic?

rms [at] gnu.org

all legit codes will work. until their activation servers see that you've activated or updated a suspicious amount of times in the past x amount of time passed

i've activated upwards of 8 times on a machine on the same day once before their servers required me to call in the early days when i built my first computer

hell, windows 10 you can just install and never activate. they'll just make it so you cant personalize and have a watermark.
market share is super important
there are places in the world where "windows" is synonymous with computer.
all these linux fags and mac fags are delusional if they think windows is ass.
windows runs the world. it just has the absolute largest userbase so even if windows has less of a percentage of retarded users, the sheer amount of that number dwarfs the total userbase of linux AND macs put together

rms @ gnu .org

[email protected]

Nigger nigger nigger ngiereriniggernignggernigger gi nigger nigger

Attached: 1535818671751.png (431x311, 103K)

Anyone has more pics like that?

Or know what it's called
It's so good

Attached: giantanjeannealter.jpg (1920x2728, 393K)

[email protected]

this

anime

Attached: 1511141506632.jpg (750x937, 103K)

Now these are some asses

where do i find this

i want to go there

are there some brothels in japan where you can just go loose with these things?

Attached: 8cq3drmcjaj11.jpg (1075x645, 81K)

i am a pirate, but have friends that could use it.

Without the pious myth that Windows is a commercial product, how would MS have the moral authority to charge commercial users?

>Because it's run by Jews

/thread

Attached: 1427960831559.png (400x400, 62K)

Many software companies run on a "free for personal use" model.

[email protected]

[email protected] come on give it to me bb

[email protected] plz bb Jesus love me

Bb plz [email protected]

[email protected] why won't god forgive me. Why are my m560s broken now

Why the fuck wouldn't they?
It takes them practically 0 effort to do and provides another source of revenue.

Rolling for the 999

[email protected]

come on bb let's do it
[email protected]

I'm feeling it now Mr. Krabs

[email protected]

nooo
[email protected]

fuuu
[email protected]

MISO SOOOUP I NEED THIS
FUCK LIIIIIIIIIINUX