What is Jow Forums's favorite distro when it comes to aesthetics/function STRAIGHT out of the box/default install?

What is Jow Forums's favorite distro when it comes to aesthetics/function STRAIGHT out of the box/default install?

Attached: d6VxWhT.jpg (1836x2448, 476K)

Not macOS

Will get massive hate, but I love Linux Mint. I may switch to Arch soon though, for a learning experience.

What episode of Linus TT is this?

Gentoo

lubuntu

Unironically Windows 7 because Linux is ass straight off the old zip disquette.

>Europeans don't think this is gay

A Pixelbook w/ ChromeOS.

Can do web stuff (email, calendar, meetings, etc) super easy, ssh into my desktop-in-the-cloud setup with the Secure Shell App. It supports daisy-chaining displayport over a usb-c hub to two monitors at my desk so I can easily switch between my keyboard/mouse at home and the laptop when out and about.

I don't think I could ever go back to the hassle of a Real Linux Desktop Distribution unless my job somehow demanded it.

Attached: prv_069_pixelbook2017-100740053-large.jpg (700x394, 92K)

ElementaryOS

It's like a non-bloated macOS with freedom installed!

Linux mint and I also like manjaro

gentoo

Xubuntu without a doubt.
is a runner-up.
What I run daily is Antergos, with Xfce of course.

The one where he drops his hardware.

that guy looks like buildzoid desu

I don't like any of them straight out of the box. I'd have to choose some shitty derivative like Manjaro for something with a tiling wm out of the box.

>aesthetics
kys

These. I recommend Linux Mint to everyone who is new to Linux and I use elementary OS in my PC.

Manjaro KDE (the themed one obviously)

hackintoshOS :^)

They're both Americans, fuckface

I don't think he implied otherwise m9

How do you know that faggot? Did you take the picture?

Crunchbang #!

Debian with XFCE.

I didn't know Linus was gay

The people in the picture are both twitch streamers. They're reckful and sodapoppin. They're both American.

elementary OS

That's what I put on my wife's daughter laptop.

Like , I like the cinnamon setup of Mint the best in terms of what’s the best looking and easiest to use right as you have it set up on default for the very first time. I still keep my USB stick that I used for booting it on my desk.

Xubuntu. It looks the best of all *buntus (atually all distros imo) and comes with every package and driver under the sun preinstalled

Ubuntu. sudo apt install i3 emacs and we're good to go.

Debian stable KDE.
And the twink on the right is fuckable. Got more?

I'd buy that but imo it's too expensive for what it is. A new iPad is cheaper and now even the low end ones have stylus support.

unmodifyed Manjaro lxQt

Attached: win10lie.jpg (1408x938, 177K)

>lxQt
How much ram do I save?

The Japanese do it with no pants on.

I've been using mint for about 3 years. I can't find any reason to move out of it. I've played with other distros but overall mint just works for me.

I had that for a while but got bored of the updates. I prefer to live my life and just use the laptop instead of wasting all day to weak it.

The pic is sodapoppin the twitch streamer (right) and reckful the twitch streamer (left)

Attached: bogdabots.jpg (350x357, 149K)

Pop!_OS

#! or its continuation BunsenLabs
It is literally prericed Debian

manjaro xfce werks good for me with little effort, I only need to set up the nvidia graphics cuz i need bumblebee

Ubuntu Budgie

Arch.

Manjaro XFCE can look great, and I do use it but it looks old as shit upon first installing

Debian

Guess what happened when I bought a 2818 MacBook pro.

>What is Jow Forums's favorite distro when it comes to aesthetics/function STRAIGHT out of the box/default install?
None, this does not exist.

TUNNEL BEAR

Solus!

why would it be gay

11+4?

Pop!_OS. Everything pictured is what it looks like out of the box aside from the wallpaper (it's still an included stock wallpaper though) and the terminal, and all I did was darken the background and add my own bashrc. This thing also does encryption by default and all you have to do is set a password when you install it.

Wrong.

Attached: Screenshot_from_20180902_193320.png (1366x768, 515K)

I had a very short stint with ElementaryOS, the locked down-ness didn't do it for me but I can appreciate ease of install, beautiful nature wallpapers and a clean asthetic.

The perfect normie desktop.

Windows Server 2008 r2

Attached: windowsserver2008r2rc22.png (1024x768, 88K)

>Wrong.
Your pic prove me right tho.
This dock size is insane for a such a ridiculous resolution. Same goes for windows bar size.
out of the box experience should be a post-install program which let you change your background and the size of different elements.
should let you configure network, battery settings, font size, your multiple screens if any and so on.
And most of all it should present you with a list of softwares you may want to install and set back up utilities.

Linux is about choice and this should be your first feeling post-install.

I sure as hell will never ever use something like this but I know lots of people who would.

Cx my tryhards.

Attached: 1535945932731.jpg (502x611, 63K)

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations is better.

Rub-a-dub-dub! Two men in a tub!

>straight out of the box -> Not installing other programs

I dunno. Solus for esthetics and Endless OS for function?

>MFW no distro uses DeaDBeef for music
>MFW all the distros use Transmission instead of Deluge for torrents
>MFW there are distros that use Openoffice or Calligra instead of LibreOffice
>MFW there are distros that use GNOME as a DE

Attached: Whytho.jpg (600x313, 22K)

My progression was
Linux Mint -> Arch Linux -> NixOS

ubuntu with Unity, unironically

>desperately tries to look like windows
>doesn't even look like windows

crunchbang was the best at this.
nu-Jow Forums doesn't remember though

gnome shortcuts arent what i like out of the box
but ubuntu gnome looks quite nice
elementary too
xubuntu is my fav for function

deadeef is buggy trash, transmission is better and libreoffice is the gold standard for non-MS office suites.
fuck off retard

Fellow masterrace reporting in.

>aesthetics/function STRAIGHT out of the box/default install?

Why does this matter unless you're a total newb? Just download a theme, place it in ~/.themes and switch to it. Sure, you have to enable an extension for shell themes in GNOME, but this is easy stuff.

If you find a theme that is almost perfect, the great thing about Linux is that you can usually edit the theme pretty easily, making it your own.

PRIVATE INTERNET ACCESS

Attached: lol.gif (320x240, 2.61M)

Mint cinnamon. So many themes available right away.

hot pic OP can you send more

Speaking of gay sex in the bathtub...

>ElementaryOS
>non-bloated
Pick one

it's only gay if you make it gay

My Fedora LXQt spin runs at ~400-500MB with the base programs running.

Did balls touch?

The one where we get to see the inside of his cuck shed!