Best audio technica headphones?

m20x, m30x, m40x, m50x?

For this kind of music youtube.com/watch?v=mL0QIKOOFSQ

Attached: audio technica.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mbxdRYnab9o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The most expensive one would do just fine.

Attached: y4WfEfa.jpg (728x636, 133K)

It's a big jump between m40x and m50x. m50x is $50 more than the m40x.

But is the gap in quality worth 50 buckeroos to you?
However small that gap may be.

Attached: 1530106424297.jpg (1024x735, 77K)

Theres the 70x and more higher end cans. Check your budget and if possible go to a store that has them on display and try them out.

i like my m50x. Never listened to the other ones though. And 150 buckos are really not much

Sennheiser hd 58x

M50x
But is there a reason u have to choose between these? Cause there's much more affordable options nowadays for same or better sound quality.

My mind is mostly on the m30x. Are there other headphones comparable in quality for 70 bucks?

>$50
>big jump
Maybe you should just stick to earbuds.

I've been using Sony MDRXB50AP which are awesome IMO. Looking for a headphone that's superior quality without giving up an arm and a leg.

>Cause there's much more affordable options nowadays for same or better sound quality.
Which ones are better or comparable vs the M50x?

Get the m30x or the m60x. Skip the 50x.

I got the m50x about 3 years ago until the right ear stopped working likely due to static.

Got the m40x about 3 months ago, it's alright but much smaller, less comfortable and more difficult to plug in/out cables. Looking back I'd probably buy the m50x again or get different headphones.

Are the ear and head pads on the M50x easily replaced? How long do they last on average?

I replaced the earpads about 1.5 years after I got mine. It's pretty easy to replace but you need to consider pads that have good sound or good comfort.

M40x if you're not sure.
M50x REQUIRES amplification to sound good.

i mostly listen to music on youtube. is that not amplified?

yes

I use ATH-W1000X and i can recommend it to you

That's mostly personal preference, but which ones do you think are best? Something close to the originals or entirely different?

Yeah that has plenty amplification.

Not that user but I put Brainwavz HM5 pads on my m50x's after the pleather wore down on the original pads, I think the new pads sound better.

What is your budget OP? I had M50X, shifted to MSR7 soon after and the difference is amazing.

I have m20x. OK for the money I guess. For some reason headphones are expensive as fuck around here and the selection is extremely limited. It was the only non headset, not-completely-shit headphones I could find in the price range.
The main issue I have with them is that my ears start to hurt after a few hours and that wasn't a thing with my jvc ha-rx700

dont really want to spend more than 80 bucks

Are they also more comfortable or the same?

Idk I haven't kept up with headphones for years. You should check out the headphone general threads on here, or even headphones subreddit, and you'll find updated information. You should be able to find M50 comparable headphones for around $50.

Also, you should do some research on headphones and amplifiers before u buy anything. and are trolling you. However, most inexpensive headphones probably will not require an amplifier. For the M50, an amp is not absolutely necessary but it is beneficial.

=|

you should get the beyerdynamic 770s
audio technicas are cheaply made, i had problems with the cable and with the earcups. there is a tiny microscopic piece of plastic that prevents the headphone from tilting too far back, if it breaks you are screwed. beyerdynamics have a more comfortable metal housing and the bass response is better

Depends on tolerable you find having your head squished I suppose. Only thing I see people complain about the m50x in terms of comfort is how tight they tend to be, I don't mind and I definitely think the extra foam padding on the brainwavz helps a little bit.

I could wear them for hours on end regardless of the pads I had on them.

I do have a slightly larger head than average I think and I feel the M50x are a bit tight that I have to remove them after about an hour or so to just massage my ears a bit before putting them back on. Softer pads would be an improvement. Are memory foam pads a meme?

M40X is the best here.

just get phonon 4000 instead fagotta

Memory foam is quite firm and will shape to whatever force applies to it, it is comfortable but not a silver bullet for how tight m50x's tent to be.

I use logitech g430. Was really worth the 60 euros

I have a pair of m50x and they are fine.

Just buy Sennheiser...

M50x are a bit brighter than the M40s. Either way, the earpads are shit, so you'll have to drop another $35 on some HM5's.

babys first headphones
>gaymer gear

REMEMBER

FIGHT THE SHILLS

Attached: 1535272520598.png (1524x3154, 725K)

Nice meme.

50 dollars is nothing. It's a small price for a big jump. It's only when you go to the 5000+ range ( cost of DAC / AMP / headphones total ) is it really big for a small jump.

What about the SR9 from STAX?

fell for the m50 meme years ago
they sound like dog shit

spend 20 bucks more for beyerdynamic or senheiser
thank me later

Logged in to tell you that your taste in music is gay as fuck.

What kind of audio quality can I expect from these?

Attached: sony-wh-1000xm3-noise-cancelling-headphones-0-980x620.jpg (980x620, 39K)

170 + is super. ill certainly consider them if theres a black friday sale

youtube.com/watch?v=mbxdRYnab9o

>fight the shills
>shilling hd600
LOOOOOOOOL

Attached: 1520282367512.png (1096x640, 145K)

if you budget is 100 ish get m40x or takstar pro 82
if its like 200 get m60x but they are on ear

kys

Best audiotechnica with bt and aux option?

Definitely go with the M50x.

I own a pair of the older m50s and the sound is a little bit better on the m50x, albeit I do believe they seem a very slight bit more tuned towards the low end/bass than the m50s, but it just makes things sound more "full".

Also if you do any other audio work/hobbies, the extra cables they include with them and the quick disconnect is great.

m60x

>t. DT880 poster
>doesn't realize his headphones do the same thing, but worse.

>Best audio technica headphones
R70X

almost the same as the m50x just with a bit more soundstage

Own these
Love them but might require a little bit if power which any motherboard can provide
>inb4 motherbo-
Unless you work in anything that deals with sound design kindly fuck off. No one feels sorry that you bought a $1000 amp for a $200 headphone

The Sony MDR-1a is better than the M50x

I own the M40x and I feel like it's the sweet spot for performance to quality ratio. The M50x is a very, very slight improvement. Not worth the extra $50 imo.

Just get the M40x. Remember how hard M50x were shilled back then?

Got a pair of m40x. They're the best bang for your buck, that's for sure. Great sound quality and great build quality for much less than the price of the m50x. I'm not saying m50x are not worth it, I actually don't know, but for what they cost the m40x couldn't be better.
The only downside: I tried replacing the earpads with brainwavz sheepskin pads, and while they were comfortable as fuck, they also totally destroyed the sound (fuck that fucking fat youtuber redditor fuck that suggested such thing, and fuck me for falling for it).

Just get the msr7. anything higher end is point of diminishing returns

Had the m40x. Supreme, neutral sound but the m50x are godtier sound engineering equipment as i know. I'd pick the 50x for sure.

I had JBL, Beats and Sonys for comparison. Also Shure and Beyerdynamics in the >200€ range. The m50x are the bet for anyone who wants to hear the music the way it is without any bassclusterfucking

greenpill me on the SR850s

all of the more affordable audio technica headphones are bested by others in their price range, m50x especially are a ripoff.

which is best headphone at under 80 price range?

why the fuck does everyone shill the m50x on here, they are dogshit compared to the m40x

Whats better than the m50x that costs the same or less?

MSR7

lmfao do you really think audio engineers across the world would use DT 770's unanimously if they sucked?

audio goblin get the fuck out no one believes you over hundreds of sound engineers and musicians

tfw i just bought alphapads

I would try out the m50x's before buying. I was completely underwhelmed when I got mine, which was surprising considering how great everyone seems to think they are.

Whatever you are going to buy, try it out first.

the m40x is better than the m50x in almost every way

m50, replace default pads

Is ATH-RE70 worth enough for poorfags?

This happened to my M40X's after a year and a half. I want that rough on them and apparently it's a common problem with them.

Attached: IMG_20180903_222024.jpg (3024x4032, 2.95M)

Do you mean you weren't rough? Or you were? Is it just the m40's or others as well?

I have m20x's on the way to replace the JBL e45bt's that I have now. Both have 40 mm drivers. I will be running them through an external DAC/headphone amp. Will I hear much difference btw the two?

If your gonna drop 150 on m50x then just buy some hifiman he4xx
Planar openbacks with great sound when you have an amp dac combo setup

what about these?

Attached: mdr 7506.jpg (355x355, 16K)

Meant to say I wasn’t. I don’t know about any besides that model.

Tim, stop fucking throwing your headphones on the ground when you lose a game of whatever shit you play now.

>audio technica headphones
Just did a search and the cheaper ones ain't better than some Phillips or Panasonic would be.
With some I see that they are barely over 95db too. You gotta be kidding me.

m40x

The thing is, m50x are basshead pieces of shit and m40x are actually good cans.

You're missing the ATH-M70X

Personally I'm running the m50x but the m40x is decent if you don't care for extra bass.

Attached: ath-m70x-in-the-box-large.jpg (3840x2160, 1.33M)

where can i test them before buying?

A good audio shop will have demo units.

If you want your music to sound like an am radio with sibilant highs that cause hearing problems it's pretty much perfect

Grab the Kz ed16 and the tin t2 or the trn v80. If you can hear the difference between them and can tell someone how are they different, you sill notice the sound quality difference. This "test" is just so you can know if your ears are sharp enough to merit an improvement in audio equipment.

In upper prices, quality improves less with an increase of price. So more expensive will be usually better, but maybe not by that much.

Also mind that everyone hears differently, so you might not hear the complaints other people have because your hearing may be less sensitive in the frequencies.

For example, my gf is fine with the cowin e7, and I find them to be decent and not a thing more.

>my gf
You don't need to lie to us user